Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I ordered
-- Vampire x1 $100
-- Fire Giants x1 $10
-- Frost Giants x1 $10
-- Starter Paint Set x1 $18
-- Starter Set 2 x1 $18
-- Figure Case x2 $50
-- Nethyrmaul x1 $25
-- Mister Bones x1 $1
Has anyone received a Nethyrmaul yet? Im guessing that is the reason for not having tracking yet. I kinda wish I had ordered more dragons, but I would never paint them

Are they shipping in any order or just everywhere at once?

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Jun 23, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Manifest posted:

If anyone wants to dump their clear minis hit me up, they're the only ones I was interested in.

probably me when they arrive. Is this going to be the trading thread too?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They must be shipping out Nethyrmauls because I just got tracking!

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Indolent Bastard posted:

What was the contact info for missing minis?

Mine also arrived missing lots of stuff with the boxes heavily damaged.
Its questions@reapermini.com
Reference your order # and KS email

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jul 2, 2013

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Leperflesh posted:

Well. I got four extra NOVA guys for some reason; I had one miniature who is missing his hand and weapon (it's a socket, so probably got lost somewhere in China), and a lot of pieces that are bent (but not damaged, so easily restored with some hot water). Other than that, my Vampire plus extras is complete. :)

I also got the 4 extra NOVAs but I am missing 4 items with 7 items bent at a 90 degree angle. Ill try the hot water trick on them later

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Now that many of us have our stuff, can this be the reaper trading thread? It makes no sense to start a new thread when its on topic here.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

moths posted:

Did you remember to download the free PRG they bundled in?

what, where? I threw out all the packaging, did I miss something?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Leperflesh posted:

I boiled water in a kettle and then poured that water into a glass bowl. I then dipped figures over the next ten minutes or so. I tried a figure at 15 minutes and it worked, but not as well.

I used chopsticks to fish them out of the water and was surprised that they weren't too hot to handle briefly before sticking them into cold water. I'm not sure if the ice is really necessary.

the ice is to shock the plastic into a more rigid form. Like quenching a sword. If you dont do the ice you are more likely to get rebent at room temps

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Im still missing several models and some paints, how far from being "done" are they so they can finally start shipping out the missing items?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JackMann posted:

Have you contacted them about it yet? I'm pretty sure that earlier on (when they were doing just Vampire boxes and smaller add-ons), they were sending out replacement bits for those who asked. Though they may have stopped to concentrate on the remaining orders. In that case, you'll probably see them shipping out in a week or so.

yeah they told me to contact them again when they were done shipping
I got my order pretty early too

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
has anyone who emailed about missing parts heard back from them after their last KS update?
Its been weeks for me

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah its really useful for people who cant do grade school math or are unable to use the calculator included on pretty much any device they would use to read that email.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bucnasti posted:

People love dragons.

Sometimes they love them a bit too much.

bonesium dragon dildo confirmed

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
its worth mentioning that the paint set 2 is new colors. I know it says "new colors" and all, but i had to double check my current paints to make sure. Up until now there were only 38 HD paints. Im looking forward to seeing how the White performs in an airbrush

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Short of the Kingdom Death stuff, is there even anyone making well sculpted half-naked females? So many have busted faces or wrong leg/body proportions with huge lips. The female barbarian in particular seems to have some dwarf-like features. Is that because the real pros have some backbone and wont do it? Obviously people are asking for it, otherwise this crap wouldnt sell well.

It seems like a difficult choice for a business. Is the moral high ground really worth the missed sales when the objective is to make money?

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Oct 25, 2013

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im pretty bummed at the value of the expansions compared to the previous KS. I really hope they open the items in the expansions up to being add ons. I spent over $300 on the last KS but I'll probably only keep my core pledge for this one. There are 1 or 2 items in each expansion I like, but so many terrain pieces that feel like poor value.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FROOOOOOOOG posted:

Quick question: if I'm going to convert bones minis with putty or plasticard, what should I do about painting them? Those kinds of materials usually need priming.

you prime them, bones can be primed, they just dont need it most of the time

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that looks pretty good, from half of the angles :D
Is that lean standard or did you get some funky bones?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Iris of Ether posted:

Anyone else tried painting up the Pathfinder iconics? She had a little bit of the alien-face going on her sculpt, but I think I managed to highlight it enough to get around that.

Has anyone figured out how to properly paint Bones swords without them looking kind of off, though?

the problem is they are too thick and sometimes lumpy. You are painting a rod to look like a sword so you better be good at NMM.
I file them smoother and little bit thinner. I would just replace them with shaped plasticard if I was serious.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
did starwarssexparrot or whatever is name was ever sell all those Bones he bought? I'm thinking of getting rid of my whole Bones vampie pledge version 1 if there is still a market for it.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bad Munki posted:

Just realized it's gonna be September soon, and you know what that means. Y'all got all your bones from last time painted? :v:

not even loving close! bring em on!

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im an early bird and I would be annoyed if any wave 2s got boned before me. Whether im entitled to be annoyed isnt relevant because I still would be.

All they are doing is avoiding a definite future problem for their CSRs

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

El Estrago Bonito posted:

The fastest loving peasants ever.

its social commentary on poor people being sub human rat people

im not stalking you. you just post in all the same threads I do

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JackMann posted:

For perspective, the facility in China had 14 to 16 machines. At least ten have been dedicated to Bones production. In-house production is a long-term goal.

So bones 3 is a safe bet and maybe a 4? How much stuff in their catalog is still metal or plastic?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

moths posted:

I'm still irritated that my stuff has been ready for weeks (months?) since I didn't order any of the problem minis.

But oh no, it would be unfair to Wave 1 and they'd cry if I got anything first. gently caress waves.

wave 1 supremacy bitches. The only add on I got was the big dragon diorama, which are the problem minis?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i got my tracking too, I had assumed I was way deep into wave 1 or are they not shipping in order?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i can see my order # is 7495, but where do i see my pledge submission #?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Now I too have been boned,

Wave 1, core set, dragon diorama and a few paints

Much better packed and way less crushed than bones 1

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I look forward to hearing about news of Bones III in this thread from people who still havent painted a single Bones I (me)

I'm not one of those people that gets depressed at seeing a monster backlog.
Owning them does make me happier than painting them.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
as someone who bought bones 1 and 2 but hasnt painted any of them, im ready for bones 3

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
live in 8 hours, prepare your wallets!
https://www.reapermini.com/

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
been trying to pledge since 8:00. bummer

well it took 37 min, but im in wave 2!

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Jul 7, 2015

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

krushgroove posted:

I really wonder why they only did an 18-day campaign. They could have at least started it later, so it would end after the first of the month, i.e., payday for lots of people.

perhaps they dont want it getting too huge and have smaller more often bones sets planned. That would certainly be easier on logistics.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
similarly near 1000.00 with 1 painted. They sure know how to sell them.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I dont want any of that stuff, a Christmas miracle!

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Will it fit in a Detolf?

I have the DETOLF and KLINGSBO
The DETOLF is the king of value but its not very sturdy and thats worrying in a glass item.
Get the KLINGSBO instead its much nicer and doesnt have such a huge cap between shelves leading to more usable shelf space
It costs more but its a huge step up in quality

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
most people call them risers. Any plexiglass cube will function as a step

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you can very easily make your own risers with long rectangles of plexi and a heat gun.
Bend it into a flat topped U and done.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i painted none of my bones but that wont stop me from getting on bones 4.

Is there some kind of alert I can set up for when it goes live?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JackMann posted:

Because I truly am that much of a goober, my ReaperCon haul:

Ungorth, Cthon Summoner
2x ReaperCon Sophie
2x Grim Squeaker Mousling
Bonehenge Covenant Iconic
Disciples of Cthon Iconic
Duskwardens Iconic
Maggotcrown Iconic
Melusine Darkember
Female Wraith
Headless Mousling
Bat Demon
Winter Spirit
Spirit of Autumn
Giant Bats
2x Halloween Knight
Maggotcrown Antipaladin
Learn to Paint Layer Up Kit
Mouse Mummy from Darksword Miniatures
Priestess from Bombshell Miniatures
2x STAR Troopers from RBJ Game Company
Drummer Girl from Victoria Miniatures
10 Female Arcadian Rifles from Victoria Miniatures
Official Reaper Brand Superglue
3 Paint Sets from Scale75 (Elf, Unnatural Flesh, and Metal and Alchemy Bronze)
Arid Grasslands Kit from Secret Weapon Miniatures
Full Range of Minitaire Paints
Badger Patriot 105 Airbrush
About three hundred dollars worth of random minis from the melt table.

Is the patriot 105 one of the airbrushes able to hookup directly to the paint bottles? That always seemed so convenient even though I never had a project big enough to need that.

• Locked thread