Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I bet there's gonna be the most awesome company picnic after that last order goes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Baby Sathanas posted:

I only have 6 items on my order, but I haven't recieved a shipping notification. Got a "we left a parcel with your neighbour" card today, but that neighbour said they haven't recieved anything! It's entirely possible the guy delivering just hosed up which door to put a card in but now I'm so paranoid I'll never get my Bones... :ohdear:

No need to worry, they're definitely sending me your bones. Thanks!

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Man, I want a tracking number so bad. :(

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Man, I even cleaned up my workbench in preparation for a pile of bones, hoping that would trigger a shipment notification. No luck yet! :(

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I think they're sort of all over the place, really. I was watching the counter yesterday, and each order would bump the number of line items by anywhere from 8 to 14. I suspect they're shipping at, say, 11 distinct line items, but regardless of how many total items in the order. So, like, vampire + 2x giants would be two line items for shipping timing, but obviously three line items for realsies. Maybe. :)

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Jesus Christ, I guess that confirms my theory that they're actually all over the place right now.

Still don't have my email, though. :(

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Nah, it looks like other notifications people have been posting are confirming that they aren't holding very strictly to ordering their shipments by number of line items at this point. Which is fine, I just want my email! They are literally intentionally giving me the finger every minute I don't have that email. How dare they.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Indolent Bastard posted:

What was the contact info for missing minis?

Me. PM me all of your details and identifying information and I will see to it that Reaper ships them to me right away.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

:derp::derp::derp:Ahhhhh shitshitshit all my whining finally paid off!!:derp::derp::derp:

quote:

Hi there! We're shipping out your Kickstarter stuff!

You're getting:
Deep Dwellers x1
Frost Wyrm x1
Fire Giant Warriors x1
Forces of Nature x1
Spider Centaurs x1
IMEF Paint Set x1
Starter Set 2 x1
Undead Giant x1
Figure Case x1
Orcapocalypse x1
Undead Paint Set x1
Starter Paint Set x1
Frost Giants x1
Fire Giants x1
vampire x1

Now it's just a race between my order from Reaper and my order from Indolent Bastard...

Bad Munki fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jul 2, 2013

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

e: wtf am I talking about

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I was inundated with little plastic monsters this morning. I have yet to crack open and start inventorying the vampire set itself, just finished going through my extras. Two mistakes so far. One hilarious, the other I have a question about :

1) This guy (the sketch dude from the fire giant warriors in the pledge map) is missing his sword. Is it just one piece that mates into both those holes, are are there two pieces there? It was just the main body and his buttcape in the bag.

2) This cracked me up. My male ice giant shipped with two left fists and no head. I made do:

When I go to get this fixed, are they going to just send me the missing part, or a whole new bag? Because honestly, I sorta hope the latter, so that I can actually make FistFace the Frost Giant.

e: Finished taking inventory. There were precisely zero other errors. No missing minis, no missing parts, nothing wrong at all except those two giants. Extremely well done, Reaper. :golfclap:

Bad Munki fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jul 5, 2013

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Here, have this, a thing I've been thinking about since the moment I discovered some of these bones were going to be translucent:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

The hard part is going to be cramming a battery and other bits into a standard base. Since a watch battery has a high enough internal resistance, all I really need is some sort of low-profile battery holder and that's it. I've found some that are basically no deeper than your typical base, but I've SEEN lower-profile. Anyhow, should be pretty sweet if I ever get it working and built the way I want. :)

Phase 1 complete, though: translucent minis look sweet when lit up from the inside.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Yeah, it's the orange ball of fire that comes in the vampire set. Regular old amber led inside. :)

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

TheLawinator posted:

So, what game do we play with all of these? It wouldn't be hard to stat em up in Song of Blades and Heroes, but are there any other skirmish games that can work with this kinda variety?

Game? Play? :confused:

And heaven forbid you actually paint any of them.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Iris of Ether posted:

Quick search on Adafruit and Sparkfun yielded this. I'm not sure it's going to be possible to get much smaller than this with a coin cell battery. :D

Yeah, that's the one I've been eyeing the most, although I've seen some that don't actually go over the battery and just wrap around the sides, saving a precious little bit of vertical space (i.e. absolutely no thicker at all than the battery itself.) Obviously less secure of a grip, so I'll probably go with one like what you linked, and just do it with slightly thicker bases.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I've got some reaper black wash. Anyone tried applying it directly to bones without any paint underneath at all? I know watered down paints on bones tends to not go well, but I'm curious if straight wash will do any better.

What I want is to get some black wash down in the creases of some of the green translucent ghostly types so when I led them up, the high points (bones and such) glow more than the recesses.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I want any and all red translucent flaming sphere minis people want to unload. :v:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Bucnasti posted:

No, the reaper black wash doesn't stick to unprimed minis, or at least not to the unprimed parts of my minis.
For the transparent minis, I got an brush on acrylic clearcoat to put down first, my washes seem to stick to that just fine.
Huh. Because I had a duplicate of this one green translucent one (the skeletons climbing out of the ground in a cloud of wispy smoke) so I just decided to see what'd happen between my previous post and now. The wash was undiluted, and seems to stick just fine and flow well. This was after giving the mini a good washing off with dish soap and a toothbrush and then drying it thoroughly, mind you. this was with 09255 Black Wash.

That's not to say the result was what I necessarily wanted, but the application went surprisingly well.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

You're all traitors if you don't start your vampire pledge with Mr. Bones.

Pretty rough because it's the first thing I've painted in at least a year, but there you go.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

He led the way through the campaign, revealing new rewards the whole way. Of COURSE he should lead the way through the painting process.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

thespaceinvader posted:

... I'm going to need a bigger table.

Well the great thing is, you don't have to keep them all nicely arranged, you can just chuck them in a box and not give any shits, it's not gonna hurt them or anything. :)

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Leperflesh posted:

There's some figures where they glued on a piece, and I really wish they hadn't because it'll be a bitch to paint under a part.

On that note, does anyone know if they plan to ship them assembled in general (i.e. non-kickstarter sales)? There are some of these that I'd really like to get unassembled for various reason. Like the big fire elemental, I'd reeeaaally like to have him unassembled.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Nah, the big one is pretty clearly three pieces. You can see the keys inside and the seams.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Paolomania posted:

Based on the labelling on all the packages, can we assume that LDPE is what all bones are made of?

I think it was supposed to be a type of ABS, actually.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I swear, boiling these things is literally magic. I could watch their little swords and legs and such self-straighten all day.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I have so many bones I've started throwing them out my car window as I drive around town. :smug:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

So are they basically done with the official campaign, then? Aside from those of you who fell through the cracks or whatever. I'm just wondering if now would be a good time to start addressing FistFace the Frost Giant and Stumps the Handless Giant.

Also, who is it we contact again? I know the info has been posted here before but it was some time ago.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Also, that lady needs a nice little boilin' :getin:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Yeah, I really hope they send me a whole new model instead of just the head, I don't really want to give up FistFace.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Pierzak posted:

but next time I want something from them I'll be thinking "yeah, I'd order some minis/paints/whatnot, but I'd like to get in several weeks, not next year". Pity, I like the company otherwise.

That's a pretty silly thing to say, because next time you want something from them, you probably won't be pre-back-ordering it through a kickstarter.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

evenworse username posted:

Except with a tiny plastic owlbear.

So basically exactly the same.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I used dish soap, water, and a toothbrush, and my minis are all as white as the driven snow. Lots of rinsing after, though, to be sure I got all the soap off.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

For what it's worth, ALL of my mistakes were in like one or two bags. The rest was 100% spot on.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Baby Sathanas posted:

Am I lucky or unlucky?

It is what you make of it! :v:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Baby Sathanas posted:

I think you should paint that.

If they send me an entire replacement instead of just the head? You bet your rear end I will.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Hand-swap with an orc. :haw:

e: Alternately, it'd make a pretty decent Bigby's <whatever> mounted on a floater base.

Bad Munki fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Aug 9, 2013

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

thespaceinvader posted:

What the gently caress am I ever going to do with this thing?

It's supposed to sit on top of all your other bones as its horde.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

thespaceinvader posted:

I need to do spreadsheets for these and work out an order of priority

Just do like everyone else and paint one or two, then shelve the rest. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

If you dump the new ones in the pile with the old ones, nobody will know :ssh: