Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
I'm thinking of giving Kaladrax as a Mother's Day gift since years ago our cat knocked her old dragon statues off a shelf, breaking them. I was already planning on painting up an owl bear and sending it her way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

I've heard that sometimes boiling the Bones will bring the mold release agent to the surface and make paint not stick, so they recommend giving it a gentle wash.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Apparently they packed a bunch of large orders this weekend since they didn't have their weekday staff levels, but are back to working smallest-> largest now.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Shipping notice! US, estimated delivery of the 10th.

quote:

You're getting:
IMEF Paint Set x1
Undead Giant x1
Red Dragon x1
Spider Centaurs x1
Deep Dwellers x1
Swamp Things x2
Owlbear x2
Kaladrax Reborn x1
C'thulhu x1
Starter Set 2 x1
We Be Goblins x1
Mythos Monsters x1
Dwarves x1
Starter Paint Set x1
BBEG x1
Frost Giants x1
Fire Giants x1
vampire x1

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

drgnvale posted:

Also I got some mystery lady with a spear.

That's probably Hyrekia, who was part of the Kaladrax add-on.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Got my stuff! As far as I can tell, I'm missing 1 figure and have 1 extra. I'll try and remember to send off an email once KS fulfillment is over. Undead Giant was definitely a wise investment, that thing is pretty rad. drat, Kaladrax is huge. Can't imagine painting it without learning to airbrush, unless I take just the head, put it on a flying base, and make it a demidracolich.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

One down, 285 to go. Jesus, that's a lot of miniatures.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Tried to get fancy with the object source lighting, and wound up being unable to leave well enough alone until the face was pretty far gone. I'll leave it as a lesson for now, and maybe strip and repaint it once I've gotten things better figured out.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

I was hoping that meant they were done but it looks like the sync on the counter broke and with only a relative handful left to go, they just took it down.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

If they do send you just just the head, you should mount the hand on its own base. I can think of some good applications for an eldritch fist bursting from the ground.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Looking more closely he's almost certainly holding a microphone, but at first glance I was hyped for a maraca-mancer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Dunking in boiling water followed by dunking in ice water will reset slightly bent ones. You might need to fiddle with them a bit post-boiling for more extreme cases.

• Locked thread