Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?
Got my first bones, letting my kids pick one each to paint. One got the bone devil whose legs don’t seem to support its weight. Any advice on stabilizing the figure so it stays standing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?

Cat Face Joe posted:

Do you mean this guy:

What's the issue? He should be self supporting. If he's all curled up then you can put him in hot water for a minute, shape him to your liking, and then dip him in ice water to shock him into shape.

Also Reaper paints are formulated specifically to work on Bones so if you're having issue try a bottle of that.

Yes, that’s the fellow. I used the hot water trick to stand it up, since it came fairly bent. However, I didn’t do the cold water step, I’ll do that next time. An hour later after straightening it couldn’t hold its own weight. It would slowly bend backwards under the weight of the wings. A day later, it looks to be in better shape, so I guess I underestimated how long it needed to cool.

• Locked thread