Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I gave my housemate money last year to get the big-rear end dragons and Cthulhu added on to his Vampire pledge, and after seeing all the new models I just organised to buy my very own Vampire pledge from someone off the wargamerau forums. The guy let me have his spare second pledge for just $170 posted. :3: I am going to have so many models.

Wait... I am going to have so many models! :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

"This? This is my apartment-suitable sculpture garden."

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Some (ok, a lot) of the female miniatures are terrible, it's true. I do like that they gave a couple of their succubi more realistic body shapes though. :nws: Alura used to be my favourite succubus, but now I think she's tied with the new Bella.:nws:

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

If that's Kaladrax's base, I'm going to have to use him as terrain.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I grabbed a 4th wave spot, just to see what the nebulous shipping charges would end up as, and it looks like I will end up pulling out. :( Maybe I can just do a group order with my housemate to get a few sets of mouslings and paints. There've been some really cool sculpts shown, but I've still got 99% of my Bones I order, as well as Kaladrax, Nethyrmaul, and Cthulhu to paint. and soon I'll have too much Hell Dorado and far far too much Kingdom Death and so many Mantic elemental chess sets and oh god I should be banned from Kickstarter

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I want the Tarrasque and the Dragon's Don't Share kit, but shipping those giant lumps of Bones to Australia is an extra $20 each. :(
A $45 Tarrasque and a $55 dragon tower are a bit less affordable.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

NTRabbit posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etP6_Ukj6AM

Holy gently caress did I buy that much what have I done? :psyduck:

Ooh those Egyptian gods look pretty cool

I only ordered the mouslings and some paints though.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Bad Munki posted:

I have one joke, man. One joke. I'll be damned if I let anyone take that away from me. :smith:

Don't worry, you'll always have rotating cat butts

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

JackMann posted:

EDIT: Looks like the USPS bug is fixed. They just hit 1000 orders with an Aussie shipment.

Woo :australia:

I would have loved a Khanjira or a Dragon :( but shipping more than doubled their cost. So I got mouslings and some paint, which still cost more than forty bucks to ship.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

JerryLee posted:

Jesus, why would you even go for it at that point?

Oops, meant to type twenty; I figured that for 24 new paints and some mice it was worth it, seeing as paint starts at $6/pot here.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

This month I'm painting six Bones from the first Kickstarter and I've been having some major difficulties with paint beading up and refusing to stay put. I ended up washing two of them again, despite having washed and boiled them all months ago when I received them. The paint still beaded up but persistence paid off and I've got at least a base coat of colour on them all now.

Is there a spray paint available in Australia that works well on Bones? I've got a Kaladrax and no real hope of ever actually painting it.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Bad Munki posted:

Are you thinning your paint with water?

Nope, straight from the bottle. Some are even reaper paints. The GW paints are thicker and bead way less, but I just expected the reaper paints to work at least.

They're the promo colours from past reapercon bags

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

thespaceinvader posted:

First Bones 3 rumours have started.

That is a big loving dragon.

http://imgur.com/a/vofW6

Some really cool stuff there. Geisha mousling, stone wall golem with metal gates as wings, aforementioned giant many headed dragon, mad scientist lab gear, Stonehenge.

And yet again the female giant is passively standing there while the male Giants swing their axes and actually do stuff :(

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I'll cross bone too :)

Schmetterling posted:

Oath Complete!

The Barn Owlbear is leaping for the Theme.

Probably :nws: if you enlarge the thumbnail, the succubus wears her heart on her chest for the Theme.

I wanted to do a non-red demon, and I think the blues and purples came out well.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I'm planning on painting Nethyrmaul for this month's oath thread. I've base coated it using my usual black spray paint, and I'm hoping the Bones material will play nicely with it.

I want to use black-purple-greens - a sort of Maleficent-inspired colour scheme.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

The crypt looks bigger than I expected. I want it but the graveyard expansion would cost $82aud :( I already got burnt by forgetting the prices were in usd and locking in more than I should have.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Crossposting from the Oath Thread - a Storm Giant!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

That's weird, I'm in Australia too and no matter what I try adding to the pledge calculator the listed shipping doesn't go over $20.

• Locked thread