Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samej
Apr 25, 2011

A Ponderously Prescient Pachyderm

Bad Munki posted:

Everything I've heard says that you can actually get away without the resistor on a watch battery because they have such a high internal resistance. That's what I did for my glowing-rune standing stones, just wrapped an LED on to a 2032 and tucked it up inside the thing. They'd burn nice and bright for hours and hours and hours.

You could probably do something similar to the translucent minis as is being done here: http://battlereporter.blogspot.com/2008/12/best-warhammer-fantasy-army-ever-seen.html

Quote from link: "The glowing hearts of the models were made from a keychain light mounted into the base. I sculpted all of the torsos, heads and other fiery bits, took a mold and cast them in clear resin. Then I assembled them around the LEDs and used paints and inks to give it the fiery colors. I ran fiber-optics into the eye sockets and as a trail of sparks behind some of the fireballs."

Alright, so maybe a bit much on the DIY scale, but the result seems pretty neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread