Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
I haven't been paying a lot of attention, but are they on track to deliver Bones II on time?

I'm not supposed to get mine until November, so there's a slim chance that I'll get my current set painted...

No not really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

moths posted:

Well, CAV is up.

I've heard the game wasn't very good, has anyone played it?

A good minis wargame that used affordable bones miniatures would be wicked.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

LumberingTroll posted:

Check out those bent weapons....

I was under the impression that they could adjust the durometer of the plastic to give them harder edges and more ridged pieces. Didn't they do something like that with the clockwork dragon wings?

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'm honestly happy to have a product I don't feel compelled to buy. I already have half of Bones 1 unpainted, and Bones 2 coming in a few months. If bones 3 doesn't come until 2015 I would be perfectly happy.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

Play Mordheim with Reaper Bones figures. The only things you're missing, maybe, is skaven.

I think there were ratmen in Bones 2.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Yeah I think waves was an adequate solution to the problems they had with Bones 1, it's not perfect but neither are any of the alternatives.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

quote:

Hi there! We're shipping out your Kickstarter stuff!

You're getting:
Expansion Set 2 x1
Expansion Set 1 x1
Thank You Set x1
Master Series Paint Set 2 x1
Hill Giants x1
Water Elementals x1
Heroes and Villains x1
Oh, Rats! x1
Lords of Darkness x1
Narthrax Dragon x1
2013 Core Set x1

Your shipment was postmarked on 02-19-2015 and is being shipped UPS Ground.

Where the hell am I going to put all these things.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

I still haven't received any emails, so the question is will I ever?

Which wave are you? I was wave 4 US and i just got my email a couple hours ago.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Some of those look really good, I like the pink and green bear-man guy, and those giants look awesome.

I'd like a bones set that's focused more on the big monsters and stuff, at this point I've got more than enough adventurers and regular sized minis.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

Yeah, I really don't understand why they aren't going for more variety in the add-ons. They've got like, fifty loving almost identical dragons. If somebody din't get the first dragon, they aren't gonna get the second dragon. Or the third or the fourth or the seventeenth...

Because dragons sell. The guy who didn't buy that first dragon might not buy the 5th and 6th, but the guy who did buy the first one, very likely will buy the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th all the way to the seventeenth.
Goobers love dragons more than Cthulhu and tophats with sprockets on them.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Dragons also bring in a lot of non-gamer people. There are a surprising number of people who just collect dragon stuff. Dragons resonate with people, it's why they're part of the folklore in so many cultures.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I really like the armory additions they've added so far. somewhere I picked up a set of metal reaper swords and helmets that I've used to modify a couple of my bones minis and they turned out great, having actual rigid plastic weapons and such to add variety will be great.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

My Orcs could loot the hell outta that thing, but I'm not likely to ever play 40k again so I think I'll pass.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Also, WotC can't claim copyright on Tiamat, but neither can Reaper.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Bad Munki posted:

Concept art for boat golem looks rad.

Boat golem looks amazing, but it's going to be a pain in the rear end to pain... Oh wait who am I kidding, I'm never going to get around to painting it.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Dat hippo-man is da poo poo.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Yeah a lot of the big guys are a ton of fun to paint. The Earth Elemental from Bones 1 is one of my favorites

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

The update says these are "new sculpts" but I have both these guys already in bonesium.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

There's no rush on the pledge manager is there?

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

The Earth elemental is super fun

The pathfinder dragon that Invader mentioned is super cool.

The beholder, which I think they call an "eye beast" is fun.

In general the medium and large minis are consistently fun to paint.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I've been having great results with Vallejo Surface primer brushed onto bones. Right out of the bottle it goes on thin covers well and paint sticks to it great. Once painted I spray on some Testors clear coat and my bones are nearly indestructible afterwards.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

I also use vallejo surface primer, and unless I use the most sparing of touches, the paints rubs off the bumps and sharp edges like nobodies business, but only on Bones - don't have anywhere near the same problem on other minis.

Even after clearcoating? I've had paint rub off, but only on models that I didn't finish with a clear coat of some sort.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I've been trying to put a dent in my unpainted Bones 1 and 2 models before Bones 3 arrives.

25 down, 3005 to go...

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Peas and Rice posted:

Oh christ, what did I do?

Yeah, I just looked at my order... I thought I was making good progress in getting my current bones painted... one step forward 3005 back.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Oh poo poo, they're already shipping wave 3! I'm in wave 3! SO MANY TINY PLASTIC MANS COMING TO MY MAILBOX.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Got my shipping notification. IT"S HAPPENING.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I use Vallejo brush on surface primer, it's great and has never caused problems for me but I heard someone else say it caused a reaction for them between bones and the paint they used.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

My Brick of minis arrived last night. So many clear plastic weapons.

• Locked thread