Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Bad Munki posted:

I know what they're going to do for their final day boost, I've figured it out, I've beaten them at their own game.

Knight Forscale Included

Even better

Sir Forscale and Sgt Forscale, along with a single terrain covered display plinth where they can be locked in noble combat for eternity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

If anyone here in Australia wants to split shipping, I'm sitting on a wave 1 early bird that shipping is making me think twice about, a Bones buddy might help keep me in the program

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Looking at finalising my pledge by the end of the week; does anyone know if buying any extra bases is worth it or necessary? Planning to get base + 1 + 2 and maybe a couple stretch extras

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Captain Invictus posted:

Realize that Dreamforge Games was supposed to have the third wave shipped out last march I believe, and it hasn't even finished production in China yet at this point right now. The second wave arrived at my house like two months ago, eight months later or so. Count your blessings, it could be so much worse.

(I don't mind waiting longer for the DFG stuff since it's absurdly high quality)

At least they haven't set an optimistic December ship date, announce they'll beat that date by shipping in November the day after the KS ended, then after a huge amount of pressure in the comments over their complete lack of communication, outside of a weekly "it's 98% done" copy paste, finally admit at the end of November that they haven't even finished prototyping or rule writing yet and have lost their factory slot and won't get another one until February (which they may miss anyway if prototyping and rules still aren't finished) like Palladium :v:

This survey is an agony of I really want that, but do I really need it, it's only a few dollars more get it anyway

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Indolent Bastard posted:

I used Bones 2 to get some neat stuff that I'd like to try painting and nothing more; all in $54. :feelsgood:

I spent a bit more than that, but pretty much the same premise. Got the paints too, because even if they are ages away they're still way cheaper than i can get them or Vallejo here.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I never backed Bones I, but my Bones II is going to arrive same time as my Deadzone wave 2 and possible some Robotech oh jeebas what have I done :derp:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Since I wasn't in on I, have nothing remotely likely any of this already, and had the cash at the time I decided to be a little silly

Core set
Expansion 1
Expansion 2
Narthrax
Lords of Darkness
Mouslings
Kraken
Oh rats
Heros and Villains
Gelatinous Cube
Greater Demons
Water Elementals
Hill Giants
Demon Lords
Blightfang
Cinder
MSP 1
MSP 2
Verocithrax
Numenera
Mashaaf
Khanjira
Dragons don't share
Thank you

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

It's definitely CAV, not mechwarrior

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Bucnasti posted:

I think there were ratmen in Bones 2.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etP6_Ukj6AM

Holy gently caress did I buy that much what have I done? :psyduck:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Seems like the sort of thing, after the last one and all the warnings this time, you test on a production sample before greenlighting a run of 10,000

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Ravendas posted:

Is this some April Fools stuff? Because they haven't updated in almost two weeks, and the last update said they won't get the last of the boxes in until January.

Yeah I don't see any KS update either

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

It's finally happening I'm in wave 1 where am I going to put everything where am I going to put Khanjira and kraken and all the dragons oh poo poo :ohdear:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I haven't seen my home town, but I haven't seen every name either, and I'm in wave 1

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Day 3 and still no shipping notice :colbert:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Wave 1, international, no shipping notice, not cool

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I still haven't received a shipping notice :negative:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I'm trying to figure out if mine has been shipped but the email hasn't come, or if it just hasn't shipped, in which case I'd need to email them

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

ritorix posted:

It begins.

I'm starting with easy stuff. :colbert:

What is this thing? I can't find it anywhere on the KS page

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I still haven't received any emails, so the question is will I ever?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Bucnasti posted:

Which wave are you? I was wave 4 US and i just got my email a couple hours ago.

Wave 1 RoW, still nothing

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Captain Invictus posted:

It depends on what you're after, so long as you're willing to pay for the shipping costs, whatever they may be.

Just don't do this within 500 feet of a school

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Two figures meet in a dark alley, a flickering safety lamp on the wall the only light.

"Do you have the merchandise?" asks the first

"If you have the cash" replies the other.

They set their cases down on the boot of the car, cautious eyes never far from each other.

"The money we agreed on. Now show me the marchandise"

Lifting a bag and handing it over, "this is the real deal man, pure grade poo poo straight from the factory"

A glint in the orange light as a flick blade springs to life, cutting open the bag. He reaches in and extracts a sample, keen to test it himself quickly and be on his way.

A sniff. A lick. He puts the burrowing horror back in the bag, the bag in the case, folding his flick knife shut before reaching to put it back in his pocket.

Krushgroove draws a gun, the seller following just as quickly with his own

"You lying to me fool, this aint top grade poo poo"

"Bullshit man, that's A grade", Captain Invictus, a cold sweat on his face

"This poo poo aint bonesium, it's Chinese recast son"

The two men stand, in the alleyway, pistols aimed at each other, the two cases still open on the car.

The safety lamp flickers out.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

This is what happens when I don't get any emails with shipping notices or tracking numbers

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

quote:

Hi there! We're shipping out your Kickstarter stuff!

You're getting:
Thank You Set x1
Dragons Don't Share x1
Khanjira, the World Breaker x1
Troll Slayer Sophie x3
Expansion Set 2 x1
Mashaaf, Great Old One x1
Numenera Monsters x1
Master Series Paint Set 2 x1
Bag O' Bases Medium x1
Mister Bones x3
Bag O' Bases Small x3
Expansion Set 1 x1
Verocithrax Dragon x1
Master Series Paint Set x1
Cinder Dragon x1
Blightfang Dragon x1
Demon Lords x1
Hill Giants x1
Water Elementals x1
Greater Demons x1
Gelatinous Cube x1
Heroes and Villains x1
Oh, Rats! x1
Unleash the Kraken! x1
Mouslings x1
Lords of Darkness x1
Narthrax Dragon x1
2013 Core Set x1

Your shipment was postmarked on 02-20-2015 and is being shipped UPS Priority Mail Innovations.

:toot:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Captain Invictus posted:

Contents of boxes, with Hamster Forscale

How many worlds are you planning to break :stare:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Got my bones, they're all awesome, feelin good. Doing a parts inspection now, but the Kraken loving rocks. Plastic on the boat is kinda soft and bendy though, I guess that's how bonesium is meant to be?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

So is there an email address for packing errors? My silver dragon came with two left wings, and that's no way to form a political spectrum.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I think Narthrax is my favourite bones 2 Dragon

Gonna email about my Silver dragon wing today, it was the only error in my whole shipment

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Just remembered that my Goroloth came with a peg hole but no peg or stand, is that normal?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Kraken came with a base too, the big bit of ship, which is why I asked about the similarly aquatic Goroloth.

Also off hand all the demon lords and greater demons came with bases, as did the frog demon, minotaur, giant scorpion, plus all the dragon scenic bases.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Mar 3, 2015

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Slimnoid posted:

How tall is the Minotaur Lord, by the way? From the highest shoulder to foot, preferably, but how high the halberd would also be nice.

Wasn't the easiest thing to measure, but I make it 95mm from foot to the flat part on top of his shoulder (not the spikes or ring), and when held straight the halberd is 130mm

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I've painted 2 Bones from Bones 2, and I'm ready. Kinda. I hope it takes them a while do do the PM :ohdear:

Oh hey, I should cross post my oathed Hill Giants, painted and based for use in Kings of War

I'm pleased with how they turned out

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Bones 3 has been pushed back to 11am EST July 7, in order to make more sculpts in advance.

I for one welcome any and all delays

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jun 6, 2015

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I want that Dog

An Angry Bug posted:

Getting increasingly irritated with this company. The constant Kickstarters are eating up all their production capacity, to the point that my LGS's supplier hasn't been able to purchase any new Reaper stock for almost three months at this point. What's the point of expanding the company if you can't loving stock normal product?

The bones sent out for kickstarter rewards are entirely made in china, while I'm pretty sure metal minis are made in Reaper HQ, and retail bones are made in Reaper HQ with machines the kickstarter allowed them to buy. There should be no relation between the KS and stock levels.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jun 23, 2015

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

quote:

Bones 3 launches tomorrow!
We're going to be launching our Bones 3 Kickstarter Project tomorrow morning, Tuesday, July 7, at 10 AM Central Time, (-5 GDT).

Looking forward to seeing what they have this time, so far even though I only painted 2 minis from it, I've already got a use for something like 2/3 of the Bones 2 I impulse purchased :buddy:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

GaistHeidegger posted:

Aaaagh, it's still saying pledge processing after I jumped onto wave 1 right after the kickstarter opened up. If this thing freaks out and dumps it somehow I'm gonna be way bummed.

That's a lot of lizardfolk. :stare:

Same for me, when I finished pledging only 34 backers were done, but by the time it finished processing I was backer #1173 and nearly missed wave 1

Not that wave 1 means anything for international, going by my Bones 2 experience.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

JerryLee posted:

I wonder at what point they'd throw that onto the stretch goal radar. It's obviously a huge draw for a late push, but if they do it too late/at too high a price they might still not have enough to hit it.

Pretty sure not-Tiamat will be right at the end, like Khanjira and Dragons Don't Share were in Bones 2

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

For good measure,

quote:

Hi Folks, I’m very excited to announce Jake and I have been invited to create a special project which will be a part of the current Reaper Bones III Kickstarter. This will be a special 'guest spot' for a Victoria Miniatures piece, and will appear approximately half way through the campaign. This piece is being specifically designed with Bones in mind, it will be cast in grey PVC, not the usual Bones white.

I assure you I have no intention (or the cash) at this point, to retool the entire range in PVC. This project is currently a one off, that will give me the experience of working on project for metal tooling, and will expose Vic Minis to a whole new audience. It will be a good learning exercise, and I look forward to hearing customer feedback. It gives Jake and I the chance to make a big plastic kit without the usual risk and expense. Best of all Bones will enable us to offer if for an insanely cheap price if purchased as part of the KS. It will also be available after the KS from Vic Minis, and we have lots of resin add ons already in the works.

It’s still a work in progress so I'll be posting some more pics in the next few days.

Cheers, V

:snoop:

• Locked thread