Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

thespaceinvader posted:

The Owlbear is great.

:agreed:

There's also a good selection of Wizards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

The not-Tiamat is the main reason I pledged, no way I wasn't getting that.

Sure I could spend $60 on a bunch of other guys, but then I'd just have even more minis sitting around waiting to be painted instead of just 1...

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Just locked mine in. There's a few bits for friends but it's still gonna be a ton of Bonesium to wade through :)

2015 Core Set x1
Marthrangul x1
Frost Giant Warriors x2
Blackstar Corsairs x1
Mystic Circle x2
ShubNiggurath x1
Mythical Monsters x1
Goremaw x2
Ma'aldrakar, Dragon Tyrant x1
Dagon x1
Orcs x1
Ogres x1
Creepin' Lizards x1
StoneSkull Expansion x1
Mythos Expansion x1
Frost Giant King & Queen x1
Solar, Angel x1
Fire Giant Jailor x1
Fire Giant King & Queen x1
Fire Giant Warrior & Bodyguard x1
Graveyard Expansion x1

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I think 1% of Bones painted will be a tad optimistic for me :)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Welp that first picture alone has me convinced to back, that hut looks awesome.

I hope they leave the legs unattached (with plug & socket arrangement) so it can be used as normal scenery too without having to saw em off.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Talking of painting Bones, one down, hundreds to go (with Bones 3 hopefully turning up soonish too!)

Zark the Damned posted:

Autumnal Treeman. Jurnal for the orange and red leaves.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

On the other hand, I did order it, and I am not regretting it! Between that, Creature Caster and the Heresy dragon I picked up, looks like there's a whole lotta dragon for me this year!

Not that I've actually gotten around to Kaladrax or Wyrmgear from Bones 1 yet...

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Let's see now...
2015 Core Set ($100) x1
Marthrangul ($15) x1
Frost Giant Warriors ($10) x2
Blackstar Corsairs ($10) x1
Mystic Circle ($15) x2
ShubNiggurath ($15) x1
Mythical Monsters ($12) x1
Goremaw ($15) x2
Ma'aldrakar, Dragon Tyrant ($60) x1
Dagon ($20) x1
Frost Giant King & Queen ($12) x1
Solar, Angel ($5) x1
Fire Giant Jailor ($6) x1
Fire Giant King & Queen ($15) x1
Fire Giant Warrior & Bodyguard ($15) x1
Orcs ($6) x1
Ogres ($6) x1
Creepin' Lizards ($5) x1
StoneSkull Expansion ($50) x1
Mythos Expansion ($50) x1
Graveyard Expansion ($50) x1

To be fair a few of those are for other people who hopped on my pledge :)

Leperflesh posted:

I'm not gonna do another Bones kickstarter. Just... no.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I know the feeling... but I'm still waiting for my stuff for Bones 3 though (UK Wave 6). Hopefully 4 won't be as much of a shipping shitshow.

Really hope the legs on that hut are optional and can be easily plugged in/removed as it'd make a nice lil hut even without them.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Talking of which, there's some discussion in the KS Comments about Reaper managing to lose one of the UK Pallets. I guess my Bones are going to be delayed even further while they send a replacement :(

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I'm more curious to see whether they'll actually finish fulfilment on Bones 3 before Bones 4 finishes.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

In other news Reaper have finally pulled their finger out and started shipping UK Bones 3 orders again, got my shipping notice this morning.

Unfortunately some incompetent there has failed at transcribing my postcode from the Pledge Manager (seriously, they somehow failed at copy/pasting) so now I need to contact the courier and see if I can get it corrected before tomorrow...

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Yeah, I'm not really enthused by the big sets this time around. I may pick up the odd individual bit like the Baba Yaga hut (and maybe Baba Yaga herself if they part out the core set). I wasn't really interested in any of the 2nd one either so maybe it's like Star Trek films where only every other one is good.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Ashcans posted:

Not a bad idea, at least bonesium tends to correct itself when it gets in hot water.

:vince:

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

In better news my Bones 3 stuff arrived at long last! Not had chance to check in depth but all the bags and boxes seem to be present.

Quantum packaging has struck as Ma'aldrakar won't go back in her box after I couldn't resist opening it to test fit the parts.

Also Goremaw is freaking huge, I don't know if this is the same issue as the skeletal dragon from Bones 1 but it seems to be far bigger than the scale picture suggests.

Still undecided on Bones 4. There's still only a couple of bits that I like the look of and the employee debacle is putting me off.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Also the T-Rex

They're trying their hardest to pull me in!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

My UK shipping hasn't changed yet but I'll keep an eye on it. Suddenly switching AUS sucks, get it posted everywhere you can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Reaper posted an update in the comments - apparently the weird AU prices are dug to a bug in the system which can happen when their back end system fails to connect to their AU postage provider. They say to try again after a few hours and it should be resolved, and not to lock in your pledge when it's showing wonky shipping values.

quote:

Everyone worried about shipping - From time to time, AU Post takes their site down for maintenance. When they do this, our site cannot connect to their servers to retrieve rates, and thus defaults to US rates.
This fixes itself as soon as AU post comes back up.
Do not panic. This is certainly not ideal, but it is also not charging any of you actual money at these rates. Just hang on for a few hours and it's be fine.

• Locked thread