Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Also large packages go through UPS instead of USPS. For some reason UPS packages of wave 2 are going before USPS packages of wave 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Leperflesh posted:

I would strongly suspect this has everything to do with USPS's utterly garbage tracking system and not Reaper actually sending things out in the wrong order. I have had USPS shipments actually arrive at their destination before the tracking updated to show the package had been mailed at all.

UPS has had extremely good tracking with wireless real-time updating portable scanning devices throughout their US system at least since I worked there... in 1996. USPS added some sort of lovely not-really-working tracking some time I want to say maybe five years ago.

Really I've always had a nearly opposite issue. Specifically one compounded by USPS delivering on Saturday and UPS not doing so.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Making cthulhu different colors is always good. Bright yellows and reds have yielded really cool results in my experience.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Large than the GW bloodthirster, smaller than the Forgeworld one.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

NTRabbit posted:

Just remembered that my Goroloth came with a peg hole but no peg or stand, is that normal?

The bones version comes with no stand or base. The metal version does include them and they can be ordered as extra parts for about 7 bucks. I assume this is because no bones come with bases by default save oddly the cloaker.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Huh then I have no clue why the not-aboleth was baseless. The metal version absolutely comes with one.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

An Angry Bug posted:

Getting increasingly irritated with this company. The constant Kickstarters are eating up all their production capacity, to the point that my LGS's supplier hasn't been able to purchase any new Reaper stock for almost three months at this point. What's the point of expanding the company if you can't loving stock normal product?

Where do you live? Even out in the middle of bumblefuck midwest my LGS is able to keep a healthy stock of Bones 1 and 2 miniatures. Are you sure your supplier isn't one of those wierdos who is blackballing Reaper for having a kickstarter in the first place?

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

An Angry Bug posted:

In their home state of Texas, specifically Austin, the massive city capital that by all means should be one of their biggest focuses.

Given everything Leperflesh said I'm guessing it's the distributor for my area being less vindictive than the distributor for your area.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

They've just added orcs, yetis, savage worlds characters, and a set of PC minis to the core pledge.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

moths posted:

It's dumb. A wave six guy has to wait months for his one single figure if a problem holds up something in an unrelated a wave one order.

That's actually not true at all. Last time when wave 1 stuff to specific countries was giving them grief they just moved onto wave 2 until the issue was fixed.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

moths posted:

He's talking about international shipping problems holding up wave two.

I'm talking about production problems with a handful of models delaying everything because they didn't want to rustle any wave one jimmies.

E: IIRC it was figures in one of the core sets that needed redone. Everybody had to wait for them to get fixed and shipped out to wave one, even if your order didn't include the problem figures.

It pushed the whole timetable back a few weeks (or months?), when they could have just sent the affected order out later with a complimentary "whoops" bonus.

My bad, I forgot about the core set issue. Though I was pretty sure the reason for the delay was less being afraid of wave one people and more that the amount of reorganization work and increased shipping costs from getting some stuff shipped out ahead wouldn't be worth sending out the minority of packages without core.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Not sure if this is helping but the lady oni from bones 2 is apparently confirmed as a future stretch goal by the comments.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Not going to lie even though she is nude the Angel of Justice is one of less sexualized female minis from old Reaper, because her pose is straight up triumphant rather than passive/submissive.

Going along the living statue idea though you could easily give her the appearance of metallic skin, or use a wash to make it look like she's glowing some sort of otherworldly color.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

JerryLee posted:

Is there some reason they can't just call their not-tiamat... Tiamat? I know they have to make up dumb names for illithids or whatever but the name "Tiamat" didn't originate with D&D. Is it something dumb about how they can't call a five-headed dragon Tiamat specifically?

Tiamat as a five headed dragon with each head resembling an AD&D chromatic dragon type is grey enough to not risk it.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

From the chatter on the reaper boards they're just scaled up a bit to match 5th edition sizes.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

NTRabbit posted:

Maybe if they actually charged Americans $10 each for shipping instead of using the ROW backers to pay for all of the shipping then they wouldn't need to rip us off so outrageously
Bulk shipping within the US is actually way less than 10 dollars per person. The reason they don't bother charging US backers extra is probably because the processing fees and the man hours to set it up would be more than the shipping fees.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Bad Munki posted:

But then who will subsidize my shipping costs!
Reaper's desire to not pay for more in transaction fees than it'd cost to just ship the drat product.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

JerryLee posted:

I've legit found myself thinking in recent days that for all GW's sins they've not, so far as I know, actually doubled down on covering for an alt-right troll and that maybe some of their stuff would help me get back into wanting to paint again.

Then I remember they literally made bigger space marines so they could make all the people who'd already bought all the space marines buy all the space marines over again and also they still think a plastic character model is worth $30.
Don't you remember GW's CEO outing himself as a bigot in a letter to the share holders?

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

JerryLee posted:

I remember a lot of insanity from those letters but not that in particular. :stare:
Yeah he opened one by ranting about diversity movements and women being in the workforce.

Also there is the whole Stormcast Eternals being hella Nazi coded in AoS.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

No he isn't but he's still a highly paid advisor and thought that his collegues would share in his views. It'd be like if Reaper man's stuff was all in internal company memos and no one seemed to care. GW is bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

She made fun of a loser who wanted more boob heavy minis at one point.

I think that is literally the only personal anecdote I've ever heard about her.

• Locked thread