Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

As a total reaper KS newbie, what is the turn around time on this stuff? It looks like the ideal expenditure for practicing wacky painting techniques other than fine detail work, is that about right? Will an august conclusion give me something to paint in the winter, or will it be more of a project for summer 2016?

Also: is there a list somewhere of their different lines and how to prep them based on source? I've read the KS minis are mildly hydrophobic and don't take well to priming, but sources seem to suggest the retail stuff is different but also that reaper stuff sold in stores might end up being from the KS or some other nonsense.

I know I can go to google (sort of) but I trust the answers on this subforum way more than the nonsense out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Captain Invictus posted:

Wonder if they'll adjust their stretch goals accordingly?
they already did, they crunched a couple of them down around the million mark and changed the graphics a little

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

So is there any downside to pledging a $100 now and then adjusting my pledge with the manager in ... How long do we have on that? Like six months? Almost a year?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Bad Munki posted:

Okay fine you assholes, twist my arm, I'll get the drat tiamat. Maybe I can use it, and its box, as a foundation for a shed to store all the other boxes of unpainted minis.
Make some tears out of acrylic gel or whatever then build a shrine of unpainted minis with crying tiamat as the centrepiece.

Put it in your closet to loom over you whenever you go find shoes.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Forge father: Melty Cheese Squad

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Pretty Deadly more like Pretty Huge Racks

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1513061270/reaper-miniatures-bones-3-the-search-for-mr-bones/posts/1421486

I shall name mine Gunnshilda

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The one with the rider looked the sweetest?

I switched my pledge to all of the dragons and nothing else after some reconsideration. I'm kinda tempted to get a mystic circle though, it seems like it would be interesting wargaming terrain?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

Yeah I'm hosting a painting party to get the rest of my bones 1 & 2 punched out before part 3 arrives.
The latest comments on the KS seem to imply they're confident they'll ship it out "before the end of the year" so you might have time for a couple parties

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

It must be wonderful to have a birthday that floats between april and may.

This is the worst they've ever done on fulfillment, right? I mean I'm backing the next one for dragons either way, but it kinda shocks me they're this far off their estimates.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Got my box. I decided against getting a million little guys and went all dragons, and they look great. Much bigger than I expected.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I was in wave 5 and got mine last week.

The next KS will be june or july based on what they said?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

This is dumb, but I haven't painted poo poo in a year. Can I just slap Vallejo paint on primer on a dragon and go to town with it, after I've given it a good wash?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I really hope they don't try to put dragons in other sets or something for the whole KS. I was pretty happy with my 90% dragons box last time.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Clicked thinking there was some big update

Was not disappointed, drat.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

There's a pledge manager, I think, but you don't have to give them any more money than whichever tier you want. It's listed at the bottom anyway. You can figure it out in the manager later, unless it changed from last time.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I think the ghost pirates are just in the core set?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I feel like the core set was better this time, the addons generally worse and the expansions much worse. It really did feel like they ran out of stuff.

I'm ordering a little more than last time I think since I'm kicking myself for not ordering the terrain.

• Locked thread