Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

I got in on this, and paid $25us for the international shipping. That was way back when I thought I'd live abroad forever, but now I'm moving back to America within the next few months, so I changed the address to my American address. Emailed the Webmaster@reaper, asking if they could convert that $25us for shipping into random bones or something, but I haven't gotten a reply yet.

Anyone better I should email?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

They got back to me about my problem.

I changed my order from international to domestic, though I paid for international. I asked if they could just throw in some random bones or something to make up for the $25us, if it wouldn't be too hard. Kit said I could request anything to make up the $25, and they'd add it in. Awesome!

My order was something like Vampire + Mythos Monsters + Spider Centaurs + The Pair of Little Dragons + Extra Fire Elementals. I want something usable (not Kaladrax), and something that can't really be easily swapped out for what I have (Hydra), or things that you'd need a lot to really use (Mind Your Manors).

What should I get? Ugh!

Leaning towards Forces of Natures (big elementals for 15), and maybe the Undead Giant for 10, though I'm afraid he'll come all bendy as he's so thin in parts, or maybe some more Townsfolk and Golems...

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

JackMann posted:

Right, but his point is that you can get the Pathfinder Red for fifteen bucks once it hits stores, so he's only saving five bucks. On the other hand, he could save more by going for Cthulhu or something similar.

All good points, but I don't really have a need or want for a giant Cthulhu or a massive dragon like Kaladrax, so I passed on them.

I chose the Forces of Nature elementals, the big stone and plant creatures, and the Fire Giant King and Queen, just because I wanted some badass looking giants.

There were other things I wanted to buy as well, but that could wait until they are actually released for sale as bones.

So my whole order is:
Vampire x1 $100
TownsFolk x1 $5 (For the Hirst Arts inn stuff)
There Be Dragons x1 $15 (I have 0 dragon figures, these should be a nice, reasonably sized start)
Mythos Monsters x1 $10 (Little Cthulhu, Crawling Chaos and something else? Yes please)
Spider Centaurs x1 $10 (Driders? Awesome.)
Fire It Up! x1 $5 (More fire elementals, so I can have lots of fiery beasts at once)
+Forces of Nature
+Fire Giant King/Queen

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Now I'm incredibly glad I changed the shipping address from my current one outside of the US, to my parents' American address. At this rate, I might move back home before it arrives.

They even let me choose some other stuff to make up for the $25 international shipping charge.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

LumberingTroll posted:

Got my address check, cant wait for a big pile-o-plastic!

It was a mass email to basically everyone left in America and Canada. Don't get your hopes up yet.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Baby Sathanas posted:

I'm in the UK though and I got it. :confused:

I'm not an actual Reaper rep, so I don't have the exact info of where it was sent. I'm just on another board, and basically everyone from the US and Canda got the email, while those in other countries didn't get the email. So maybe it's a mass email to the next several thousand people on the list?

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

InternetJunky posted:

Someone out there is going to be the last to receive their order, I wonder who it will be.

(it's going to be me)

I was originally international, but then in April I emailed them asking to change the address to domestic, since I'm moving back to America. Kit at Reaper was nice and credited me with 25 bucks to tack stuff on, which I did.

They just posted on Facebook that all American shipments were sent out now. Mine hasn't been yet, so I'm either still stuck in the rest of world queue, or my shenanigans threw me to the back of the line.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

thespaceinvader posted:

If they fit, one idea you might want to consider is gluing four of them together in a square to make rat swarms :D

Pretty sure there are already some rat swarm tiles in the Vampire box?

If you wanted to make a ton, since swarm tiles are relatively low relief, you could get some 30 dollar RTV silicon (50% coupon makes them $15) at Hobby Lobby, make some molds, and cast as many as you wanted with some kind of dental plaster. I think as long as it's privately used you'd be fine legally, just don't go selling them.

I've been thinking of which pieces I might be able to do that to. I already use Hirst Arts molds to make dungeons and such, and have already made a few custom molds.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Bad Munki posted:

I got my replacement parts for the missing kickstarter bits. In fact, I got them twice, so now I have not only the extra fist I originally got instead of the head, but I also have an extra head too, and an extra sword/hand combo for the fire giant. It's probably my fault: I emailed them early on and told them what I needed, and then when they put the call out for missing parts, I emailed them again, this time with part numbers to be more explicit, since I didn't have them the first time. Strangely, though, I got two emails about them shipping the stuff, and they both had all the same identifiers, including the order number or whatever. I dunno, I doubt they want the two extra parts back, so I'll just accept it as good fortune.

Now to figure out what I can do with a fist, a head, and a sword that all have no body. Thinking about mounting the fist on the back of the head. Or just putting them all on flying bases. The sword would be cool as a summoned, floating weapon (it's a huge loving sword, like 12' long to scale) and the fist and head are roughly the size of a human torso. :getin:

A giant fist, painted up in ghostly/ethereal colors would be fun for the Bigby line of Bigby's ___ Hand spells.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Bad Munki posted:

My only question is about how big it is, because a lot of minis have tall swords sticking up and such.

Your other figures will be bones too, and easily bend inside~

Really though, a gelatinous cube is 10'x10'x10' historically in games, which in the normal scale would make it 2"x2"x2". Should fit over anything mansized easily, even heroically posed.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

JerryLee posted:

I'm considering getting the heroes and villains thing and clipping the bases off the bottom of the figures to use as basing fodder for special characters. Then you've still got the figures that you can put on normal bases. It seems like it might be a pretty competitive deal for $10 given that some places you'd pay that much straight up for 5-6 equivalent resin bases.

Those are removable bases. It says so in the update for it. They have their normal sized bases which 'click' into the huge ridiculous base. It's even easier than what you're saying.

Edit: Referring to these:

You can see the lines easily on the lower right, and upper left ones.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Leperflesh posted:

edit: woop hah beaten! This is what happens when I try to do work in between reaper bones updates.

More demons, ho hum. Not impressed by these. They're good sculpts, I guess, but I don't need them and $15 is too high anyway. Give me more giants.

I like how the demon on the right's wings are cutout pieces of paper, unless I'm seeing things.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Hah, you both put up the pictures, then both took them down. Let's see those demons again.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Well here's a screen shot I took from their video on the kickstarter page:

It looks like some kind of bones terrain is coming up sometime. That can't be just a ridiculous base for a dragon, as it has an interior. It looks like some kind of ruined circular tower, in multiple pieces(?)

I'm not too excited by it, because I already make my own terrain and dungeon tiles with foamcore, Hirst Arts and other stuff, but we'll see exactly what they've got in store eventually.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

I was hoping it would get to 1.086mil before work started for them in the morning. Was hoping for a double update overnight, but it doesn't look like it's going to hit that just yet.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Indolent Bastard posted:

These core expansion sets look really bad so far. I'm not paying 50% extra for stretch goals.

It's just one expansion so far, and it's not totally unlocked yet. There should be other expansions later, hopefully they get unlocked soon to encourage more spending.

But yeah, the one expansion so far isn't really interesting me much.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

PST posted:

I've still nor received my minis from the first kickstarter because of them loving up their rest of the world shipping and breaking international postage laws about declaration. It's entirely possible I won't get it at all (I probably will, but it's been 2 weeks since customs got an accurate valuation and I've still not heard anything from them). Reaper flatly refused to provide a true invoice which made it far harder to provide because it was split between the amazon payment and then the top up from their pledge manager.

Outside America I couldn't recommend this to anyone. If you're in the US though then it's going to be a good deal.

All the orders to Taiwan this year arrived without a problem. They even tell how they're going to declare the stuff this time in the FAQ.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Pierzak posted:

Not underdeclare large packages?

The FAQ says they're declaring whatever you pledged, minus shipping costs. Not sure how that's underdeclaring.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

neonchameleon posted:

Hmm... now do I want 5 or 10 more villiage rioters for a pitchfork and torch wielding mob?

Where are those at? I haven't seen those in this kickstarter.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Mimics get worse. There's a 'whole town' variety that just take the shape of all the various things you'd see in a village, they walk over to some bit of road, camp around it, and then eat whatever caravan comes through first. The young ones appear as sheds and outhouses, the middling ones are the huts and homes, and the ancients are the size of temples and towers.

http://www.lomion.de/cmm/mimihohu.php (Has pretty much every 2e monster ever.)

Here's the picture for that rat change:

Weird stuff. Also, that mage appears to be a very rat-like female.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

It looks like a weasel, specifically like the Jim Henson one from Emmit Otter's Jugband Christmas.

The dwarf in the klan hood and diaper is just plain weird though.

I was stressing the female part really.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Bad Munki posted:

That is a tall dragon. :stare:

*Takes dragon out of box*
*Dragon collapses under its own weight*

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Kerzoro posted:

Eh, its Bones. Just put it in a larger base and it should be fine.

... Can you honestly imagine trying to make something like Kaladrax in metal? @_@

What I mean is that dragon's legs and body are super skinny. I'm afraid he'll just bend in half from his own weight. Bones can be bendy in the thin parts.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

JackMann posted:

What's funny is that I've seen a lot of other companies use Sir Garrick for scale shots, mostly for terrain. Pretty sure Dwarven Forge used him. Maybe Hirst.

Pretty sure Hirst hasn't had a kickstarter, though some groups that use his molds have.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

gtrmp posted:

He's actually a little too big to be an aboleth, since this version of that mini is around 7 inches long to judge by the metal version.

2e aboleths are 20' long, from tail to snout, not counting the tentacles. If that mini is 4" body, with 2" of tentacles, that'd be about right.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Well since unlocking that an hour and a half ago or whatever, they've gone up $10k, which is their biggest boost in the past few days. Hope that momentum carries a bit.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

jammu posted:

I can't see that happening. People who pledge piecemeal, won't most likely to be interested in 2 random assortment of figures, instead of Main tier that they've already rejected.

They can still get the core set, it just costs them $101 dollars instead.

Thiswayliesmadness, if you're near the border, you could have it shipped to someone on the American side, drive over and pick it up!

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I think they're realizing that with this expansion being twice the size of the first and almost the size of the main. I wouldnt be surprised to at least see updates closer together going forward. They were just stuck with the gaps in the already announced goals.

This morning there was a span of time where the kickstarter actually lost money.

Yeah, it dropped 1.5k or 2k for like 30 minutes. Made this last stretch a real pain at the last minute.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Somebody's painted up Goroloth, on a 2" base. Thing is huuuuuuge

http://spielorjh.deviantart.com/art/Goroloth-105188898

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Or they just finally come out with the shipping calculator to let those on the fence know how much they'll have to pay. Or that might cause an exodus, either/or.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Pledges have gone up a lot this past day. People seem to be bumping their pledges now that the manager is out, and a lot of ROW are figuring out that it's not that expensive to ship really.

I'd still suggest ROW people to group up and split an order, to save on shipping. Instead of shipping 2 cores to 2 people for $40 each, they can get them shipped together for more like $60 together. The savings keep going up the more you order. Luckily mine this time are being sent to America, so no worries for me.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Imazul posted:

If we ignore Kaladrax which was just a stupidly good deal in Bones 1, I do not even own one dragon.

Assuming I want one, which of the ones offered right now is the best deals? I am getting the 50$ expansion so I get I will get the silver one in that.

Just wait two weeks, there will be some ridiculously huge things later on that will blow away whatever's show now.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

I guess Paizo and another game company are holding off until later to send out mass emails about this, until more stuff is unlocked so people will instantly go "omg" and jump in.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

I was just asking about the $1 pledge amounts for clarification:

@Reaperdude
A frequent question in here, with the $1 pledge, what can they tack onto that?
Core set for $100?
Just an expansion for $50?
Pieces of the core set, without the coreset itself?
All of the above?

@Ravendas - All and any of the Above. Likewise, the $100 level does not strictly speaking require you to get the $100 Core Set - you could choose to get $100 in Options, Extras, Expansions, etc. and ignore the Core Set as a whole.

So your pledge level, either $1 or $100, doesn't really mean anything but the minimum you can pledge. You can do whatever the hell you want with all that money pledged.

Edit: Trick!

Cores are all getting the new Mr. Bones from the pledge trail thing. Supposedly he'll be a $1 addon as well, not sure.

Ravendas fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Oct 14, 2013

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

JackMann posted:

C) You are correct, sir! It's a pretty decent deal, if less spectacular than the last Kickstarter. For the models themselves, I'm pretty fond of bonesium plastic. Detail is a little lighter than metal, but not as much as it appears at first glance. The plastic's slightly translucent, which means backscatter tends to make the detail look even softer than it is. Once you slap some paint on there (and you don't actually have to prime these), the detail's still mostly there. Probably less than you'd want for a display piece, or maybe your personal character, but more than enough for proxies in your armies or for mooks in D&D. It's great for models you want a lot of, or for really big models. Like, really big. Their biggest Bones model, Kaladrax, retails for seventy bucks. In metal, they estimate they'd need to charge around a grand for him. Most of the other big bones models are around twenty-five to forty bucks.

Note: Right now.

We're currently at half the funding of the previous kickstarter, with about 2/3 the number of models in the core set as before. Plus, the core set models are mostly bigger than the KS1's vampire pledge. The vampire box was full of kobolds and rats and other tiny things. This replaced them with gnolls and bugbears, which are 50% taller and a bit wider than men.

It's a great deal already, at like 65c per mini, and it's only going to get better. Plus, there's tons more options this time around already, with 12 more days left to unlock even more.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Bucnasti posted:

No mention of more Sci-Fi minis? That's a shame.

That's just some guy spamming his stupid list every 30 minutes, and a reaper guy said "Well, something or some things on that list will be in this kickstarter."

It's in no way an actual list of things to be made.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Baby Sathanas posted:

Stupid question, when I up my pledge, should I add on the shipping costs as part of my increased pledge?

Yep, that's why the calculator is there.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Indolent Bastard posted:

With all these separate expansions, I'm worried that we won't see the conclusion of #2 or #3 before the end of the KS.

Look at the negative Nancy here.

Edit: I guess the 3rd exp is going to be scifi stuff, not just all terrain. That means the 2nd exp might have some fantasy terrain bits mixed in. It's good they're separating these two out, and will encourage pledging. I know it's making me up mine.

Ravendas fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Oct 17, 2013

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

moths posted:

Is there going to be any more love for the core set? I'm thinking not since the justification on expansions was the finite amount of room in the box.

They said more was coming for the core set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Reaper just posted a video on Facebook:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXPxGcIL0gA

It's a closeup of some of the models. The kraken looks amazing, the gelatinous cube less so. Check out the last 2 seconds...

Edit: Someone got a better pic:

Ravendas fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Oct 18, 2013

• Locked thread