Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
SO there's a few of these models I want, but I definitely don't need the whole core set. Should I just drop a buck on the KS and then add what I want in fulfillment?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Gotta admit, I really want that gryphon. Their old gryphon sculpt wasn't half bad, but this one is a lot more dynamic.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

evenworse username posted:

Welp, pledge cancelled.

Thanks for the heads up.

loving yikes. I'm out. Nothing in this KS is so must have that it's worth doing business with them right now for me.

Bad Munki posted:

Welp, there's the hut. A soft little voice in my head is wondering if the hut coming out right now is entirely coincidental. I think it is just coincidence, but if they want to remind some of the people leaving over today's event about why they want in on this still, that's a strong card to play.

Nothing coincidental. They released it a full $120k below their pledge number for it to try and recover steam.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Aug 16, 2017

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Nah. Dude who apparently runs a chunk of Reaper's social media presence should know better than to post abhorrent poo poo where the public can see it. If he doesn't understand how to control his own content, then he's clearly not competent for that role.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Indolent Bastard posted:

Is there some source for this "If you hate fascists you are a communist" notion? Was "The Greatest Generation" all a bunch of Dirty Reds because they fought Hitler? I'm truly at a loss as to how the Durn Commies are the real problem.

Standard whataboutism. Link the opposition to the other big scary bad guy in the American psyche, Communism, and you can get a pass from people rationally considering if what you're saying makes any goddamn sense before accepting it.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Atlas Hugged posted:

I will probably buy Reaper miniatures in the future since they're the largest company that does what they do with consistent quality in the product, but I will treat them like I do any other corporate entity and buy at retail. I won't be participating in their community projects because the public face they showed wasn't one I want to engage with.

I prefer my game companies to be absentminded and harmlessly incompetent, not doing their best to sweep a Nazi sympathizer under the rug.

Yeah. Screw funding their kickstarter poo poo, if I really need one of their models I'll grab it at my FLGS and at least support them, because they don't have any shitbirds on staff and ran off the last guy running Whermacht 40k IG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

JerryLee posted:

I've legit found myself thinking in recent days that for all GW's sins they've not, so far as I know, actually doubled down on covering for an alt-right troll and that maybe some of their stuff would help me get back into wanting to paint again.

Then I remember they literally made bigger space marines so they could make all the people who'd already bought all the space marines buy all the space marines over again and also they still think a plastic character model is worth $30.

To be slightly more fair, they made bigger space marines because the new modernized sculpts are fuckin' baller, and don't replace the old line.

They probably will down the road, because they look so much loving better that it's ridiculous. Also, the crazy guy isn't CEO anymore, IIRC.

• Locked thread