Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The thing about last KS's Sophie was you could exchange each one for 25 dollars worth of other stuff. Frankly, I think it is insane they made that offer. With the Sophies I exchanged, I bought five more full Vampire sets instead. I think they shot themselves in the foot by putting that on the table at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeaahhhhhh, not a fan of Greys with human proportions and muscles. Meh.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

So, for fifty bucks we get:

5 angels
4 infantry
3 cavalry/shadow demons
2 tentacles/statues
And a Demon Minotaur Lord and Dracolisk in a pear treeeeeee~

LumberingTroll posted:

You guys crack me up every time, so offended by boobies on your figures.
If the dude is rocking it shirtless, why does the female barbarian have half her boobs covered instead of all or nothing? And it's less "oh no boobies" you boob, and more "can we at least have a woman barbarian built like a barbarian in a barbarian pose and not a loving sears catalog posture", I'd like the literal barbarian woman to be in a battle stance for once!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Azhais posted:

They've gone and added a Tarrasque

That

+

=

(or more accurately http://i.imgur.com/shp11qs.jpg )

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Bad Munki posted:

Not seeing a problem there...

Neither do I, don't know where you got that I had any problem whatsoever with that :v:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

They unveiled that thing they teased at the end of the video.

Pretty smart move to offer it in chunks, too.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
We're getting down to the wire Reaper, better hurry up and announce the Forscale Family addon to the core set!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah, didn't Cthulhu not actually make it in Bones 1, but they dropped it down to a goal that was already met so that people could buy it anyways?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Sefer posted:

Don't worry, it was almost certainly less than Captain Invictus spent.

Did you ever up it from a grand, Captain?

I dropped it to 400 since I blew through most of my savings during nearly two months of unpaid medical leave from work, and have until december 31st to make a list, check it twice, and rebuild my funds to get whatever with. Shouldn't be difficult, but that unpaid medical leave really sucked a lot of the financial wind out of my sails. Good ol' America. If you want some cheap Bones 1's, go for it goons~

Definitely buying a big pile of Terrasques though. Probably keep one or two, even, since god drat I love everything about that mini

Fix posted:

Aw dammit, I put enough in for the dragons don't share, but then left the house and missed out on the Thank You Pack. Looks like some dope poo poo in there.
Oh my loving god I completely forgot about that Gundam kit you wanted to buy a while back until I saw your avatar just now. A lot of stuff was happening at that time and I just completely forgot, sorry Fix! If you're still interested, I've still got it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Initially. :v:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Brilliant. That's just awesome.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Realize that Dreamforge Games was supposed to have the third wave shipped out last march I believe, and it hasn't even finished production in China yet at this point right now. The second wave arrived at my house like two months ago, eight months later or so. Count your blessings, it could be so much worse.

(I don't mind waiting longer for the DFG stuff since it's absurdly high quality)

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Bad Munki posted:

Pfffffft, you barely spent more than 4 times what I did, and I'm just in it for me.

Well, they limit you to 10 of any one thing, otherwise it'd be more. :v:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Kerzoro posted:

I.. uh... got one of every miniature. Again.

I may have problems.

quote:

Here's the stuff you ordered:
2013 Core Set x10
Dungeon Decor x4
Dragon Hatchlings x2
Under the Sea x2
Bag O' Bases Small x1
Bag O' Bases Medium x1
Bag O' Bases Large x1
Narthrax Dragon x1
Lords of Darkness x2
Mouslings x6
Unleash the Kraken! x10
Oh, Rats! x5
Heroes and Villains x2
Gelatinous Cube x1
Water Elementals x2
Hill Giants x2
Numenera Monsters x2
Mashaaf, Great Old One x10
Khanjira, the World Breaker x10
Dragons Don't Share x6
Cadirith x2
Expansion Set 1 x5
Expansion Set 2 x5

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

moths posted:

Are you going to parts out the expansion sets, or am I getting that Demon Minotaur somewhere else?

Not sure yet, gonna see what they're all like once in-hand.

Definitely keeping a couple Demon Minotaurs for myself though, that's for sure.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Kerzoro posted:

Don't you buy with the intention to resale most of that tho?
Yeah, but I also keep one of each(or two or three in the case of certain items, such as the Dungeon Critters or Mouslings) of most of it too.

Super Waffle posted:

I am so angry I'm just now finding out about all this. Is there gonna be a 3rd one? :(
If you are still interested in some of the first run's stuff, I've got most of it still and at pretty affordable prices, some that I found weren't as popular I'm selling at cost too.

Thinking of going for like 220-230 for the first Vampire Pledge plus shipping, I've still got three of those left. I need to remake my thread in SA-Mart.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I remade an SA-Mart thread for my Reaper(and other things) stuff. I also lowered some prices, added paints and carrying cases, among other items!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

moths posted:

Well, CAV is up.
These minis look like poo poo

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
You can use stand-ins of pretty much anything. Even human peasantry could work as stand-in Skaven.

I once saw someone midget-ize Space Marines and use them for counts-as Squats at my old gaming store hangout. It worked way better than you'd think, Squat Trikes were just shortened Marine Bikes, etc.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Bad Munki posted:

Floppity dragons what whaaaaaat
Girl you know my dragon stands upright, no extra tree supplements needed, ya dig

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
UUPS

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I do not envy the postman who has to deliver my order to my house through the five feet of snow currently on the ground. I don't know how big the boxes will be but hopefully he can make it down the walkway path.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

JackMann posted:

What did your final order end up being, again? I know it started off smaller than mine, but I know you eventually got the funds in.

EDIT: Never mind, I think I spotted yours earlier in the thread. Also, I think yours might have gotten pulled today.

I don't know if it's the larger order, but I pulled one today with 165 items. 10x of a lot of the dragons and stuff.

That was anomalously large though. The average #items in each wave is different, but the Wave 1 average is about 16 items.
[/quote]
I ordered 10 of a few things, like Khanjira and Dragons Don't Share, I believe.

Eagerly looking forward to it all! :getin:

Definitely keeping at least one Khanjira, I kinda wanna keep a second one and either convert it myself or have someone convert it into Giga Bowser. He's basically Bowser without a shell, really.

edit: the next Bones kickstarter had better include Sir Forscale as an add-on.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Leperflesh posted:

UPS has had extremely good tracking with wireless real-time updating portable scanning devices throughout their US system at least since I worked there... in 1996
I still work there, and they've updated'em since, there's these weird little black Matrix-esque-looking bluetooth hubs hanging around various spots in the building covered in various lengths of antennae going every which way and also blinking lights all over'em, which connect all the scanners to the central scanning room for near-instantaneous updating. They've even upgraded the scanners so that they automatically know what addresses go to what loads so you don't even need to read the labels(handy if they're hand-written by morons in pencil, which happens depressingly frequently), so your package will usually not get sent halfway across the country when it's just going one state over! Hooray!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oh I meant loaders in trucks, not sorters.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Bad Munki posted:

Oh, and my neighbor who was old as dirt and passed away this summer, so his son was selling his house? Well, it closes monday I was told, but nobody knew anything about the buyer...until I met him today, when he dropped off my reaper box. Seems nice. :)
That's a helluva introduction.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Those bands are super common in shipping hubs. There's usually a rule to not lift by the straps because they will basically slice your finger half off if they slip.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
There's a, um, big disparity between what I ordered and what's being shipped to me, unless they're doing separate shipments for certain items.

What I ordered

quote:

Here's the stuff you ordered:
2013 Core Set x10
Dungeon Decor x4
Dragon Hatchlings x2
Under the Sea x2
Bag O' Bases Small x1
Bag O' Bases Medium x1
Bag O' Bases Large x1
Narthrax Dragon x1
Lords of Darkness x2
Mouslings x6
Unleash the Kraken! x10
Oh, Rats! x5
Heroes and Villains x2
Gelatinous Cube x1
Water Elementals x2
Hill Giants x2
Numenera Monsters x2
Mashaaf, Great Old One x10
Khanjira, the World Breaker x10
Dragons Don't Share x6
Cadirith x2
Expansion Set 1 x5
Expansion Set 2 x5

What I just got an email saying is en route for

quote:

You're getting:
Expansion Set 2 x5
Expansion Set 1 x5
Cadirith x2
Dragons Don't Share x6
Numenera Monsters x2
Hill Giants x2
Water Elementals x2
Gelatinous Cube x1
Heroes and Villains x2
Unleash the Kraken! x10
Mouslings x6
Lords of Darkness x2
Narthrax Dragon x1
Bag O' Bases Large x1
Bag O' Bases Medium x1
Bag O' Bases Small x1
Under the Sea x2
Dragon Hatchlings x2
Dungeon Decor x4
2013 Core Set x10

Are Khanjira and Mashaaf parts of separate shipments later or something, or did they just forget to send them?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah, but you'd think there'd be a note that it wasn't everything, the way the email sounds it seems like they just forgot some stuff with no indication otherwise.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

quote:

Multiple Packages

37.50 lbs

:getin:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Bad Munki posted:

RIP Captain Invictus, crushed under an avalanche of white plastic

Oh...oh gently caress, I didn't click the dropdown menu. It's not 37.50lbs, that's only one of them

quote:

UPS Ground 34.30 LBS
UPS Ground 37.50 LBS
UPS Ground 17.60 LBS
UPS Ground 18.10 LBS
:pusheen:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Make him purple and white.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Kerzoro posted:

I received by box o' bones! Now I just... need to check that everything is correct. Weeeee.

The thing I dread most

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It depends on what you're after, so long as you're willing to pay for the shipping costs, whatever they may be.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Sure. Shoot me a pm or make a post in my samart thread for dota/legos/miniatures etc and once they're in hand we can talk. :)

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
They're out for delivery

:ohdear:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I hope you're sending a ham to your postal carrier's widow.
I'm staying awake to help the UPS guy when he gets here so he only has to make one trip. :v:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Greetings, James! Your packages have been delivered! Says ups dot com.

Delivery location: front door!

Except he didn't take them to the front door. no, he literally left them in a pile in the middle of the loving driveway, where anyone could just back in, load them up, and drive away without anyone the wiser. Better believe I'm filing a report when I get to work tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

LumberingTroll posted:

Order less poo poo next time, drat, think of the delivery guy. I mean sure its his job, but drat dude... that many packages of white plastic....

:ssh: I left a note on the door saying I would help him, and cleared the walkway entirely of snow for him. He never even went to the front door.

Educator posted:

Kill his family.
Way ahead of you!

• Locked thread