Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Indolent Bastard posted:

All I can say is more purple, less everything else please.

(Also, enough with the dragons already).

Seriously. There isn't $100 worth of stuff that I want and would pay $100 for in the core, and every update makes that look less likely to change. There's two other categories of stretch goal (expansion, add-on) and it's apparent that there's going to be at least one more expansion to siphon away from the $100 core.

Yeah it's how you make money, but it's also how you sell fewer core sets.

E: I realize it's early and it will get better. But come on guys, get better.

moths fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Oct 4, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Dropping to $1 and just getting some a la carte addons keeps looking better. Which isn't what I want to be doing in a Bones Kickstarter.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I'm more optimistic for Bones III than Bones II at this point. I'm actually hoping they cancel this and restructure, but it's already successful enough that it would be a foolish move.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I attribute the slow growth to front-loading the kickstarter. Most who wanted into Bones II jumped on early, and I imagine that many (like myself) put their max pledge in at that time. And there was a phenomenal first three days, but there's been little to coax people who're already "all in" into digging deeper.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Isn't that what's currently driving up the dollar amount? If I understand right, they haven't been picking up new backers with any real regularity.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Is there going to be any more love for the core set? I'm thinking not since the justification on expansions was the finite amount of room in the box.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I feel like the expansions did more harm than good. I also still get a laugh every time I read "to keep this simple, here's the terror threat index translated into buying miniatures."

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Just to make sure: I'm in for the $100 slot but I can de-select the lackluster core set and pick $100 worth of things I want, right?

Will I still get it in wave two?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I went through the pledge calculator and found $80 worth of bones that I wanted to trade for my core set.

Being unable to line-item stuff from the expansions is a real drag here.

These expansions packaged a lot of cool stuff with a lot of stuff I don't care about. If you could pick one free with your core, it would be a good deal. But now it's just two bundle deals I'm not exited about.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I realize I complain about the expansions, but there's 59 hours left and I count seven empty slots on the expansions. So even if people dump piles of money in these last days, that's seven wasted stretch goals I'm not eligible for and don't care about about. So unless some rad add-ons appear that I $100 want, I'm either dropping to $1 or waiting until retail.

And seriously - what's the point of fleshing out the expansions if their goals aren't met? Every expansion reveal now has a silent "*We were including this no matter what" because maybe the numbers look better if Reaper doesn't upgrade the Core.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

djfooboo posted:

What the Christ Reaper?

Half the fans wanted a chainmail bikini. The other half found that repugnant. This is a ...compromise? :downs:

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Ravendas posted:

They say you have to wait for retail.

Seriously, gently caress these expansions.

E: I obviously don't know what they'd kickstarter cost a la carte, but I estimate about $60 in stuff I'd want spread across $150 in expansions.

moths fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Oct 25, 2013

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Speaking of Kaladrax, I've been thinking of using his base for terrain - it just occured to me that I can probably get a whole table of terrain out of his remains.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

What Terrasque? All I see is a 1:1 scale baby Deathclaw.

(That I'm buying the hell out of.)

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Yeah between that and chopping up Kaladrax you could cover a 6 x 4 table.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Reaper really needs a subdivision that just makes Bones terrain. Nobody is putting out big stuff like the Dragons Don't Share ruins for less than $40, and that's a niche they can completely own.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I've been looking at this model thinking it couldn't possibly paint good, and now I want to build a Kings of War army around him.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

They must have taken quite a bath on the last one, since international backers only paid the pre-hike rate on it.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Stephenls posted:

Baphomet's loincloth still bothers me, since it's supposed to be thin hanging cloth but is obviously a big solid block of plastic; that said, it's enough of a badass sculpt that I sort of wish I'd sprung for Expansion Set 2.

Loincloths and loose robes almost always look better on painted models. And yeah, that's a nice-rear end minotaur god. I had less-than zero use for the other suff in that expansion set, but I'll probably end up dropping the better part of $50 on just him.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I also just finished that model and noticed that your tombstone looks different than mine. Did you file off the inscription and cut down the cross?

(Crosses always seemed too real-world for fantasy gaming, and I'd considered doing that myself.)

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Sure! Cross-posting from the Oath thread:

moths posted:

Oath Complete!

I'm thinking that 4x40mm bases ought to come standard with this guy.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Well, unless it was to remind the family that their loved one was tortured to death in a public execution.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Is there somewhere to look your order up? I'm not quite as patient.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I'm sad that I didn't get the demon minotaur, but I apparently made up for that by getting way too much other great stuff.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Are you going to parts out the expansion sets, or am I getting that Demon Minotaur somewhere else?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Mechwarrior or CAV?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Is it possible to get a Kaladrax base separately? It doesn't show in the store as a separate part.

e:vvv They'll have to bundle it with a rulebook or something - and then there's going to be A LOT of bendy gun barrels and wobbly robot legs. I don't have high hopes for this.

moths fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Aug 13, 2014

moths
Aug 25, 2004

It's not like I'm running short of stuff to catch up painting, but the inclusion of "Don't worry Wave One! You'll still get yours before those assholes!" was a little downer as I silently added a few months to the delay.

I understand people care A LOT about when other people get their toys, but come on guys. Use the extra time to assemble all the bundles minus the stuff you're doing over. Mail waves one and two at the same time. Maybe get three in there too.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I don't mind if it means putting Wave 1 closer to the back of the truck so they're unloaded first - I just got the vibe that they're going to sit on Wave 2 unitil Wave 1 is satisfied that they weren't the only ones delayed. Which needlessly pushes everybody else back too.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

More like artificially delay everyone from Wave 2+ because they don't want to deal with Wave 1 crying about it.

They could start assembling orders with what the majority of stuff, and be on wave 3 or so (minus the defective sculpts) by the time replacements arrive. At that point they could top off Wave 1, mail it, top off Wave 2, mail it, etc. There'd be no gap between waves, which means some Wave 2 would hit before Wave 1.

Or will they delay ~12,000 people's wait times just so 2,000 Early Birds get to feel smug about it?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Well, CAV is up.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

They did seem to thicken the barrels up a bit to avoid bendy-guns, but I can't see myself ever getting into CAV or having any use at all for these figures.

Much less dropping $100 on them. Or anyone else I know. What the gently caress are they thinking? These look like grocery store capsule toys.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

This waves thing is frustrating and dumb, since they could otherwise already be sending out orders that don't have the core stuff they're redoing.

It's absolutely increasing overall fulfillment time.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Yeah, I'd have just preferred a provision that the waves would be more of a suggestion susceptible to circumstance than the literal word of God that you'll get your stuff first.

Are they definitely hiring-on temporary packers for this? I had the impression everything was being assembled in-house by Reaper staff. If they'd just skip orders that included core sets (where the problem casts are) they could knock out the à la carte orders and side-bundles, and get everybody back to business-as-usual that much faster. Or assemble everything (minus the faulty casts) and get whatever subset of completed orders out the door in wave-order, only delaying the things that were actually delayed.

I'm admittedly salty about it because I didn't order the core set. My stuff is done, but stuck in limbo until an unrelated problem is resolved for a higher caste of backers.

e:

last update posted:

We are still waiting on revised prototypes of 6 models for approval, and as soon as that is done we will be able to schedule the final shipment and begin fulfillment! Production is 100% complete on all Options and Expansions, and everything is done for the Core Sets except those models.

moths fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Sep 14, 2014

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Wasn't a big part of Bones I to shift production to Texas?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

That's actually a great call - I don't believe we've seen any Warlord stuff in their Kickstarters, either.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I'm still irritated that my stuff has been ready for weeks (months?) since I didn't order any of the problem minis.

But oh no, it would be unfair to Wave 1 and they'd cry if I got anything first. gently caress waves.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Yeah, I'm Wave 2. It's literally the first slot that can get jammed up, and here I am. (I'm not really really mad about dumb plastic mans.)

The problem minis were listed in an update from two or three months ago. I forget which specific ones, but a handful needed resculpted to address some production issues.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Aw man, so I confused Narthrax for Verocythrax and ordered the wrong dragon. Which explains why I thought it should have been $15 instead of $12. But at least they're both cool dragons!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I'd say he's slightly larger, but I can post a side-by-side later tonight.

• Locked thread