Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I ordered a bunch of frost giants and yetti to see if they'd get here before Mantic finished their KoW army for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I went back and looked for my Wave 3, turns out it's Out For Delivery!

So many giants and yetti and wolves...

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Huh, Base Boss is shipping soon. Would have been nice to do the pledge manager, but looks like I'll be getting a dollar's worth of nothing in Wave 1 before everybody else.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Can I get some elaboration?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Weird, imgur only loaded the first image. I couldn't figure out what being in a band had to do with anything.

Thanks.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Come on you fuckers, I finally get into Wave One and now the Alt Right ruins this too.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I can totally see where you're coming from, but at the same time Reaper's kickstarter model functions on community goodwill.

He put his need to publicly troll the family of a Holocaust victim over the livelihood of every single one of his co-workers. And he did this at a time when the company's reputation is its product.

Like the Google guy, it's more indicative that this is a toxic employee. Both prioritized their own petty damage over the running of their businesses. They blasted diarrhea on the hands that fed them, and there's no shortage of talented people out there who can replace them both while also being respectful, decent human beings.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I think you mean to say the figures in some sets are only sold with the bundles.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

You can find Nazi shitbird anywhere if you flip over enough rocks, and that bothers me more than any one example.

It's like when racist poo poo from the 30s comes up and people say that it's a product of its time. Except now "its time" is now, and it's just as poo poo as it was then.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

More like "underwhelming-dark."

These optional expansions seem like a missed opportunity to package tightly themed bundles of similar figures. Skirmish / wargamers would eat that poo poo up in a heartbeat.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I'm really just looking at the big plastic Bloodthirster, zombie dragon, and cargo containers at this point. And I'm on the fence about all of them.

If they hadn't gone stupid, I'd have already upped just because I like(d) Reaper as a company.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Cargo containers are notoriously hard to come by for modern / near future scifi gaming. You can either pay out the nose for model railroad ones or try to track down the OOP AT-43 ones. Or people are doing them in MDF now, but those generally look kind of bad.

They make good LOS blocking terrain, and also add height to the table.

They're also great in that you can paint them with whatever logo you need to place them in your game's world. Like Wayne Enterprises for Batman, or Russian for Cold War Gone Hot, etc.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I saw people posting their wishlists but that has to be a coincidence. I mean, they wouldn't go into this with "Backers Choice" on the whiteboard, would they?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

That's unfortunate, but I'm sure someone is super happy about it.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

That fertility idol is awfully :stare: for a pg-13 kickstarter.

I really hate how ineffective "buy nothing" and voting with my dollar is. I still haven't bought into D&D Next after all their horrific bullshit, and I feel like it did exactly nothing to make this hobby a better place. And all calling Mearls out on Twitter did was got me sealioned and a hack attempt.

I mean, gently caress. Why can't someone in a position to actually do something actually do something?

I just want to buy some toy monsters and now I can't even do that without feeling like an rear end in a top hat.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Is there any huge "blow your socks off" capstone we just haven't seen yet? The fighting dragons are cool, but I haven't really seen anything groundbreaking and this ends tomorrow.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

The Perry brothers seem like really cool guys who are incredibly talented and living the life historic. They've worked on the Royal Armouries' Agincourt diorama and Peter Jackson's Gallipoli diorama.

They might be secret jerks or something, but if they are they've managed to hide it for 30+ years.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I haven't tried it yet, but shooting Vallejo polyurethane primer through an airbrush should eliminate the solvent interaction since there's no propellant.

Has anyone tried this yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Oh cool, I'll look into Stynylrez too.

• Locked thread