Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Welp, got my shipment the other day, I can answer any questions anyone who hasn't gotten theirs might have. Not sure why mine's already here when the friend that told me about the deal ordered his at least a week earlier and he's still received nothing.
I got a Vampire + for some reason just some giant orc that is a dupe and then more townsfolk, which are also a dupe. Durrr, maybe I was drunk when I sorted out my order.

Be prepared to open a lot of loving plastic bags. Practically everything is bagged individually. Also, put down the super glue because except for the giant wings on the giant griffin, everything is assembled.

Quality of sculpts seems to range from fair to good, nothing immediately stood out as mega-spectacular or atrociously bad. The plastic is really soft, though. Things like swords and other spindly bits seem to bend very easily, I wonder about paint cracking and the like once they are finished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Wait, does GW no longer use the pots with the little flip up lid with the kinda little lip thing at the top that I am not describing well at all?

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

JoshTheStampede posted:

Yes, the cases come with 6 foam trays.

6? Mine came with 2, which is all that would possibly fit.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

CaptainPete posted:

If you're only seeing two, check the top half of the case. My third tray didn't want to come out of there at first.

Derp, thanks!

CaptainPete posted:

I'll try the hot water/cold water trick tomorrow and let folks know how it works.

Can you be more specific? I have a few jacked up ones, too.

Bad Munki posted:

Yeah, I imagine that'll happen. If I got my order and it had a big error, honestly, I'd report it. Like, a dragon showed up that I didn't ask for, I'd be fair. I'm pretty sure they'd just say, "Lucky you!" but I'd feel better. If it were a small error, though, like a double-kobold bag or something? It'll cost them more to answer the phone than to just accept the extra grunt. :)

The paperwork in the box specifically says that if you got extra poo poo to just take it and enjoy it, they don't need to know.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Leperflesh posted:

On the other hand, I think we'll see a slowdown to more like $100k a day, while the gaps between stretch goals increase, so it'd entirely possible we'll see only three or four more additions to the core set by the last day; but then on the last day we should see a big push.

Bear in mind also that a lot of us are just camping to see where things end up, but will almost certainly be buying in to SOME degree toward the last few days.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
I wouldn't normally give a poo poo about expansion sets, but I would definitely buy a big pile of terrain/set bits like that.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

thiswayliesmadness posted:

Have to admit I was a little distracted by just how hairy that guys fingers are.

I was thinking "Oh hey, my fingers are about that hairy, and it doesn't look so bad in this video." And then you came and ruined it and gave me a complex.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

moths posted:

I feel like the expansions did more harm than good. I also still get a laugh every time I read "to keep this simple, here's the terror threat index translated into buying miniatures."

The expansions are kind of a terrible idea. It doesn't compel me to start pledging $$$ before the last day just to unlock things.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
So I can just ride my $1 pledge to the end and then tack on everything I want after the fact, right? I am confused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Hubis posted:

It's not quite the same type of modeled, epic terrain, but Dwarven Forge has started delivering their own kickstarter of Game Tiles made from some Bones-like ("Dwarvenite") semi-rubbery material that is remarkably affordable. I got my set this weekend, and I am completely thrilled with it.

http://www.dwarvenforge.com/products?page=shop.browse&category_id=14

Quoting myself from the Terrain Thread:

I just want to echo that this product is amazing. A friend of mine got like forty pounds of it and it's maybe my favorite RPG product ever made. Seriously amazing.

• Locked thread