Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Signal
Dec 10, 2005

JoshTheStampede posted:

Commenters on the kickstarter are treating this like its loving Benghazi.

Reapergate. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Still no email, but I should be soon!

quote:

Vampire x1 $100
Fire Giants x1 $10
Frost Giants x1 $10
Figure Case x1 $25
Clockwork Dragon x1 $15
Orcapocalypse x1 $25
Fire Giant Warriors x1 $10
Frost Wyrm x1 $10
Nethyrmaul x1 $25
Kaladrax Reborn x1 $10
Undead Horde x1 $10
Grave Danger x1 $5

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

TheLawinator posted:

So, what game do we play with all of these? It wouldn't be hard to stat em up in Song of Blades and Heroes, but are there any other skirmish games that can work with this kinda variety?

My suggestions:
Aetherverse
No Quarter (or No Limits)

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Iris of Ether posted:

Next month's Oath. :whatup:

JackMann posted:

"And lo, there came a great booming from the heavens, that quelled the hearts of normal men, but caused a great uplifting to Xenaphor and his band of heroes: 'Art thou ready to rock?' the booming demanded. They looked to their hearts, then up spake Xenaphor: 'We are ready to rock!' And they were, and it was good." --Verses 18-20, Chapter 14, the Book of Metal.

:allears:

Wanna read about this party.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

That's a bit harsh, but not untrue. I'm really hoping Reaper steps this up soon, I'm not quite as happy with the miniatures spread on this one. I'd really like to see some more SciFi stuff (even as a paid addon) as well as some models with a coherent design style. Some sort of city guard, or part of the Warlord line, or something like that. Would be great for people wanting to put together wargaming armies, or for roleplayers wanting some mooks that look like they belong together.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

I'm not sure it will matter though, unless they find some way to really get funds rolling in quickly. Right now the value for the whole package is good, but not earthshaking. I'm still not sure I'm going to keep my pledge.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Azhais posted:

Vallejo's Model Air, Liquid Gold, and some of the Model Color metallics are amazing

Fixed that for you.

Really not happy with the VGC metallics, they're way too 'glittery'

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

See, I'm loving that pack so far, but they're going to need to fill it up before I put any money towards it.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

I would happily throw some money at them for individual items, but I sure don't want to pay the full $50 for the few items I want.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

ritorix posted:

Does anyone have the $30 figure case? Is that worth getting for storing painted Bones or should I just keep them in a baggie or something? Where do people keep 200+ figs anyway?

I got one with Bones I, and was rather disappointed. I posted it in the painting thread a while ago, but here's a blog post on how I made my model storage cases.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

JerryLee posted:

Can't wait to paint this poo poo. :holy:

Bones aren't for painting, they're for storing in boxes.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Yeah, I've been making a conscious effort to start producing painted models at a steady rate. Still have way too much to go through, though.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Ah hell, put me in for $2.4m

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Doctor Borris posted:

What the... I don't even... eh??

He just wants to paint a model for someone.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Tragically I have missed my window. :'(

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Bad Munki posted:

The head's just a bit parallelogramish, looks like. The detail is all there, it's just squished one way. Looks like a conversion of one of their older sculpts.

Also, that upped my painted bones count by 8%! I think I'll put him.......riiiiiiiiiiight......HERE.

I'm glad I could contribute even a little to helping that wall of shame :D

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

For shame, people. All the cool kids already sent him their model.
:colbert:

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

This post is a reminder to myself, as well as a handful of other scofflaws, that we owe Bad Munki a painted miniature.

_Some_ of us were fine upstanding goons, and actually delivered. :|

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

I think it's like an inch, inch and a half. Definitely doable as an objective, although it will not fit on a 25mm base.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Hmm, maybe. When I get home I'll see if I can find mine

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Look at you people, making rational decisions.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Bad Munki posted:

I don't know why you think they're doing that. is it because my bill didn't have an additional "Shipping and Handling" line on the invoice? Why do you think that the cost of shipping just isn't rolled into the cost of, say, a core set? Say it costs $50 to make the core set, covering labor, materials, importing, etc. They add their markup of whatever % and say that brings it to $90. They make it $100 and just silently roll all that together. Now I pay $100, I don't pay an extra shipping fee, but your poo poo isn't subsidizing my poo poo. Your bill has the additional shipping charges line because yours is (ostensibly) whatever my shipping cost was PLUS what you see on that line. Do you really think that if you get something from amazon and it says "free shipping" that the shipping is actually free and not just incorporated into the price of the item?

I get that you're pissed about that huge charge on top of your original invoice, and reasonably so, that's pretty sizable and a bit ridiculous. But at the same time, you're making assumptions about the internal finances of Reaper that I'm pretty sure you have no actual data on.

This is a good and rational post.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

I was Wave 1 and still haven't received either a package or a shipping notice. Would it be worth contacting someone about that, or should I wait?

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Bad Munki posted:

I'd start by logging on to the bon3s pledge manager and making sure your shipping address and email address are accurate. Then I'd check your spam folder for anything from reaper.

Yeah, already verified all of that. Addresses line up, and nothing in my spam folder

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Hadn't quite sent an email, but just got my shipping notice! Guess I only had to complain to make it happen.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

What was the link for that order verification thing?

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Not the only one, just the most vocal one. Let's all relax and be internet-friends, okay?

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Ashcans posted:

Not a bad idea, at least bonesium tends to correct itself when it gets in hot water.

:slowclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Mines still better because I wasn't as late. :colbert:

(Nah, that's super awesome. Classy move)

• Locked thread