Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Sorely disappointed that Reaper has eschewed mythological accuracy in order to give these Amazons two breasts. :colbert: No thank you, sir!

The female heroes are not bad though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I don't think there is anything that I would share on my facebook for, but definitely not these dudes.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Glad they added the second expansion, although I am not sure its what I want. I would be pretty happy with everything in it, but it averages out about the same as Chronoscope (which is half 'gently caress yea' and half 'eh'). I guess I'll see what else lands in the new expansion.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

We'll see what the third one is then I guess. If its not dazzling I am sure that I can sink all my cash into addons easily enough.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I am pretty sure its those bundles of wheat tied together.

Ashcans fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Aug 14, 2017

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Reaper's Director of Operations is alt-right? Now we know why the ROW got hosed on shipping. :tinfoil:

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Yea, given that this has all blown up on them today I am ok giving them a few days to work out what they are doing. Removing the post is... not great, but I understand why they would do that, and the fact that they haven't otherwise tried to ignore the whole issue and have acknowledged it and the removal buys them some time.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

There are reports that they fired him, but he made this post just a couple hours ago:

quote:

feel I need to clear the air here....

First and foremost I have not been fired.

The appearance on my Facebook of Reaper being past employment was a terrible error on my part simply becuase I did not understand how editing that information on my page effected how it was displayed!

I have been employed at Reaper for over 15 years, if you can even call this relationship employment at this point; Reaper is family to me. Ed Pugh is like a brother I was not born with but I have grown to love literally as a brother. He has introduced me to people that way; my brother Matt. This does not mean that any one of Reaper's ownership or employees agrees with my opinions or anything I say. Like anyone we all have our own opinions and many times they differ. We are after all just people.

If it was not for Reaper and my fellow employees I have no idea what or where I would be in this world.

Everything that is going on here is a result of my poor judgement. The consequences should be mine to bear and I accept that.

Please stop blaming Reaper or damaging Reaper for my error.

Whatever reprimands I face I am in agreement with, whatever they may be.

I appreciate the support of those who want to help me and understand the concerns of those who want to harm me, but seriously, Reaper had nothing to do with my actions. I was not representing the company in any way.

I stand behind Reaper and my Reaper family no matter what happens here. A person could not ask for a better set of friends or a better work environment.

The way this is phrased makes me think that they are still trying to work out what to do about the whole thing ('whatever reprimands I face'). I can understand that, given that he's been there a long time its very likely that he is both important to the company and close to many of the people who are in charge of this now, and I realize that can be difficult. I am willing to see what they arrive at before making any final decision.

Although this does sort of raise the question as to whether he has just been a shithead for 15 years and they've been fine with that as long as he didn't call public attention to it. That isn't really comforting. But I don't know anything about the guy, and its possible that he's either much more discrete in person, or that he was playing up his views without realizing what a mistake that was. Or that he's recently gotten considerably worse, people shift views and this has been a pretty insane year.

Captain Invictus posted:

I could've sworn he had already been outed as a shithead like over a year ago. The facebook posts are extremely, openly damning, though.
Any more information on what this was? I don't know anything about this dude besides what's blown up now.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Bad Munki posted:

I want that pack turtle so bad.
I am sorely tempted between the packturtle and the pigcart.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Also worth noting that whatever pledge you select on the Kickstarter doesn't lock you in entirely, so if you pledge $100 for the core set, after the kickstarter is done and you are completing your pledge, you can distribute that to a bunch of add-ons instead.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Well, Bones 3 launched in July 2015. and US shipping was complete in June 2017 (geeze, was it really that long? drat). I believe that most of the elements of that are now going up for retail.

So getting in on the kickstarter only gets you your stuff slightly faster than retail (maybe not even much if you're outside the US). The main advantage is that you get it cheaper.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I don't think there has been any resolution at this point, unless Reaper just leaves it where it is as resolved.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

It's starting to look that way, yea. I was hoping they were taking time to work something out, but if there is nothing after the weekend I'm guessing that's it.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I didn't think they would straight out fire him, because yea he's been there ages and it's clear that its a close-knit group. I was hoping that they would do something more than just ditch the post and say 'wow that happened, sorry'. I don't require everyone who acts like an rear end in a top hat to lose their jobs over it, but there are a ton of things that Reaper could do to express genuine regret and, maybe more importantly, reflect that his opinions aren't a reflection of their own.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

NTRabbit posted:

Well, no regret and a sorry-not-sorry is a sorry-not-sorry more than they gave to everyone over the botched handling of Bones 3 shipping to everywhere that wasn't America

First they came for the Australians, and I did nothing because I am not Australian. :negative:

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Not a bad idea, at least bonesium tends to correct itself when it gets in hot water.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I would like to announce my retirement from posting, because clearly that was my peak.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

It does help, also that I already have a whole Lizardmen army.

Although I have to say it's galling to pass up on a dual-pistol wielding pterodactyl.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Yes, you can pledge for a dollar and then after the kickstarter is over there will be a period to finalize your order where you can add in additional money to buy stuff - this isn't ideal because it means that the money you are going to spend doesn't go to unlocking kickstarter rewards, but will still get you the things you want.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Yea, I am all for complaining about reaper, but their fertility idol is almost identical to the Woman of Willendorf, an actual artifact from around 22,000 BCE.

I mean, we don't actually know that object was a fertility idol, but it is an authentic ancient artifact and you'd be pretty hard pressed to find something more authentic to model a paleolithic statue on.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Goddammit reaper, that loving email raised my hopes for one glorious second but nope its just loving pillar tops.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

No, they didn't. He was trying to change his facebook profile and hosed it up, he has subsequently posted that he's still employed and is sorry that people caught him being a douche.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I guess they just threw in the weirdest and least compelling expansion so far. :shrug:

I am finding myself in the very weird position where I am put off Reaper and am probably going to end up sinking my spare cash into GW's new Necromunda release.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Guess I'm just going to buy stuff from Victoria Lamb now.

Please don't tell me she's a cannibal or something. :ohdear:

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Atlas Hugged posted:

Didn't someone ask her if she had ever seen a female form before not realizing that Victoria was her name and not just a company identity.

Yea, someone made a super patronizing post telling her she should send more time studying the female form to grasp its subtleties (more boobs) and her response was more or less 'I think I'm set, I own a mirror you dink.'

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I imagine that you would get some decent use out of it for games like Scrappers, This is Not a Test, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

It doesn't look well formed enough to be a cup. My guess would be an ingot of gold or something similar? Maybe jade?

• Locked thread