Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Fabricated posted:

Why do they care if this country takes over theirs anyway? I mean a society's a society kinda looks like. What's it to Fairy Tail if the management changes? Maybe the super badass militarized country could actually kill Zeref if they're so awesome? Why do we care again?

I'm pretty sure the answer to this is friendship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Zogundar posted:

Hmm

So the four kings are Plant Man, Wolf Man, Vampire Man, and..?

God Man.

Now I know how Sabertooth and/or the God Slayers will be tied into this.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

It's obviously a ploy to get people to buy the bluray version for the extra uncensored scenes.

Also, i'm putting in a preorder for the blurays.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Spiderdrake posted:

Personal Bets: McTits being the member of the twelve to join da tail 80%

Yeah, either that or it'll take the Flare route where her family/town is in trouble.

Also:

chumbler posted:

On the plus side, Ichiya.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

RatHat posted:

The dragons all had pretty rad designs.

:smith:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

:stare: Wow. Interest has been renewed.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

kohon posted:

I was also wondering why it didn't turn into glass. Not as flashy I guess.

Natsu hits the ground, sand flies everywhere(mainly off the rest of the guild), fire happens, glass sculpture of fairy tail's emblem appears with everyone standing. There, I made it flashy. All it needs is Lucy with torn clothes and it has all basic elements of a FT chapter.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

sharktamer posted:

Uh Gildartz duh.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Carlton Minter posted:

Also where in gods name is Guildarts in all of this? In my opinion he could hold his own against demons.

A top wizard in Alvarez, of course.

Also there's a new chapter, but its a setup for a series of setup chapters.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Gyges posted:

There are 4 things that the artist 110% gives a crap about.
  • Tittays
  • Dragons
  • Dat rear end
  • Things getting punched

Note that clothes aren't on this list. There is a reason for that.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Carlton Minter posted:

I mean all he can do is grow his body parts but look at Jura he can control earth/ rock. That's top ten material, but growing your body parts i don't think that really is.

:greencube:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Gyges posted:

Chapter Link

Yeah, that's pretty hosed up.

How do you contract the curse anyway? A certain level of power and love things too much you gets the curse, Zeref contagion, over use of Fairy Law?

I think its probably the penalty for using incomplete magic like Mavis did during Zero. Think Zeref said he did that too. The Fairy Law that the guild uses is the completed version. (i hope.)

e: Chapter 10 and 11 of Zero has Mavis using Law which is the incomplete version that Zeref used and maybe taught her. Fairy Law is the completed version that Mavis made without the curse penalty.

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Aug 31, 2015

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

That is one hell of an equivalent exchange.

Magic: "Hey! You're ageless! But in exchange..."
Cursed Fool: "I didn't even wan--"
Magic: "In exchange, everything around you will die if you love life!"
Cursed Fool: :sigh:

Kuroyama posted:

Called it?

Niiice. :golfclap:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

PFlats posted:

I have secret plan I've been saving.

I'm gonna punch him.

If it isn't broke...

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

TheKingofSprings posted:

Lucy and Migi sharing the same voice actress might have something to do with it

I forgot about that. :v: It all makes sense.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Looks like i'm watching the anime again.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

So if there is no point to naked, then that just leaves battle. That's good, right?

Right?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Rodyle posted:

Oh I guess Mashima didn't forget after all

Well, that came from out of nowhere. Naked battles always have the best reveals.

:smugmrgw:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Gyges posted:

Well, they did go out of their way to point out that they're not even friends. How can you hope to beat Fairy Tail if you don't have the power of friendship?

This will eventually be like the four fiends of the elements on FF4, won't it?

Like Fairy Tail wrecks half of the twelve and the rest will be like: "This nakama thing isn't half bad let's do that."

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

TriffTshngo posted:

If Quatro Puppy dies I'm boycotting.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

UWHHHHHHHAAAAAAAmeeeeeen

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

No, you see, villains actually do it while heroes just talk about it. Also those aren't shackles those are the Bonds of Friendship.

:greenangel:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Gildarts vs God Serena

Him taking on the former number one in Fiore makes sense. That or Brandish messes with Cana and he saves her.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

tsob posted:

This for instance is probably the funniest thing I've seen all week and the entire chapter is worth it for this alone.

This is pretty much the best non-Ichiya frame ever.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

It's difficult to do a shonen manga without constant threat escalation and power creep, but if he could dial it back a bit I wouldn't mind seeing stories of other guilds and general magic fights and hi-jinx.

Or double down and go full tilt like Toriko.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

We are all Jellal.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Spiderdrake posted:

The only thing you'll get from Mashima is a giant butt to hide the plothole with.

When will baps discrimination end? :sigh:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Kuroyama posted:

466 is out on Crunchyroll, and I can't say I saw that ending coming. :stare:

Edit: Apparently someone at Crunchyroll forgot that this week is Kodansha's off week for Christmas or something, cause it's down now.

Doesn't Fairy Tail march to the beat of its own holiday drum? I want to say there were weeks where I only read FT and nothing else.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

All of these spoiler blocks and discussion about what's worse have me legit worried to read the next chapter.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Fairy Tail Manga Thread 4: Choking etiquette 101

Mulderman posted:

Seriously, stop trying to make this way more creepier then it actually is.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

sharktamer posted:

Goons being mad at no one dying in a children's comic in 3...2...1...

I was promised an erotic choke-out by goons itt. :colbert: I can't help be a little mad that Brandish is okay.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I Love Annie May posted:

That first panel has to be one of the funniest I've ever read in a manga :allears:

Nice new thread title.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Silver2195 posted:

Aquarius is still an rear end in a top hat, I see.

Fairy Tail has always been pretty bad about the easily forgiven thing, but Brandish strikes me as an especially bad case. She hated Lucy for something that wasn't remotely Lucy's fault, forcing Lucy to get in the bath with her was super creepy, she treated her subordinate like crap for pretty much no apparent reason, and she worked for Zeref. Yet now she and Lucy are best friends?

Forgiveness creep in fairy tail is like power creep in toriko. There is no stopping that runaway train.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

It really is.
Gajeel and Levy are actually cute together and capable of communication, which puts them leagues ahead of every other Fairy Tail romance except I guess maybe the two side characters who are married and have a kid together.

I actually watched the anime which just ended the Tartaros arc. One of the last episodes had Gajeel singing about Levy. It was real cute.

Shoo bee do bop. :3:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Say Nothing posted:

Spoiler: Woman loses clothes, gets embarrassed about it.

This chapter a woman gets clothes! :aaaaa:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

chumbler posted:

Hey now!

Sometimes it's the female heroes doing it, too.

This fairness is why this manga is a step ahead of the rest. Mashima doing things right.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

EvilTaytoMan posted:

No one ever remembers Simon. :smith:

Who? :confused:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

That's what I thought too. Mercury from his blood i'm assuming.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Why is the land conquered by evil people in despair? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

:lol: at Wendy being the placebo third origin.

• Locked thread