Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
I really liked the fact that there was very little delay between getting ready and the invasion. There wasn't any drawn out bullshit before the 12 ultra dudes come out. Natsu vs Zeref was cool but I really wanted more damage to Zeref (even if he was to heal himself later on), Natsu was channeling Might Gai.

Things went to poo poo as soon as Lucy was the centre of attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Fabricated posted:

Poor Makarov, he just wants to retire but he can't escape the neverending hell of being the guild master of a bunch of destructive retards.
haha this is unbelievably true. The curse of Fairy Tail is everyone that joins turns into a lunatic of some form.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Someone remind me who the hell she is? I swear she came out of nowhere and somehow has wind power?

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Gyges posted:

Please don't have the resurrected souls overcome the magic and turn on the wizard dude. Oh god, he's gonna summon a dragon or something and get hosed up. Maybe that demon thingy that Grey tried to kill.
This would actually be hilarious, if he summons a dragon who turns around and utterly annihilates him in a single attack.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Silver2195 posted:

Gildartz collapsed after sending Bluenote flying, though. So they were still roughly equals.

Presumably Natsu became roughly equal to Tenrou arc Gildartz/Bluenote when he got Second Origin, and surpassed that level overwhelmingly during the two-year time skip.
Gheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyy. Did everyone forget that the town rearranged itself because gildartz was so strong he would accidentally demolish whole buildings by touching them? He was meant to be ultra strong yet we never got to experience his love. Gheeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyy

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Is that a C-section scar?

Guess that's proof enough she's Ezra's mother!

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Death reaper spread was pretty cool! I really like his design. But Eileens design is just a mishmash of crap, wtf is with her massive hat? Also I guess when you get super strong you must carry a staff or something.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

TriffTshngo posted:

Sorano, the girl who randomly showed up at the end of last chapter, was formerly Angel of Oracion Seis, the guild with Cobra and Racer and all those weirdos. She was a summoner who fought Lucy. At some point she and the others were busted out of magic jail by Jellal and joined his guild I guess? The younger sister is Yukino, from Sabertooth. She was the one in the Grand Magic Games they kicked out of the guild for losing and then it was revealed she was a double agent working for the kingdom that arc took place in. She joined back up after Sting took over. I remember most of this only because I watched the first run of the anime, which ended about 2/3 through the Grand Magic Games, so I guess that made it stick in my memory better. Also I liked the Oracion Seis arc quite a bit so that helps I guess.
Thank gently caress you remember because I was wtfing the last 5 pages. Brandish has a sister?

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

EvilTaytoMan posted:

No she doesn't.
Brandish has a sister = what I was thinking because Sorano looked like brandish. I was confused.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Did I miss something... when did Lucy start acquiring the powers of her keys? She's pretty much Ezra now...

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Kuroyama posted:

I know Gray and Natsu are supposed to have a big, supposedly emotional fight, but I want them to talk and realize that the real threat's Zeref and team up to take him down. Actually, not even that. I want Gray to have a giant rant and realize the real target's Zeref.

:supaburn: Gray, move. I must kill Zeref.
:chillout: Natsu, I have to kill you, because you're E.N.D., the greatest of Zeref's demons.
:supaburn: I won't let you stop me.
:chillout: Natsu, you don't understand. One of Zeref's demons killed my parent's. My magic teacher, who was like a second mother to me, died taking down that demon of Zeref's. I'd say what? 85-90% of the enemies we've fought in the past few years had some connection to Zeref.
:supaburn: Wasn't it your fault your teacher died?
:chillout: Don't interrupt me. A bunch of Zeref's demons wrecked our guild hall. One them turned my dad into his zombie slave. And now? Zeref's army has invaded our home, wrecked everything, and one of Zeref's servants killed the woman I love. ALRIGHT, FINE! I'LL ADMIT IT! I LOVE JUVIA! I mean, we wouldn't have had all 400 children she wanted, but I could've seen myself starting a family with her. But that's not gonna happen, because of fuckstick back there. And now I have to kill one of my best friends, because he's Zeref's strongest demon. Now that I think about it, I realize that I said Zeref a lot there. I'm starting to think he's the real enemy. COME ON NATSU! WE'RE GONNA GO KILL ZEREF!
:supaburn: But aren't we gonna have a big fight because we have conflicting goals?
:chillout: Not anymore! We both want Zeref dead. Let's go kill him.
If only.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
The first setting a hologram to play as soon as the red witch started talking is pretty cool

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
:cry: I really like Makarov.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Don't tell me this is another multiverse bullshit I thought we had left that poo poo behind us.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
I like the idea of clones but this is shounen so it's going to be Piccolo story here. Maybe someone or something split them apart to separate the evil from good, or the mage from the warrior. Anything but the dumb other world

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Hahahah, is jesus giving his mum an organism?

The gently caress am I reading.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
I am extremely surprised that Mashima has not done any hentai before drawing/writing Fairy Tail.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

RatHat posted:

I can only assume you know that because you were searching for it.

Looked up what he has written on wikipedia.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Ytlaya posted:

So I haven't read Fairy Tail in over a year and decided to pop into this thread and check out the latest chapter. Am I correct in thinking that this recent bad guy seems to have the magical ability to make people experience sexual pleasure?
Correct, he gave his mom an organism.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Crazyeyes posted:

Eileen's scar could be a c-section scar if the person doing the drawing had piss poor knowledge of female anatomy. Seems possible in this case.
haha I called this ages ago when she showed up. This is how predictable FT is.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

he lives in a world where 7/10 people are sexy ladies who get naked at every opportunity. even before the manga started natsu had countless adventures where he broke stuff and presumably met nude bombshells.

Not only that, he is probably Gay for Grey

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
I don't understand why she hates her body so much. Because she can't feel anymore? Ok, what's wrong with your dragon body then? Thought you loved dragons.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
His majesty is doing this for the sake of humanity because darkness is coming.... now lets see how you react when I kill your child in front of you.

loving fairy tail

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
I think it's a plot point that is coming up....... probably not, it's just useless filler.

btw this is a great panel:

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
You know what I'm confused about, how the gently caress did Mavis give birth to this child? Wasn't she in stasis for many many years? I don't even remember the chapter about her...

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Crazyeyes posted:

I wish August had evaporated my blood.

He was the cool character. Shame he was also apparently a mamma's boy.

That was loving strange. I was at least expecting SOMETHING, like a reunion of sorts. Some crying and eventual self destruction but wtf was that.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Hate-Senpai posted:

August was the fuse, his magic was the dynamite and gunpowder part, and he was gonna blow up the whole place but when he saw Mavis he ditched the dynamite and the fuse burnt out.
Ahhhh thanks for this. I completely missed this. I assumed he was just casting the ultimate death spell.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
"Flame of his wild emotions".

What a loving dumb line.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
I enjoyed that last chapter. Most epilogues are terrible but this one was great. It's nice to think the gang is still adventuring to this day on their 100 year quest.

Everything before the last chapter was terrible but I did enjoy the long time running gag of dragon slayers being sick on vehicles actually becoming important and somewhat useful.

Can't believe it lasted 545 chapters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
I kinda assumed they weren't reborn but rather apparitions like how the First could only be seen by the guild.

Or something. I don't know it's fairy tail.

• Locked thread