Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Well, at least Fairy Tail's "Just As I Planed" bad guy is transparently spinning bullshit. Could have done without one though.

PFlats posted:

New Chapter: http://readms.com/r/fairy_tail/349/2033/1

Rufus is known as "The Minstrel who Sings at the Red Moon". I'm sure that comes up a lot in conversation. "Hey, here comes The Minstrel who Sings at the Red Moon." "Oh, thank god, The Minstrel who Sings at the Red Moon owes me a drink after last time."

The Minstrel who Sings at the Red Moon is just doing lovely covers of the Minstrel who Sings at the Blue Moon anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Well, at least we're expanding Lucy's character beyond boob jokes. Unless you count unboob jokes as boob jokes, in which case it's steady as she goes.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
If I remember correctly, Acnologia was a dragon slayer who killed so many dragons that he became a dragon. I believe that Zeref showed up later doing his world spanning evil thing. The island arc seemed to hint that Zeref was actually sort of kind of good in that he was looking for a way to kill Acnologia and was the lesser of the two evils. I mean an evil tyrant is probably better than a civilization crushing natural disaster.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
All the exceeds can die in a fire. The only ones worth a drat are Tiger Lilly and Happy.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Chapter 352 is up.

I like this. Fire bros.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Calling it now based on this chapter alone: That guy is Gray's dad and Gray also has Demon-Slayer magic, because how else is he gonna get Shonen Power-UpsTM?

Eat ice, duh.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Suspicious Lump posted:

I don't get why a Demon Slayer is a vile and terrible man? Sounds like he was mistaken when he froze the village.

Also loved the little twist but I odnt understand why the fire was Atlas or what the magic that brought him back was?

Dragon Slayers are pretty cool with dragons, at least every one we've met so far. Really, they should probably just be called dragon mages. Of course on the other hand all the God Slayers learned what they know from old books and poo poo, so it could go either way.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Eh, I just figured she was a blank slate instead of an innocent soul. Monster isn't monster when you are told it's normal. And one can say that she was happy making the guild look good/not beat her rather than enjoying the act itself. After the leader is gone, she reverts to lost again. Overthinking things 101. :eng101:

Doesn't work when you're tormenting someone who can't fight back because you're holding a baby hostage. Especially when you appear to be deriving intense pleasure from the act. Also she was super hating on Lucy from the moment they met.

Now if Raven Tail were actually behind freezing the village and sold Flare on the idea that it was actually Fairy Tail who did it, masterminded by Lucy, then it at least makes some modicum of sense. As it is, she turns from a the voices in her head tell her to kill, unprovoked psychopath to nice new kid trying to make friends on a dime.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Impressive. That was actually approaching History's Strongest Disciple levels.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

international owl day posted:

I like to think Kenichi tries to balance things out with an equal share of man-service.

That's just silly. Men don't wear tissue paper clothes. Though they do always bring tickets to the gun show.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
This would have more impact if they weren't such dicks 99% of the time. I know they killed the one "good" council member in person, but given the rest of the council I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't actually the head of Tartarus.

attackbunny posted:

Does this chapter increase or decrease the chances that Silver is Gray Senior?

Severely decreases, with an odd probability distribution that means if he is then Gray immediately gets a power up.

My completely uninformed guess is: The demon killed Gray's father and took his skin for his human form.

Gyges fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Oct 18, 2013

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I admit, I thought he'd grown a beard for minute.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

milktwice posted:

Why doesn't Laxus just cheat and use Fairy Law off the bat?

No one is ever allowed to use ultimate techniques without first exhausting all lesser techniques and positing at least 3 pages of dialog. MacArthur slipped wording to that effect into the Japanese constitution when he rewrote it.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Zogundar posted:

Considering the other guy just soloed the rescue team from a couple/few arcs ago, I don't see how a top or near top tier like Laxus can go down that easily without leaving the majority of the core cast as effective as useless side characters in the coming battles (Unless they do a training arc/get powerups/find some silver weapons.)
Although "Demon Dragon Slayer Magic" has a nice ring to it, maybe Natsu can steal that.

No, he does ice. Natsu can't eat ice. Unless it's creamed or shaved.

gently caress it. Lucy calls out Cancer, he cuts up the ice, Happy pulls out some flavoring he happens to have in his backpack, and Natsu eats the world's largest magic snow cone in order to power up. Fist of the Absolute Zero Fire Dragon.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Man, I just realized how scarface survived last chapter. Probably used his memory magic to either make Jackal think he was already dead or not part of the council.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
You know, if Tartarus Gate is going after former council members too that means it's time for another Jellal appearance. Dude must have the best contract lawyer of any side character.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Man, Freed looks a lot like Erza. I never realized it until I was wondering why Erza was laying on a sick bed with the others.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

tsob posted:

I'm just looking forward to seeing Laxus' new anti-magic particle lightning dragon powers once we recovers. Also, was that a string of sausages that Ever was using as a whip?

Natsu eats Etherion, Laxus eats anti-Etherion. Gajeel needs to catch up and find some crazy magic/anti-magic to eat.

As to the question; yes, yes it was.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Rodyle posted:

I think the mileage for Everyone is Gerard jokes has been well and truly spent.

Jellal parachute account spotted.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Tulipomania rears its head once again, and Fairy Tail is our only hope.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
You know, it keeps coming up when Fairy Tail members fight about how this is what a Fairy Tail fight is like. At the climax, after the Fairy Tail member gets kicked around for awhile and comes back because FRIENDSHIP or if they so off an insane amount of power it makes sense for bystanders and opponents to comment on how Whoah Fairy Tail is. But just as often people make the comment when the fight is proceeding exactly like any other mage fight. No one comments, "So this is what a Quatro Puppy member fight is like" when they hit back. Hell in this fight Natsu wasn't even the one causing collateral damage.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Zogundar posted:

So, who will step up to the plate to defeat him? I don't think either Wendy or Lucy ever punch anyone. Some of Lucy's summons are melee and oh god why do I feel like I'm picking party members for an RPG boss fight :cripes:

Look at this Rube. Natsu is obviously still at bat.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
At worst, Lucy has to delay the guy just lone enough for Wendy to toss enough healing into Natsu for him to get back up. With Happy and Carla there's an evac for the ex-council member and his granddaughter. Most likely result though is Natsu just getting back up, perhaps taking a full chapter to do so. Which gives Jackal just enough time to make Lucy's cloths explode or something.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

attackbunny posted:

I do like the prospect of Jackal and Natsu both getting baked, though. gently caress all these explosions, man, who even wants to be dealing with that poo poo? You got any Doritos?[/spoiler]

Natsu's hair is already beginning to dread.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Exploding Lightning Fire Dragon's Roar?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
It does look like this will be a reoccurring thing when fighting Tartarus. Gajeel will just Iron Dragon's Drive the guy he faces off against and they'll self destruct off in the distance as he looks on with his hand shielding his eyes to gauge the distance.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Could Silver be Ur's husband? I honestly don't remember if we saw anything of him, but their daughter turned into a real class act under his care.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Bisse posted:

Interesting how noone mentioned tentacle rape :cthulhu:

gently caress this manga.

Because there was none. We just had titillating torture, that's a few rungs further up the gently caress This Manga ladder than the simple existence of a monster with tentacles.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
So is this the one story where everyone but Lucy gets stripped? Taking a man's scarf is just low.

So is anyone else expecting Natsu's scarf to turn out to be a power limiter now? Though the continued trampling of the noble concept of friendship may simply be enough of a power up.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
New wild theory, Ice Demon guy is actually Future Grey.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
You're really over/under thinking the "E" part. It could be Edolas, Earthland, Exceed, some other country in either Earthland or Edolas that begins with E, or a new dimension that also starts with E. There's also the high likelyhood it's another Jellal.

Perhaps E.N.D. stands for Eternal Nihilist Drama

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Serious Frolicking posted:

Only one of the demons has memory problems. The rest probably remember the person who founded their guild.

This is a world where Jellal convinced everyone that he was totally not Jellal but another magic dude who just happened to look exactly like Jellal. Also at the same time there was another Jellal running around also claiming not to be Jellal, though at least he was honest since he was just alternate dimension Jellal.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

SgtSteel91 posted:

My guess is that soul absorber guy took the tree guy's soul

So he super double hosed with the Guild then? Dude's pretty hosed.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Oben posted:

There's also a new proper chapter: http://readms.com/r/fairy_tail/376/2298/1

Dragonforce :black101:

Did not expect that to be for Wendy.

:golfclap: Mashima

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Given the color spread, is Natsu-Pink the true color of a real dragonslayer's hair? I guess it's better than going blonde.

Countdown to Gajeel's pink haired power-up.

More mangas need to realize the true power of drill attacks.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Comic posted:

Other than Neo Minerva I think that was a really great chapter.

Yeah, you'd think you'd at least get a cool demon name instead of a lovely modifier for your old one.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Silver2195 posted:

Kana already had her moment this arc, though.

And Lucy can never do something cool on her own, because her power is specifically summoning other people to do things for her. Interpreting "on her own" in the broader sense you probably meant, she can summon Cancer to cut everyone loose, I suppose.

Given Lucy's power set, she's more likely to save the day through gratuitous fan service.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I would be 110% ok with never seeing Aquarius again. Lucy is bad enough without summoning characters that bitch at her for things that aren't bad about her.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
And on that day the srongest of all power ups was bestowed. Competence.

Which also came with more clothes. Wait, is this real?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I'm really liking the interaction between the Spirit King and the Demon King. Polite and friendly total loathing is nice.

• Locked thread