Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

HKR posted:

I think the lessons we can learn from this is that there is a small group of people who would enjoy someone taking OT's more accurate translations and adding back in the honorifics while maybe doing some visual jazz to the attack names.

Isn't that pretty much exactly what the Aesir subs for OOO did?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
I'd say you actually picked the perfect time to become interested, since the currently running Sentai show (Kyoryuger) is the loving mother load of goofy.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

AzraelNewtype posted:

To wit, this week they defeated the giant monster using a fart power. The show is only just getting started.

And this was after they had a Canadian neckbeard as one of the LEGENDARY WARRIORS OF HISTORY

All credit to O-T, of course.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Endorph posted:

I watched the first few episodes of Os, and wow, this is a lot better than I was expecting. I mean, I was just looking for goofy action, but the back and forth between Ankh and Eiji is actually a pretty interesting take on the HERO DEFEATS BAD GUY tropes.

Also, the birthday cake guy is the best.

"Why is the belt singing?"
"Nevermind that, just start hitting!"

Yeah, Ankh and Cakeboss are pretty much the best parts of the show.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Light Gun Man posted:

There's a US DVD.

Hawaii fuckin' loves them some Kikaider.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Duet posted:

Magiranger was the first sentai series I started watching and it's pun intended magical. Utterly goofy and really fun, Mandora Boy notwithstanding.

Even Mandora has his moments when Tsubasa is fed up with everyone's poo poo and decides to weaponize him.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Don't forget that a female was technically in charge in Kakuranger, Timeranger, and Gekiranger.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Eponymous posted:

So, is that the fastest they've broken out the 6th ranger?

Depending on your interpretation, I'd probably have to say Abaranger.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
I'd say OOO or Agito would probably be your best bets once you're done with W.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
No, getting furious at TV-N is perfectly rational.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

mikeycp posted:

YESSSSS. I know what I want for Christmas.

Xmas? Man, those things will be sold out by September.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

mikeycp posted:

Buying it immediately, but not opening until December, because I can't justify that much on a toy otherwise.

Bake it into a giant cake, it's the only way.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

ImpAtom posted:

Even the show treats him that way. Philip is just a very very pretty man.

"Philip is a girl... Philip is a girl and I'm a boy... but Philip is a boy and yet I'm the boy..."

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Please tell me the Megaforce staff is so incompetent that they actually made a guy who looks pretty good for 38 into a grandma.

It's Megaforce, does that even need saying?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Wow, to think that there are some people (read: TV-N viewers) who don't realize that Nossan is the best Ranger ever.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

HKR posted:

Highly anticipated. If japan decides to go all out toku with it's 80s manga/anime I'm all for it.

Way ahead of ya.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDjjpYAVVPw

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
So I'm catching up on my old Figuarts and, uh, why the hell is G3-X going for like triple the usual SHF asking price on eBay (~150)? I don't remember this being a web exclusive, so what the gently caress is going on here?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

jivjov posted:

Looks like its time to shell out for the Legacy Megazord. I was on the fence since there was no DragonZord.

My hope now is that the Green/White coins (and hell, maybe the gold plated morpher) are available at retail and aren't solely ComicCon exclusive.

What's the big difference between the Legacy Megazord and the original HD season release? Just a new paintjob and some chrome?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Justin_Brett posted:

Second one looks kinda feminine.

And it really is samurai plus fruit? Where the hell'd they get that from?

Fred is on posted:

As usual, the next Rider's toy gimmick will be determined by whatever object happened to be lying around the main writer's desk at the time.

I'm only like 12 percent sure he's kidding.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

'Warring States Dance Gangs fight off Monsters and Corporate Overlords using Kamen Riders' is basically the best idea.

And also there's Pokemon, because why the gently caress not.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Potsticker posted:

Also forgot Femme from Ryuki, somehow.

And the two female IXA weilders.

And Shuki.

And Akira/Amaki.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Potsticker posted:

I'll admit not knowing about the two for IXA, but I am ashamed for forgetting the Hibiki Riders.

The IXA wielders are important because they were the first females to actually get to be Riders (Akira didn't count because she got cold feet until Decade) and not die by the end of the show.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Nah, the best is the storm drain because they rarely ever break out and when they do it means SERIOUS poo poo (see: the final battle in Faiz).

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
To be fair Cakeboss was never evil or good. He merely wanted to see people live up to their desires, whatever they may be. Or to use a horrible metaphor, he didn't want to set the city on fire, he just wanted to watch it burn.

The fact that Maki's desire was, in fact, to eliminate desire (and everything else) only nominally nudged him over to the heroes' side.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
That laugh. That loving laugh :cry:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

toomanyninjas posted:

Thought a long-time sentai fan, I'm fairly new to Rider having watched only Fourze and W. I started reading up on Decade after watching the W/Decade movie and I was wondering why Decade was only 30 episodes long? Was it because TOEI wanted to realign to Rider/Sentai schedule and stagger them instead of have series running parallel?

That and (allegedly) a bit of accounting gymnastics to give Decade a 50-episode budget for 30 episodes of content.

But they still found ways to cheap out. loving Kivala puppet on a fishing line :bang:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
As always, I'm gonna recommend Agito. If you can get past the early-00s CG that looks like a PS2 game, it really is one of the best heisei shows. And not just because of G3.

...okay, it's mostly because of G3. gently caress it, I'm biased.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

toomanyninjas posted:

I tried to come up with some kind of David Caruso joke, but they all ended up sounding like something Nossan would say.

And that doesn't make things even better... how?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Dexie posted:

I AM AMAZON!

Never fails to make me grin. Never.

Almost as good is the fight where they just used ZO footage and hoped nobody would notice.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
So, how soon until the first utterly insane theory for Aruceid Mai?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Dexie posted:

Still waiting on a wrestling themed Rider.

Done.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The second rider is literally Kamen Rider Batman, so there's that if you're interested.

I believe you mean the main Rider is Literally Batman. Don't let the title of the show fool you.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I like how every other ranger is super bright and flashy, but Overdrive Red's is like a weird full body shape change effect that looks more suited to a Rider or even a Metal Hero.

What, you figured they'd actually take the time to match their in-house effects to the Toei stuff?
gently caress that, they need that time to insert more explosions!

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Wasn't the Arms Dopant AbareRed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

jonjonaug posted:

You better not be calling Black or Amazon bad. Them's fightin' words.

"Dumb" can be a good thing.
See: Akibaranger.

• Locked thread