Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Flameingblack posted:

/m/ recommends it a majority of the time too :colbert:

The main character (Hint: It's Kagami) is a really great character, and Tendou's cocky-but-backs-it-up attitude as the main rider is really fun to watch as well. It's really frustrating when you have no idea what Tendou is doing until it's long past done, and the plot falls apart but the characters in Kabuto are top notch. More than I can say about a lot of other rider shows. Agito is still one of my favorites, but there's not much to say about Shouichi and I like OOO's a hell of a lot but there's literally nothing to say about Eiji. Kabuto is character driven over plot and it works for me, every single one of the riders has a character that develops incredibly well for a show thats plot goes on an acid trip half-way through.

If you don't want to watch Kabuto, basically Half the cast turns out to be the "enemies" in disguise, although confused and unaware they are. This includes Rider Sasword and the lead female, who Kagami and Tendou try and protect the whole series
Everything post-Decade is radically different than pre-Decade (Except Den-O), and everything Showa is pretty different from most things in the Hesei era, Agito & Kuuga withdrawn.

The only good thing I can say about Kabuto is that Kabuto's fights are basically the smuggest fights ever caught on film. "Just gonna stand here, let you throw a punch or two, don't even give a gently caress BAM you're dead." I love that so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

The Blackest Goon posted:

Someone has graciously uploaded the first 14 episodes of the first Kamen Rider subbed. Enjoy before some fuckless rear end in a top hat tries to remove it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJZp-LyLKYo&list=PLAW4Neqc7fOC7B4tLNTW7z3EiUc3RhiY-&index=1

Or you could just download the episodes from KITSubs.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

jivjov posted:

Man, if someone is doing a vintage power rangers podcast, I would love to guest on there at some point.

Ditto.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Liar Lyre posted:

Oh yeah, need name suggestions for the podcast. I can't think of anything good.

Bonertown Fun Complex and Plumbing Supplies.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Some Numbers posted:

Is Hurricanger fully subbed by anyone?

Nope.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

I want this more than I want to keep living in this cold uncaring world.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Miss Kalle posted:

Psh, it's the Rock Quarry all the way ya losers :colbert:

Uh no it's the bridge overpass whatever thing, the one where there were like ten fights in Ryuki and where W got the XTREME MEMORY.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Fixed that for you. Seriously, I wish every show could be half as good as The Iron Chef episode or any Sasword/Hopper Bros. episode.

I would love to give Kabuto an actual shot but I refuse until it has subs that aren't TVN dogshit.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Darksaber posted:

Maybe this is a dumb question, but is there any clue what we should be taking from this? I've seen some of FMA and a bit of Nadesico, but not a bit of Blade, Boukenger, or Decade. Or is it just a sign that something's screwy with the production?

Also do you know who else brings it every 'episode'? Alex Smith. MVP material right there.

In the last episode it turns out this is all part of a time loop and the eclipse that's going to happen is the same one that turned numbnuts into Wizard and the cycle of stupid bullshit will be complete.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Xelkelvos posted:

\And then there's Gaim's belt which looks to have a knife on it poised to cut whatever's put in front of it (like an orange).

I too am unable to get why the Kamen Rider with fruit-based equipment has a belt that apparentyl slices a fruit.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Serperoth posted:

So if I'm getting this right the new channel will at least improve on the existing raws right? That can't be but a good thing.

If you read the post before that, he also said that for most of the series it wouldn't really matter in terms of quality of raws because we have DVD rips now.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Gaim has street-dancing gangs in a feudal state doing Pokemon battles that endanger the world, what's not to love!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

AzraelNewtype posted:

Are you sure it's not just a bad translation ruining it? Want to take a second look?

I actually watched Decade and it's just doodoobutts.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Cliff Racer posted:

Also that it drains all tension or drama out of the fights its used in because of that stupid song/transformation sequence. Oh yeah and also its ugly and Minityra is borderline bad cgi.

Talk poo poo, get hit.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Kabuto and Faiz are probably the two Heisei shows I wish someone would pick up the most.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

I've seen his work.

No thanks.

I was about to say, those guys are making subs that are more literal. Nah. I'm good.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

nono posted:

If anyone's interested, the first Toei Hero Next film has been subbed: Piece (the one with Eiji/Ankh's actors).

Is the rest of the movie out there somewhere?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

You can do uniform design without making them loving massive overly simplified blocks of color. Hell, for an example of this look at Gokaiger.

Gokaiger was also mostly consistent about who turned into what, and they changed costumes at the same time. Big difference between that adn everyone wearing the same design in different colors that change all the time.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Kuso Meriken posted:

As I type all that out I just realized I'm not sure if you can get the whole series online, I've only seen a few episodes here and there on youtube and for download. My viewing experience of Carranger was raw third generation VHS tapes I got from a man I would meet behind a comic book shop in the late 90's.

FortMax has DVD raws up on the Bunny Hat blog.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

jonjonaug posted:

I've only watched Black but I liked it a lot. It's a good show.

Sounds like a Golgom Plot to me.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Apollove posted:

Oh, also, I was thinking of watching Kiva, cause it sounded like a cool plot.

If you wait I'm sure someone who actually can translate will sub it.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

melodicwaffle posted:

Kabuto seems to be a very like/hate kind of show. Most people I've seen who like Kabuto (which isn't many) don't love it, and everyone else is severely put off by Tendou and/or Hiyori. It was my first Rider/tokusatsu show and the only one I could tolerate watching until I got used to toku's brand of goofiness, and I was coming right off Korean dramas, which are utterly unbearable with the "nonstop easily avoidable drama" problem in addition to having painfully incompetent and ridiculously stupid lead characters, so Kabuto and Tendou were a breath of fresh air for me.

But I would have no idea how to recommend it to anyone given that there's so much in it that could easily turn people off.

I would really love to watch Kabuto but I want to actually know what people are saying, and not just what the words mean.

Scratchman Apoo posted:

I downloaded all of Sun Vulcan from Gao Soul Forever recently. I've heard it's an absolute treat to go through.

The talking dog in the first episode makes me laugh uncontrollably every single time.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Please, it's COMMON RIDER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-6vCUMmnuo

?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
All this Kabuto talk does nothing but make me sad that there still aren't non-poo poo subs of that show. gently caress Blade, NDA, gimme them Kabutos.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Rei_ posted:

There's literally a straight-up english dub of that show that is about as faithful as it can possibly be.

Live-action dubs really bother me. Not because of some dumb nerd bullshit, it just gets under my skin when people's mouths don't match the words. It sets off my autism something fierce.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

jivjov posted:

Tommy Oliver - Green Ranger
Tommy Oliver - White Ranger
Tommy Oliver - Red Ranger
Tommy Oliver - Other Red Ranger
Tommy Oliver - Black Ranger
6th: Jason David Frank - Awesome Ranger

Forgot Ramirez.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Dexie posted:

I'm curious. Do subs for the Japanese Spiderman exist anywhere?

Yes but it's been licensed.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Potsticker posted:

I got a bit of a laugh watching the subs and noticing O-T went with "ToQ-Oh" for the Robot. :allears:

What else would you call it?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

RBX posted:

KRDL has direct download for everything. You get faster speeds if you donate. You can donate a dollar for a week and download what you need.

http://krdl.info/

Not everything is up on KRDL because it's just one guy and he was asking for uploaders and poo poo and then never followed through on it AFAIK. He told me he'd give me the info I needed to upload poo poo after I offered to do it on the basis of "I have crippling Asperger's and download this poo poo compulsively anyway" and then nothing.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

lemonslol posted:

I started watching KamenRider W recently, and can I just say I think the fact that phillip just passes out when ever they henshin is stupid and is really killing the show for me?

Can I just say I think the fact that people randomly use "henshin" is stupid and really kills my ability to read their posts?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

lemonslol posted:

e: to all the spergs that are complaining about henshin. It's not like the show has subtitles or something so I can know what they are actually saying

Ummmmmmm

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

lemonslol posted:

I understand that, but he just passes out where ever he is. It's not like he disappears or something he just drops, he also doesn't assume some safe position to pass out on, he just drops.

e: to all the spergs that are complaining about henshin. It's not like the show has subtitles or something so I can know what they are actually saying

Look I gotta know, are you watching raws? Why? Why would you do that when you could watch subtitles and know what the hell is going on?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

lemonslol posted:

I had no idea I could watch them subtitled. I guess I'll try that with another series, I'm already too far into W that I wouldn't want my immersion ruined seeing as I already have ideas of what's going on in my head.

Hey just a quick heads up: You don't know what's going on, because you have no idea what anybody is actually saying. Also, maybe you should skim the OP, which is full of links to subtitled shows including W

Please don't be a stubborn idiot and not download subs. You don't know what's going on because you're missing out on huge pieces of the plot.

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Apr 15, 2014

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I've started watching Abaranger (Imagination Station subs) and 3 of the first 4 episodes have them coming up with some sort of actual strategy to beat the monster of the week. It's great!

Still waiting for someone other than the Geki scrub people to do it.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Does anyone have the BunnyHat raws for Black that wouldn't mind seeding the torrent? poo poo is taking forever.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

FortMax posted:

On it.

(I really need to get a seedbox for all my stuff at some point)

Sweet. I was trying not to just go HEY JERKWEED SEED YOUR poo poo so I appreciate this.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Burkion posted:

Is it the 13 GB torrent? I'd assume so, but I have bandwith to worry about.

EDIT: I just checked the OP. Huh-did no one grab my Changeman torrent to put up on KRDL a few months back?

It is. You're still better off doing it slowly because holy Jesus those CK ones are dogshit quality.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Burkion posted:

Is it the 13 GB torrent? I'd assume so, but I have bandwith to worry about.

EDIT: I just checked the OP. Huh-did no one grab my Changeman torrent to put up on KRDL a few months back?

It's a bunch of episodes by three different groups with stuff still missing, are you surprised?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

AzraelNewtype posted:

TVN actually hasn't finished either of them.

For Kuuga you want this and these (for the moment; there is much better video available if you want to play piecemeal, but the subs don't actually time well to either, those v2s of 1-5 are fixed and against the new video).

For Agito you want this, because GomenRider is stupid and lazy and slow and hasn't released the updated versions yet for most of the episodes.

That GomenRider guy is garbage and I hate him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The Kabuto stuff is good because they go the other way with it and just do more detailing on the armor, making it look more like a suit of armor.

• Locked thread