Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Well it probably doesn't help that Megaforce/Samurai are probably the worst PR series ever, even by PR standards. Not even the dedicated PR podcast guys remotely like them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

RPM has a grimdark background but it's really a show making fun of the Power Rangers tropes and actually uses some to their advantage (I.E. the pose explosions used as a weapon, questioning why they have to yell out "RPM, GET IN GEAR" etc.)

The actors are also really great, and it would be my favorite PR of all time if they didn't pick such a horrible opening theme. I mean who rejects

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddrhqFrj-Uk

and instead goes "Yeah, THIS is so much better, I will put my stamp on this"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5uBvJgNa4s

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I really hope they just make Gia the leader of the Pirate season or something.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The pacing to the episodes just seem way off, like it's on hyper juice and then they flounder at the fight scenes. That's my main problem with it. Well that and Troy being the most invisible red ranger since Rocky.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Cliff Racer posted:

I don't know why everyone seriously brings Wasserman up as a good thing, outside of the MMPR theme song the show's music was either forgettable or downright bad. Especially future theme songs which were all stilted messes.

How can you hate In Space, SPD, and the X-Men 90's theme song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fMkkZ9H3g0

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Flameingblack posted:

So they're going to get a new cast for Gokaiger's US adaptation right? I can't see the robo red ranger becoming Mr Swag, Captain Marvelous, or the nerd becoming second in swag, Joe. Gia would make a great Luka and Jake might make a good Joe and that's about all. I don't know why BMX queen would suddenly become the frail princess.

Nope, the Megaforce cast will become the Gokaigers. Gia's actress posted a picture of herself with Gokai yellow's helmet a week or so ago.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Box of Bunnies posted:

"Mystic Force had a bomb-rear end theme song and the Pink was a cute butch chick. Peace out, ya'll."

You are the first I've seen in reality that likes the Mystic Force theme.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I'm wondering since Saban loves his two females minimum policy, would he change Hurricane Yellow to female?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Autumncomet posted:

There's never been a female Red Ranger, has there?

Delta Force A from SPD and Lauren from Samurai.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

jivjov posted:

So I started in on watching Shinkenger, and I'm liking a lot of the cast, but how long until Red stops being an arrogant dick? He's really dragging the show down for me.

How arrogant is arrogant, because the retainers see his good side really early (like 4 episodes in?) and he's pretty much a goofball with a tough exterior (For god's sake, he's afraid of haunted houses).

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Is that what business class looks like?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Well it has been about 13 years since Lightspeed Rescue. He's what, 35?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Super Train Megazord with a machine gun chest and a missile barrage punch attack. And they combine by going super fast into the air.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Burkion posted:

RPM, dude. RPM.

They can make it serious. It just requires a man who is not afraid to be fired and some potentially awful ideas.

RPM was Disney.

The real question is who's going to be turned female in the adaptation since Saban loves his 2 female minimum rule.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Justin_Brett posted:

You're not going to like the Wings' intro arc, then.

They're serious for maybe like two episodes tops before the brother goes into a guitar solo.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Still better than the Lights of Orion or whatever "upgrade" that was that shiny armor glitter in MMPR.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I still never understood the decision to take Boukenger's roll call poses but replace their custom dialogue with the exact same "Kick into Overdrive! _____ Ranger!" Like, what is the point?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Dante Logos posted:

That is the trend anyway. I think Yoko from Go-Busters and Ahim from Gokaiger started out as idols. It is a jumping point to acting it seems.

Luka was also an idol. I assumed they just get former popular idols to play Sentai ever since Dekaranger.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Well, technically trains have been done before with Lightspeed/GoGoV....

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I hope the Toku execs have a brain and don't rely on ratings because you can't loving win against Pokemon, especially in Japan. Possibly worse than Who's Line Is It Anyways pitted against Friends in its prime.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Wizard sucks? That's disappointing, because that's one of the few transformations and style I enjoy from clips.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Sentai loves playing the scenes when the exact same person meets their other "character" like Kotoha meeting her Gavan equivalent for no other reason in Taisen Z than because she plays that character.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The roll call immediately repeating the name for every person is going to heavily test my patience.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

One thing I don't like is the incredibly chatty background noise the show is doing. Mostly when they switch colors. Hope they tone it down for future episodes, otherwise it sounds really cluttered.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

So people are saying Super Megaforce 2 has a lot less talking. We'll see how much less talking, because episode 1...had a lot of talking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6BS3GHrJ44

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Just to absolutely make sure you haven't forgotten these are the same people that wrote Samurai:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ9CkwCZsOk

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

You know, I don't anyone here would call Gokaiger a subtle show by any means, but comparisons are a funny thing when the other can't shut up....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UyHySPhQ-E

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Wildforce definitely used the same cellphone, down to the same morph cg scene. You're probably thinking of Jungle Force which ditched the knuckle morphers for sunglasses. I wouldn't mind the sunglasses as much if they didn't do that stupid gas-karate moves.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The weird thing is, they leave in some Sentai and completely add in custom Goseiger/Gokaiger footage to replace other Sentai. It's like they don't give a gently caress but then really give a gently caress. It's really confusing.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Holy poo poo, it's actually coming. And on steam as well.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

For me, the fighting isn't inspired and there's way too much of a delay when they're doing the changing gimmick. Even Gokaiger constantly changing didn't slow down the pace during a battle.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

toomanyninjas posted:

I don't watch Gaim, so my lack of ToQ enjoyment doesn't come from an unfair comparison. It's a shame, too, because I love trains and was looking forward to it. I'll drop back in when they get their Sixth and see if that changes the dynamic at all.

Same here, I don't watch Kamen Rider and the pacing is relatively slow.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Dr Tran posted:

When Ahim changes into Geki Chopper, she keeps saying "chest". Did the actual Geki Chopper do that?

Chesto is a common battlecry, but yes he did.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I don't know if Gaim is underpowered because the crossover with ToqQger was basically Gaim struggling against one of the boss monsters while the other, exact monster was being taking out very easily by Right and crew.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

From what I've seen of Wizard in crossovers, his day is not started until he does 50 flips.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Then he'd be best-est buddies with Fourze and be GokaiSilverRider. Not really seeing a problem here.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Zyuranger is absolutely fine about having kids unless you're the kind of person who gets terribly upset that there are children in your children's television show.

Kids are terrible regardless, no one wanted the stupid kid in Star Wars and that was kidified.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

I think the fact that they couldn't get the actors to return is the reason for the alternate universes.

It makes Gokaiger that much more impressive the number of important people they got from each series (until the end when they ran out of people and just did a montage).

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It still moves on rails so it instantly has more mobility than whatever the gently caress the Samurai thing was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

WickedHate posted:

Is toys or advertisements more profitable?

Toys and merchandise in general by far because it's direct profits as opposed to cut percentage.

• Locked thread