Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Fred is on posted:

I gave Hibiki a shot once but it didn't click. I hope to one day see Agito and Blade competently subbed some day, as I think I'd like them.

Unless you've already seen and disliked those subs, GomenRider has done all of Agito. Though you would need to search a bit for them since the links on their site are dead and KRDL only has their releases up to episode 25.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

And all it does is change the end of the spear. :allears:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Potsticker posted:

Just because you don't agree doesn't make his opinions bad or wrong.

I disagree.

Twistys Rapture posted:

Wizard really got chugging imo compared to where Gaim is now

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The worst part of Ultimatum was seeing the beginning of the Wizard segment where the supporting cast actually did things other than stand around and be annoying/bland.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Cliff Racer posted:

He pulled them out of his rear end, if I remember correctly. What an awful show.

The dragon form rings were made out of gems given by the show's villains, including one literally handed over by Gremlin. Haruto pretty much did everything that White Wizard's dumb plan needed him to. Getting Infinity was a hitch in the plan for some reason, but Haruto just gives that away when Mayu (directed by the white wizard) asks for it.

Motto fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jun 28, 2014

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

WickedHate posted:

Go-Busters was especially ugly.

GoBus had great suits. Only bad things were Ryuji and Yoko's armors.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Oh yay it's wacky happy car time.
*japan and east asia blows up*

I wonder if that's a premonition, what the characters are trying to prevent, or if the show's like Wizard and has a pretty dark backstory even if the show itself isn't.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I don't really mind periods of little plot advancement as long as the episodes are entertaining in and of themselves. Sure I'd prefer for the stories to be able to keep moving, but if I like the characters, I'm fine just watching whatever they get into week by week. The two episode arc structure broke down in Wizard for me simply because almost none of the characters were interesting or entertaining.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

So Drive turned out good, I take it? I liked the first couple of episodes, but I decided to wait for it to end since I feel I've lost my taste for watching toku as it airs.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

My favorite thing about Fourze is how mad some people got at the finale because he didn't just fight the bad guy Principle. Gen said he was gonna befriend EVERYONE.

People complained about Fourze's finale? The "graduation" scene was loving amazing. It had some major low points (ie. most episodes with Ryusei in them prior to the Cosmic/Aries arc), but with high points like that it's still a great season in my eyes.

Motto fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Sep 30, 2015

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Vise the Stompy posted:

I feel like the shift happens with Den-O (barring the first episode). Season before was Kabuto with Worms who would murder your and steal you identity and then Den-O comes along with a framing device of literally having no consequences.

Nah, it started with Kabuto. Show leaps from dark to goofy as hell constantly, just look at Tsurugi.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Faiz is weird like that because it's written by a fairly prolific toku writer who was well on his decline by then. His recurring writing quirks are pretty big in-jokes among fans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I agree, we should ignore TVN.

• Locked thread