Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
After taking some time off tokusatsu I'm finally watching Kyoryuger with my fiancee. We're enjoying it a ton but holy poo poo episode 14 (the teacher monster one) was one of the worst sentai filler bullshit episodes I have ever seen. It hit the holy trinity of stupid gimmick replacing a robot fight, a character development episode that doesn't actually develop anyone at all and contains a healthy dose of bullshit enforcing of japanese cultural norms to boot, and a character doing something for absolutely no reason other than The Plot (why did torin leave the temple to go to amy's house)

I hope that was the low point of the series, 'cause dang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Some Numbers posted:

I haven't watched the most recent couple of episodes, but OT might be using the singular "they" because they're unsure of the gender of the character or if the character (being a demon of sorts) even has a gender.

That's almost certainly what it is. Gendered pronouns basically don't exist in Japan.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
it's my favorite time of the pre-rider reveal period, "lovely notebook drawings from people who have seen the costume"

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
PSA: check out today's google doodle

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
check out these hot, blurry scans

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

SKELETON SWORD

HAND MUSKET

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Ghost forms!

Edison Soul

Newton Soul

Musashi Soul

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
should be tesla soul

just sayin

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Literally The Worst posted:

oh my god its a loving children's superhero show from another country can we not get up in arms over what a poo poo person edison was jesus loving christ

I am so up in arms

look at all these arms I am up in there's got to be like five

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
what just happened in this thread

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
kishidan doing kamen rider ghost's op promises it is going to own bones

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

this is an okay dub

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
no recurring rumor will top middle aged man with shotgun

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Rei_ posted:

doesnt the secondary rider this year literally have a shotgun with a hand glued to the front of it

it's more of a musket really

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Faiz is also the most low budget heisei rider show thanks to ryuki having been a huge money sink

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Scratchman Apoo posted:

I'd never heard about that. Explains why half the Orphenochs later on are cut and pasted versions of old ones.

also why they're all unpainted to begin with and why most of faiz's gear is obviously toys even by Rider standards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Kishidan, motherfuckers!

• Locked thread