Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Any good summaries of this Age of Sigmar poo poo show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

Oven Wrangler

chrisoya posted:

The rules are tiny, broken beyond belief, and lacking in any sort of points or balancing system. You get bonuses for pretending to ride horses, having models talk back to you, dancing, and shouting. A legal army can consist of a single building, which automatically wins the game if your opponent deploys two or more models. It is possible for two models in direct base contact to be out of melee range of one another.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

Oven Wrangler

Zereth posted:

What, humans?

I'm down let's do it.

Glass.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

Oven Wrangler
Bad art will also turn people away from a book.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

Oven Wrangler
Still ahead of Far West. :v:

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

Oven Wrangler

The Crotch posted:

She's apparently an important enough character in the Pathfinder universe that she's been drawn by other, more competent artists.

I'm the giant Zladizlaw Beksinski skull-tower looming in the background.

Todd McFarlane's Pathfinder.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

Oven Wrangler

Nuns with Guns posted:

The Dragonshards articles still exist, actually. They're just buried deep in the WotC website and you can only find them with Google afai
Here's the article on the murder suicide for reference: http://www.examiner.com/article/the-murder-suicide-that-derailed-4th-edition-dungeons-dragons-online

Think I found the culprit.

quote:

with responsibilities for supporting Gleemax.com

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

Oven Wrangler
Call them ED-209's.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

Oven Wrangler
They didn't give her a pink Khorne army so points for that.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

Oven Wrangler

AlphaDog posted:

Reading about stuff "left out" of 4th ed PHB1 made me check how many pages are actually in those books. 3rd, 4th, and 5th ed PHB1 are all 317 pages (like, marked page numbers, I guess 320 actual pages). I assume that's some kind of printing/binding constraint? You can't add just 1 page to a book like that, right? They're added in blocks or something?

If they were going to include, another class (~14 pages), how many actual pages would they have to add to make the binding still work?

Someone in the chat thread, I think, explained that multiples of 16 are traditional for printing.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

Oven Wrangler

Halloween Jack posted:

Blue Rose has talking horses, doesn't it? The bird tells you when they're coming.

:horse:

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

Oven Wrangler
One of the founders of Magpie games posted this on the company blog. Not sure how I feel about it.

http://www.magpiegames.com/2016/07/26/two-minutes-hate/

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

Oven Wrangler

Libertad! posted:

I can't say for sure if it's happened before with other tabletop crowdfunded projects, but continued dissatisfaction and lack of communication with a Pathfinder adventure Throne of Night inspired a letter-writing campaign to KickStarter staff made up of dissatisfied backers.

The last straw was when the author Gary McBride logged in July 30th and backed 2 other KickStarter projects without so much as a "hello, still working on things" to his backers.

Here's a comprehensive blog post I wrote on Throne of Night a year ago for those unaware.

Here's the post which kicked things off in the Paizo thread.

Here's the latest in the comments section of the KickStarter as things unfold.

Unless I'm remembering wrong the delay between releases for for "Way of the Wicked" was much longer. Most of the books we're 1-2 months behind schedule. It sucks for the backers, but they should have seen it coming.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

Oven Wrangler
Skeletor had some good ideas.

But seriously Zak is human garbage, unfortunately he doesn't understand how humans interact so arguing won't do any good. The only way he'll exit the hobby is when his harassment enters definitively, actionable criminal territory.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

Oven Wrangler

Error 404 posted:

Or enough people with an empathy level north of "terminator" just ignore him and and try to help the people he's hurt.

I have a dream that one day that rear end in a top hat's entire fandom will be just him, raggi, and grimborough well-actuallying each other in a room somewhere.

I wish I had your faith in humanity, but I read the news every morning.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

Oven Wrangler

Siivola posted:

I wonder if they'll do an actual Android supplement or just do what WotC did with Magic and put out a small online thingy to go with the existing art book/setting guide.

Just guessing, but I doubt their contract for Netrunner IP includes making an RPG.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

Oven Wrangler

homullus posted:

It literally just occurred to me that ponderosa is Latin for "heavy, ponderous" and that the ad wizards probably should have thought of a different name for an American steak restaurant, no matter how much they like pine trees.

It's actually named after the Cartwright family ranch from the TV series Bonanza. Somehow I can remember that 25 years later but not the combination for my bike lock.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

Oven Wrangler
The suit reads like a Sovereign Citizen legal brief. Maybe he's a pain fetishist cause I suspect GW lawyers are going to stomp on his balls.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

Oven Wrangler
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the grog.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

Oven Wrangler
How about some good and cool TradGames news. Magic: the Gathering and Dungeons & Dragons artist Tony DiTerlizzi has an art exhibit in the Norman Rockwell museum. According to my local NPR station its the first ever exhibition of D&D art in a museum.

quote:

Never Abandon Imagination will showcase over 200 original paintings and drawings, starting from DiTerlizzi’s work in tabletop games, such as Dungeons and Dragons and Magic: The Gathering, to his many imaginative children’s books, in addition to early artwork from his childhood and college years. The exhibition will highlight the artist’s influences and artistic process.

Just as his early work on Dungeons and Dragons and Magic: The Gathering is treasured by devoted fans of the gaming genre, DiTerlizzi’s award-winning books—such as The Spiderwick Chronicles; Kenny and the Dragon; The Spider and the Fly; The Story of Diva and Flea, and The WondLa Trilogy—have inspired a new generation of young readers.

Never Abandon Imagination: The Fantastical Art of Tony DiTerlizzi

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

Oven Wrangler

Plutonis posted:

What's wrong with joining the Hezbollah

:nsa:

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

Oven Wrangler

homullus posted:

There's a design challenge: make a RPG that can be played entirely with Instagram (and doesn't require you to be a good artist).

I can make this happen but I'm going to need lots of sexy cosplayers.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

Oven Wrangler
RPG Voldemort :doom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

Oven Wrangler

kingcom posted:

TOO REAL. I've currently running a D&D game purely because of people who listened to TAZ and wanted to play D&D.

It's like boiling a frog, after awhile turn up the heat and they'll be full indie gamers eating chicken wings to resolve bluff checks.

• Locked thread