Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

Ah yes, just as soon as I get off work. I'll be coming home to get lucky. Sweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

hemophilia posted:

I've honestly never seen this cultish desire to create and publish fake songs like I have with Daft Punk.

It happens with Metallica sometimes, but honestly fake Metallica is not even a fraction as common as fake Daft Punk. Is it wanna-be DJs trying to get their name out there, or are people so delusional and impatient for new material that they spend their time making music they think sounds like Daft Punk?

I can't find a good reason for this annoying loving phenomenon.

It happens in the Sonic the Hedgehog video game fanbase as well, of course we're pretty big fans of our cartoon animal's buttrock music, but it still amazes me to what lengths some of us will go to to splice together music from footage or try and make fake music to trick people. This past week has been mirroring the release week of a new Sonic game to me, it's been odd.

Here's to Get Lucky.

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

Also got to finally listen to the whole album through in a sitting, and yep- "Touch" is my favorite song. The thought that the guy who wrote "Rainbow Connection" is on an album with a couple of French guys who dress up like robots just makes me smile every time I hear it.

I don't know if Touch is my favorite but it's close. Like an earlier Goon...I just can't get into that two minute intro. Once that's over and out it's smooth sailing though, that track just makes me grin. I'm just calling it the Rainbow Connection of RAM personally. Really there's only a few tracks I don't care much for, I think everything else is pretty solid and I dig it. My only wish that didn't come true was an Earth Wind and Fire-esque brass section in a song. I don't care how unreasonable that is/was, I just had my fingers crossed.

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

-Inu- posted:

On a side note, we now know this is fake, but does anyone know who the actual artist is?

Give this a go for the comparison.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/405816/LYTD_fake_vs_Yellowire.mp3

More specifically, you'd be looking for this... https://soundcloud.com/yellowire/tonight-is-the-night-beato

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

Bisse posted:

Also, which Giorgio song is the one with the 'click' that he talks about.

I'm curious about this as well, but then again maybe I should just go listen to all his stuff and find out for myself.

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

I was already wishing I hadn't Google Imaged these guys the other week and ruined the illusion. That picture just amplifies that.

Not that they're horrifying monstrosities or anything, mind! It's just like being a toddler and watching Barney take his head piece off. You can still enjoy it after that, but it's different. Then again the only thing like this where finding out more about/seeing the people behind it I really like is the Muppets, so. v:shobon:v

EDIT: I like this post. \/

MykonosFan fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Jun 7, 2013

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Here's the thing they premiered on the VMAs in case anyone didn't catch it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGGZ1HULZQo

It's on their official YouTube and listed as "Lose Yourself to Dance (Official)", so I guess this one minute clip is actually the full video :confused:

Lines up with them just wanting 30-60 second video promos for their videos like they were talking about a few months back, I guess. Oh well.

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

Do we know about when we might get the next remix? If at all?

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

The first 2 minutes were alright, then it went all Daft Punk, then it went all Chic and I was grinning like a fool. Awesome stuff.

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

We're up all night to win Grammies.

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

Turns out Daft Punk and Pharrell aren't quite done yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFdgwmAYbJ8

I'm really liking this one.

EDIT: Mere seconds after I post the video, it's taken down. It's from Pharrell's new album G I R L, search "Gust Of Wind" on YouTube and it shouldn't be too hard to find I'm sure.

MykonosFan fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Feb 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

The Daft Punk Facebook page went all blue.

https://www.facebook.com/daftpunk

Something happening soon? Maybe? Hopefully?

• Locked thread