Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
quadratic
May 2, 2002
f(x) = ax^2 + bx + c

JSnake posted:

So either someone has a perfect Pharrell impersonation, came up with lyrics that perfectly go along with the song and added new song elements on top of that or... this is a radio edit leak of Get Lucky. http://pmd.sonic1029.com/audio/downloads/rick_lee/daftpunk_getlucky.mp3

File not found :(

Anyone have a mirror or would that be considered :filez:?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quadratic
May 2, 2002
f(x) = ax^2 + bx + c
Arguing that it's fake is stupid, but I think it's pretty clearly not the final mix.

quadratic
May 2, 2002
f(x) = ax^2 + bx + c
lol at people thinking the new Pharrell vocals are faked

quadratic
May 2, 2002
f(x) = ax^2 + bx + c

quote:

Daft Punk - Random Access Memories [lederhausen]

:golfclap:

quadratic
May 2, 2002
f(x) = ax^2 + bx + c

Wario In Real Life posted:

Alan Braxe, Fred Falke, Lifelike, Kris Menace, DatA, Tesla Boy, Holy Ghost!, FM ATTACK, Miami Horror, Breakbot, Bag Raiders.

Can I add Todd Terje to that list?

quadratic
May 2, 2002
f(x) = ax^2 + bx + c

CannedMacabre posted:

drat, I wish my hearing was good enough to actually hear the difference.

Why? You don't have to wait!

quadratic
May 2, 2002
f(x) = ax^2 + bx + c

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Here's a cover of Get Lucky that I've seen circulating a good deal the past few days:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5Cp55MvX54

It sounds like it could be a b-side from The xx. While it's not bad, I guess, I don't think it's particularly good either. The spirit of the original seems completely lost here.

The lyrics really don't work for this type of cover.

quadratic
May 2, 2002
f(x) = ax^2 + bx + c
http://funnyordie.com/m/7zpy

quadratic
May 2, 2002
f(x) = ax^2 + bx + c
I'M SORRY

quadratic
May 2, 2002
f(x) = ax^2 + bx + c
I think the "Get Lucky" music video is coming out on the 15th.

quadratic
May 2, 2002
f(x) = ax^2 + bx + c

Handen posted:

"Permission Denied: This is a private video." :argh:

It was a video posted by Nabil Elderkin, who is rumored to have directed the Get Lucky video. All it really showed was the two of them walking with flames in the background. It had a Pitchfork logo at the beginning and said 05.15.13 at the end. This is from memory, so the details may be wrong.

quadratic
May 2, 2002
f(x) = ax^2 + bx + c
The video is working again. Also on Pitchfork's YouTube channel.

Back on April 9th he tweeted this picture, which lead to speculation that he was shooting a video for them. Was it actually just the teaser and photographs for Pitchfork's article? I guess we'll see.

CaptainYesterday posted:

Apparently, pop music evil genius Dr. Luke first heard the album nine months ago according to a Spin Magazine article here.

:monocle:

quadratic
May 2, 2002
f(x) = ax^2 + bx + c
The iTunes stream is live now.

quadratic
May 2, 2002
f(x) = ax^2 + bx + c

Feenix posted:

The transition on Giorgio at "click" is just so superb.

Yeah, love the parts at ~2min and ~6min

quadratic
May 2, 2002
f(x) = ax^2 + bx + c

Cleretic posted:

Is Pitchfork considered decent in any way? I'm not sure how to read this discussion of them.

They're great. They're also terrible.

Seriously though, some of the reviewers are excellent and others are most definitely not. I tend to read it more for news than the reviews.

het posted:

I doubt that, though 5.6 seems low to me. I wouldn't be surprised to see something in the 6's though. I'd be surprised to see it over their standard 7.8 "this is good" rating though.

I'm gonna call 8.2

quadratic
May 2, 2002
f(x) = ax^2 + bx + c
http://pitchfork.com/news/50746-daft-punk-cover-story-outtakes/

quote:

Number of separate recording tracks used to make "Touch": 250

quadratic
May 2, 2002
f(x) = ax^2 + bx + c
Pretty good drum cover of "Giorgio by Moroder"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVttsiTVKEA

quadratic
May 2, 2002
f(x) = ax^2 + bx + c

Al-Saqr posted:

Is there an actual audio benefit to buying a vinyl album or is it just for kicks?

Absolutely. The CD is brickwalled, but not too bad overall. The vinyl has much better dynamic range.

quadratic
May 2, 2002
f(x) = ax^2 + bx + c

Phone posted:

It's so warm. :allears:

haha, not sure if you're being sarcastic, but this isn't one of those OMGVINYL4EVER things. The releases are mastered quite differently.

quadratic
May 2, 2002
f(x) = ax^2 + bx + c

thathonkey posted:

How did some people get the vinyl already? Did preorders ship early?

Some preorders shipped early and some independent record shops broke the on-sale date. Plus it was released in a bunch of countries on Friday.

quadratic
May 2, 2002
f(x) = ax^2 + bx + c
Wow, 8.8 http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/18028-daft-punk-random-access-memories/

And here I thought my 8.2 was optimistic.

quadratic
May 2, 2002
f(x) = ax^2 + bx + c

AwwJeah posted:

Can I get a link to them stating this? Not that I doubt you really, I just haven't heard anything about it and the idea of them not having any new videos really surprises me considering they're so well known for their consistently outstanding videos. I just figured the clips of the band jamming on transparent instruments and rocking out in front of a sunset were teasers for a longer video.

It's in French, but they mention it in their interview with Rock & Folk magazine.
http://www.numeriques.info/Rock549/bb6489f7dc4c46f1031ccaf23ba9125e76bb6fbefcde17701df5fe756ef0ef3f71cd5b4f9b96ba455de1d77c6e95a0ab (page 79)

quadratic
May 2, 2002
f(x) = ax^2 + bx + c

Skeezy posted:

So my vinyl copy just got here from Amazon. I seem to have received two codes to download RAM online. Is this normal or did I "Get Lucky" :smug:

Ugh, I'm jealous. I placed my order the day it was available on Amazon and it didn't ship out unti today :argh:

Anyway, yeah, you're lucky.

quadratic
May 2, 2002
f(x) = ax^2 + bx + c

mints posted:

Release day in the States is tomorrow. They've gotten better at figuring out when things will actually get there, for me at least. I got shipping notice on Saturday, but it didn't actually get picked up from KY until today and it's expected to be delivered tomorrow.

I got my shipping notice and it's scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Would have been nice to get it a day early, but I'll live.

quadratic
May 2, 2002
f(x) = ax^2 + bx + c

thathonkey posted:

Listening to the 320kbps spotify stream in my car and w my headphones is making me like the album more and more though - i really wasnt feelin it at first based on the itunes stream but now i am considering a vinyl purchase... I am a little underwhelmed with my Discovery LP though. Can someone who has both compare the masterings?

The vinyl master of RAM is way better than the one they used for the CDs and everything else. Much better dynamic range.

I'm not a vinyl fetishist, but the vinyl is objectively better in this case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quadratic
May 2, 2002
f(x) = ax^2 + bx + c

Photex posted:

I've read that the 24/88 version is dynamically identical to the CD version compared to ripping the vinyl yourself

YMMV though

The qobuz version is. HDTracks is rumored to be as well, but I haven't seen any confirmation yet.

• Locked thread