Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocco
Mar 15, 2003

Hey man. You're number one. Put it. In. The Bucket.
I know we've been getting "Get Lucky" fake-rear end leaks all week, but I think we have the first genuine leak of a different random track on the album "Lose Yourself To Dance" (track 6) It sounds more or less completely legit and I guess people have already heard it at Coachella. Not sure what I think about it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4Md7LLkK9I

Edit: I'm fairly certain I hear Julian Casablancas on this one but I may be retarded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocco
Mar 15, 2003

I am loving today because, as expected, all of the people first to scream OMG ALBUM OF A GENERATION and posting every loving fake leak all day every day are going to be the first to crap on the album. It's just an album. No collection of music tracks will ever live up to the level of worship you gave it.

Rocco
Mar 15, 2003

het posted:

Sorry, who was this that you're referring to? I know a lot of people were posting leaks in this thread (most of which were real I think? though that didn't stop people from talking about "obviously fake" Pharrell vocals? :xd:), and I think most of them are pretty positive about the album.

I wasn't even referring to anyone on the forum necessarily, moreso people across social media and other stuff.

Rocco
Mar 15, 2003

crankdatbatman posted:

Seems like my major Daft Punk fan friends have been pretty meh after listening to the stream.

If they actually used the term "pretty meh" to describe anything, ever, I would stop hanging out with them.

Rocco
Mar 15, 2003

So is it just me that thinks these are the two best songs on the album, then?

Rocco
Mar 15, 2003

nasboat posted:

I love Giorgio, it's right there with Contact as the best song on the album for me (Touch, not so much). I know a lot of people don't seem to like Giorgio talking on the track, but it's not even two full minutes and the rest of the song is just music except for one sentence, so it doesn't really bother me at all.

Giorgio's talking was unsettling at first, yeah, but it all played into this wonderful 10 minute short MOVIE of a song. If that makes... any sense. In any case, later listens made that my favorite track. And Touch speaks to the inner musical nerd in me, I guess. I really love this album for this reason though- every track hits some other weird thing I look for in music in general.

Rocco
Mar 15, 2003

Feenix posted:

Powerful like someone's corny grandpa singing a ballad through his dentures.

You seem cool

Rocco
Mar 15, 2003

Blast Fantasto posted:

Yes, anyone who liked the album, it's because of a conspiracy. Jesus Christ.

I love the album, and I've had people tell me "WELL YEAH WHEN YOU'VE WAITED FOR SOMETHING THIS LONG IT'S HARD TO ADMIT IT'S NOT GOOD" oh okay

Actually this same thing happened when Lost ended.

Rocco
Mar 15, 2003

het posted:

Hahaha, no offense, but if you're looking for a positive point of comparison when it comes to highly anticipated shows/albums that you think paid off, Lost's last season/episode is definitely not a good choice. Like there's a million good reasons people thought that was terrible, and I didn't even dislike it.

Okay great, but what I'm saying is that people tried to pull the OMG CONSPIRACY angle when all I wanted to say was I liked it???

Rocco
Mar 15, 2003

het posted:

Man you need to work on internalizing people's arguments in a way that isn't dumbed-down-in-all-caps.

I thought what I said was pretty loving clear but thanks for the tip.

Rocco
Mar 15, 2003

7seven7 posted:

Christ almighty, that remix is terrible. I really loved the album, so I have no problem with the direction Daft Punk took with it. But this is just amateurish. I seriously think I could've done a better job of chopping up those vocals.

Yeah, man, you should do it! Post it when you're done

Rocco
Mar 15, 2003

Was that a promo for an album I've had for 3 months? I don't really get it.

Rocco
Mar 15, 2003

I've loved everything Daft Punk has done this year, but blasting out another pre-recorded 60 second mystery performance like this really treads into "gently caress off" territory at this point.

Rocco
Mar 15, 2003

Modest Mike posted:

I don't know what happened to Daft Punk but i don't like it. They've become so sterile and commercial i just can't relate much.

Okay I blasted them a minute ago but this is kind of a stretch to say about two guys in costumes who say nothing

Rocco
Mar 15, 2003

This is a lot of moaning over one little promo video they did.

Rocco
Mar 15, 2003

sethsez posted:

It's the most recent thing from Daft Punk, and the first full video from them in three years. What do you want people to talk about in the Daft Punk thread if not this? Nobody's slitting their wrists over it being a boring video, we're just disappointed since their videos are usually better.

I'm disappointed too, I don't like it, but for it to spiral into A BAND I ONCE LOVED IS NOW DEAD is just as boring.

Rocco
Mar 15, 2003

A few things they've done recently HAVE been gross, but I don't see why this falls under that category. It's a neat thing for hardcore fans if they want it. Nobody's forcing you to buy it.

Rocco
Mar 15, 2003

Shadowgate posted:

Because it's clearly a cash grab and grossly overpriced? Maybe they are trying to get their retirement funds built up or something, but that deluxe edition is grossly overpriced.

It's got pieces of their original film print poo poo and a thousand other things. $275 is a lot of money but I don't think it's overpriced for everything you get. It's a collector's item.

These are the same guys that sold gold and silver Coke bottles for a mint years ago too. Nothing new here.

Rocco
Mar 15, 2003

Modest Mike posted:

I just don't understand the point of a "deluxe" edition that is basically just the album plus a bunch of nonsense posters and usb drives, it's not really about the music or even the album at this point. A remix album, a few b-sides, or unreleased stuff etc.. is more what i consider deluxe but whatevs.

The same reason they sold $200 action figures multiple times in the past- some people want cool Daft Punk poo poo.

Rocco
Mar 15, 2003

Mr. Unlucky posted:

They are more about merchandising their robot bullshit than music at this point I can't remember the last good song they made but they sure do love to pump out useless crap like this.

So I guess everyone is ignoring that they literally sold $200 dolls of themselves multiple times years ago

Okay

Rocco
Mar 15, 2003

The Saddest Rhino posted:

See their new output is not as good as their previous ones therefore all their merchandising has become crass and gross instead of sleek and desirable.

Ohhhhh okay, got it. Cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocco
Mar 15, 2003

incoherent posted:

Also I wanna say thats the only sampled track on the album and its the oldest song they've done.

What do you mean "oldest song they've done?"

• Locked thread