Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Does anyone else notice the leaked versions don't have the first five or so seconds from the Niles Rodgers video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=da_Yp9BOCaI? I love that part, and i really hope the non-radio edit has it :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

From the leaks I've heard so far, I don't know why they left the "Lucky" out of the first part of the vocoder part (i.e., "We're up all night to get..... we're up all night to get....") Maybe it's because my brain is used to the way things segue from the SNL ads, but it just sounds off.

That being said, I literally listened to this song like 30 times today. Literally in the true definition of the word.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

We're up all night to pet puppy :3:

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

That beat is pretty awesome... but also pretty repetitive for two minutes - and not necessarily in an awesome "Around the World" way. However, the last three seconds gets awesome. So, I'm torn.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Man, I caused some drama. I love Daft Punk and I'm super excited for the album, I'm just trying to level my expectations just in case it ISN'T the greatest album ever made v:shobon:v

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

What was their name? Was it One More Time? They came near me, but I couldn't find anyone to go with - it also seemed from their promo materials (this was like, their first show since they changed their name from Daft Punk'd to One More Time and changed their stuff), that it was just Alive 2007.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

This kinda sounds like that TaTu song...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mGBaXPlri8&t=44s

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Unnggghhh dat buildup

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

How has the iTunes stream been leaked if iTunes ain't even streaming yet? drat YOU NOT WANTING TO PIRATE THINGS AT WORK

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

The Dave posted:

Giorgio just starts kicking rear end at 6 minutes.

DEM DRUMS :aaa:

edit: Oh god 8 minutes in :gizz:

SgtScruffy fucked around with this message at 19:31 on May 13, 2013

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Fragments of Time just had the happiest Vocoder solo ever. It was like the end of Digital Love, except HAPPIER

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Ringo Star Get posted:

Is it true that its streaming on iTunes now? I can't seem to find it and I'm listening to the Grooveshark stream and oh god Contact should be the first track, right when it goes into the beat its magical.

Nope

Random Access Memories Tracklist:

01. Give Life Back to Music
02. The Game of Love
03. Giorgio by Moroder
04. Within
05. Instant Crush (feat. Julian Casablancas)
06. Lose Yourself To Dance (feat. Pharrell Williams)
07. Touch (feat. Paul Williams)
08. Get Lucky (feat. Pharrell Williams)
09. Beyond
10. Motherboard
11. Fragments of Time (feat. Todd Edwards)
12. Doin’ It Right (feat. Panda Bear)
13. Contact

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

My one complaint is that I'm not a fan of how Contact ends - too much scratchy

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Chief McHeath posted:

If you think some of the commentary in this thread is bad, go take a look at the comments on the Daft Punk Facebook page. I kid you not there are people complaining that there are no drops or scratches.

There are scratches in Giorgio by Moroder, and the drums go with them :colbert:

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

kalensc posted:

This album keeps growing on me. I've loaded it quite a few times with the intention of only listening to my favorite tracks and ended up playing the entire album. I think that the album would benefit from a track re-ordering but it's still quite strong as is.

Like a lot of other people I love Giorgio (especially when the strings kick in halfway through) and Contact. I don't know much about electronic or dance artists, so who should I listen to if I want to hear more of those styles?

Giorgio has always reminded me of Kavinsky https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37Z6INfhOMA

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

I finally watched Instant Crush... and I liked it. Maybe I'm just being a Daft Punk apologist, but I think it was going for lovely/cheesy 80's music video, and it got it perfectly. I thought the last shot with the two mannequins melted together was weird, but otherwise it worked. Definitely not the best music video ever, and not even the best DP have done, but it's not awful.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

I hope it turns out that they don't actually play anything and they just stand by silently and give an award to Taylor Swift.

:(

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Oh god what if this means there's going to be a disco supergroup that goes on tour.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

aBagorn posted:

I'd buy tickets

I think my comment came across as "oh god, damnit, a disco supergroup?" when I meant it as "holy poo poo a disco supergroup have all of my money."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

http://www.avclub.com/article/give-life-back-fhqwhgads-daft-punk-and-strong-bad--20287 This is the single dumbest/best thing I've heard.

• Locked thread