Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It's a nice-sounding, fun, catchy song, but I dunno that I'd call it all that great. And the sound is very generically "daft punk", albeit with a disco twist. I don't not like it, but it's pretty disposable, and not really special in any way, in my opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Whispers are suggesting the iTunes stream will be up tonight.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This album is so cheesy and stupid and gorgeous and fantastic.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I feel like I'm missing something when people describe the album as dull and then call Doin' it Right a highlight. It's the most uninteresting, useless track on there by a pretty wide margin, imo.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Is it reading too much into Contact to see it as Daft Punk loving with dubstep fans by including a 3 minute buildup that never has a "drop"?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I think Williams' vocal performance on Touch is fantastic mostly because it's so operatic and schmaltzy. I think if there's any song from this album that's gonna be seen as a masterpiece a decade or so from now it's that one.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

het posted:

I'm not sure what point you're making with "reviews are opinion-based". Also he's specifically talking about how the album got a lot of perfect scores, it's not like we're going "oh 8.8? I thought it was more 8.3", it's more that there's a surprising number of very-high scores when even people who like the album a lot seem to have tracks they don't care for.

I haven't seen any perfect score reviews mention about all these skippable tracks, only forums and such. This whole argument comes off to me like "why are they giving this album 10/10 when the general consensus on the Internet is that a lot of songs aren't incredible?".

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Feenix posted:

I think it's a lot of moaning over the fact that some folks just feel like *this decade's* Daft Punk is just kind of a hollow shell of crud. And as these videos and promos come out, it just sorta drives that nail home even further.

This is crap. I love the album to death but I hate the promo materials simply because they're lazy and uninspired. Just because you don't like RAM doesn't mean every complaint that anyone has to do with DP is an indicator of that.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I like how hard some people are trying to make it seen like this album sucking/Daft Punk being bad now is the universal accepted opinion, instead of being hugely successful and one of the most acclaimed albums of the year. Like they can't handle that they just want to make different music now it has to be that they SUCK

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This was one of the most successful albums of the year critically and commercially. Get Lucky especially was popular with a more diverse group of people than anything I've seen in years. Do you seriously think they just put it in to appeal to the college crowd? What the gently caress? This thread is so weird!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Feenix posted:

I'll go live with him.

D-does that mean you won't post in this thread anymore?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Are there still idiots who think this album sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

CaptainYesterday posted:

There's nothing wrong with it, but the Tidal version has been remastered, according to the trailer.

How much is Jay-Z paying you?

• Locked thread