Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

SyRauk posted:

Yeah, pre-order. I almost feel a little bit guilty but we were supposed to get ours back in March.

:argh: My Orange just shipped out today, and I backed on Day One!

A couple of links that are kind of buried in the OP:

My Pebble Faces
A user-made "watch app store". All of them are free, and there is also a selection of concept watches in case you want to develop a watchface but are not sure what kind.

Watchface Generator
It is what it says. You can upload an image and make your own digital or analog (new!) watchfaces. I used it to make this watchface based off of this watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

kuskus posted:

For me the band is fine, I'm just puzzled about why the body is so big.

Going wider to compensate seems like the wrong idea and approaches industrial/goth cuff or club or something, which is fine if you're about that.
I haven't seen a better solution than leaving it stock; if you have, please post it.

I think most of that is for the waterproofing. I just got mine today, and it's about as big as my wrist. I have tiny wrists. :v:

I had a huge bookmarked folder of replacement bands I was going to look at when I got it, but now I can't find it. :( I was thinking something with a light orange accent, or one of those black metal bands.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

kuskus posted:

That's pretty interesting. Everyone I know (mind you- I'm counting on one hand) had theirs shipped from California. City of Industry maybe.

The US distribution center is in California. Everywhere else (including Canada, I think) gets it shipped from Singapore.

I've had mine about a day, and I really like it. Though I've had to redo the finger-dance on iOS7 a few times. I'm not sure if that's a bug with the beta or with the watch, though.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Good news for iOS users, iOS7 is going to let developers access the Notification Center API over Bluetooth!

Which means no more digging through settings to get all iOS notifications to work.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

:siren: Pebble coming to Best Buy next week! :siren:

It's like they saw what happened with the Ouya and decided they wanted in as well :v: Though Best Buy will only have Black, while I think the only KS color that hasn't been shipped yet is White. I've had my Orange for a few weeks now.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Safe and Secure! posted:

Maybe they used the kickstarter money to get setup for Best Buy rather than making watches for the people who kick-started them.

The only color they haven't finished (I think) is White. I think they are just going to tell the people with $0 preorders they can just go to Best Buy if they want it in black.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

kitten smoothie posted:

Also, why in the hell am I setting the time on a "smart" watch anyway? Shouldn't it just pair with my phone, then get the time from it?

I don't remember having to do this at all :confused:

What phone do you have?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

New Kickstarter update! Looks like they're finally putting in Email alerts for iOS next update.

Also :siren:replacement cables can be ordered!:siren:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

sirbeefalot posted:

I don't think they are, most of the images look unique.

I want to order a few, but drat if they aren't a bit pricey.

I've got a Gadget Wrap for mine and it is pretty good, I forget it is there. Until I got a huge paint smear on it from bumping into a wall. Luckily they include two, and also will send out a replacement for the cost of shipping ($1) if something like that happens.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

TetsuoTW posted:

So has there been any word on the supposed IFTTT support yet?

From last month's reddit AMA:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

I wear my orange Pebble every day :colbert: But GadgetWraps is a good place to get some nice skins for it if you want to change the color. Plus free (well, $1 shipping) replacements for life!

I love my Pebble, when I'm out at work I usually have my camera in hand so I can't dig my phone out of my pocket to see who is emailing me. I can't wait for this update, either, since it replaces the need for HTTPebble. Though I am going to have to re-do my custom watchapps I made on watchface-generator. Hopefully the watchface makers will be quick to update theirs to 2.0.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

The iOS7 update's finally out.

There's a bit of a delay from watch > Notification, but hopefully that means if you act on the notification on the phone it won't send to your watch. Haven't done much testing to that effect, yet, though.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Paypal
LLAP
Trek v2
JavaPay
Swarm
Pebble time Tracker (installed this for shits and giggles like 3 weeks ago, never bothered replacing)
TeXcuse
Modern

Honestly I could live with only having Modern

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

PneumonicBook posted:

I actually just cancelled my pledge. I wouldn't be getting a Steel until August and I'm kind of hoping someone else can make a smartwatch with decent battery life by then.

They haven't been able to in the two years since the original Pebble came out, why would they now?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Got mine, wishing there was a color version of Modern. :( I'm using Analog for now. Colors are a bit dull indoors, but outside they are amazing.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

grilldos posted:

How are the colors indoors if you don't have the backlight on?

About the same as an old Game Boy Color, kind of faded.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

SpelledBackwards posted:

I noticed with my Kickstarter Edition and with my replacement device that the Pebble loses connection really easily when I'm sitting in my hot tub fewer than five feet away from my phone. Anyone else have connection problems when it's in water? I can put my phone in the middle of my house and still maintain a Bluetooth connection throughout every room, but I'm not sure why it being submerged in the water just kills its performance. I never see any problems with it while I'm in the shower.

Water does a hell of a job blocking 2.4Ghz.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

My #1 complaint is the screen. It's just not as visible as the original Pebble was. But otherwise, the design and weight are better, and the software is way better, too.

But once they port the new OS to the original Pebbles, there's not much reason to buy a Time unless you want a (washed out) color screen.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

zenintrude posted:

If you aren't using TrekV3 I don't know what's wrong with you.

This. Surprisingly the most readable watchface I've found on my Time.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Avocados posted:

This little icon on the taskbar is bothering me.

Whats this satellite icon looking icon to the left of the time? Googling has got me nowhere. It looks like GPS, but doesn't GPS just have an arrow icon?

That's the Bluetooth icon, not a satellite.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Na'at posted:

Picked up an OG Pebble two weeks ago and I love it. I also found this magnetic milanese loop band on amazon for $27.

http://www.amazon.com/Magnetic-Mila...p+magnetic+22mm

It's great and feels / looks way better but I did have to dremel a couple millimeters off the corners on one side but once I got the band on you can't event see it. Highly recommended.

Why'd you have to dremel it? I've got this same one for my Time and it worked right out of the box.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

The charging port looks the same, I wonder if they still support smart bands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

torgeaux posted:

What smart bands?

The grand total of two whose kickstarters only just ended :v: and one was for a heart rate monitor.

• Locked thread