Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

bull3964 posted:

I just realized that the head of the watch is a proprietary design which limits the strap options to just the included ones. That's pretty much a dealbreaker for me as I would really want a fabric band to use when I'm bike riding or doing other outdoor activity stuff. If it could take universal straps, i would be ordering one right now.

You can use any 22mm watch band, but they will sit the same as the standard band does. I saw someone that had modded a wider watch band so that the band was even with the edges of the watch, but I didn't like the way it looked.

I have this one but with orange and black instead of blue:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CF1F1WY
That's the one I have.

Edit: VVV Sorry.

AFewBricksShy fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jan 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Is there a way to make the Pebble app stay active on IOS? I use the "Modern" watchface with the weather, and the weather only updates if I open up the Pebble app. It works that way for the other ones with the weather setting as well.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Barfoid 3 posted:

I bought a pebble and hell Ill be straight with you: I would have been better off buying a pebble in the sense of an actual rock, that this piece of poo poo!

Can you elaborate on why you don't like it?

I think that this is one of the better useless gadgets that I've purchased. Yes, I could absolutely live without it, but I find it quite handy.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

With the release of the apple watch coming out next year, does anyone think that the Pebble will survive?

I still really like mine, and I like the price point, but now there is a smart watch for both IOS and Android, and they look nicer.

Looks wise, I think the Moto360 is the best looking one, but I can't comment as to how well they work.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Pebble Time Steel is now on the kickstarter page too, for $265 including shipping.

I still think I might go with the white or red one, even though I like the smaller bezel. I just don't know that it's worth another $75

AFewBricksShy fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Mar 3, 2015

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Don Lapre posted:

If the plastic one doesn't have a glass screen and the steel does then thats worth it to me.

quote:

Pebble Time is 20% thinner than the original Pebble at just 9.5mm. Its ergonomic, curved design fits comfortably on either wrist and slides easily under dress shirts.

Pebble Time and Pebble Time Steel is stylish and durable. The lens is crafted from scratch-resistant Gorilla Glass with a bezel made of stainless steel. Like our previous watches, it's water resistant - perfect for a run in the rain, water-balloon battle or a swim.

People love to personalize their Pebble watches. We've included a soft silicone band with each Pebble Time and a fine leather band for Pebble Time Steel, but any standard 22mm watch band will fit. All new Pebble watch bands include a quick-release pin, letting you swap bands in under 10 seconds. Now it's super easy to find the perfect style for you!

It looks like they both have the same screen.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Smartwatch+
Text Watch (with the o')- This is my default
Futura Weather
Marked 2
Battery Life Black
Modern
Revolution
Dickbutt

AFewBricksShy fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Mar 24, 2015

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Whoever posted about finding your tracking number in the page source code, thanks. I wouldn't have found it otherwise. I could tell it shipped because the status was no longer processing.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Are there any recommended Time watchfaces?

I've currently got
DIN Time (currently active)
Shadow
Thin
Love Weather
tictoc
Studio Clock

Any other ones I should look for?

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

codo27 posted:

I must be the only one who takes mine off at night. In fact I often do when I get home from work just cause the band bothers me while sitting at the keyboard. Not even that, often times I don't even feel it when its on my wrist and vibrating.

I take mine off every night, but the DND function was activated when I'd get a text or something in the middle of the night and the buzzing would wake me up from across the room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Has anyone had an issue with a watchface unloading overnight? I'm using Tally and usually every 2 or 3 days I have to put it back on.

• Locked thread