Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
My regular steel is working fine in ios9 too, haven't noticed anything different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
Completely anecdotal, but I get practically a whole extra day of battery life with the Timeline update on my OG Pebble Steel. I was getting about 6 days, now I get about 7 or 8. Same watchface and settings. No idea why, but I'll take it!

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

FISHMANPET posted:

Ever since I switched to a Nexus 5X my Pebble Steel hasn't been able to stay paired with my phone for more than a minute or so.

I'm not ready to rule out my phone being the cause, but is there any way to figure out what's going on? I've done the forget and pair routine a bunch of times, no change.

Are you using the Pebble app or the Pebble Time app?

The old one disconnects like crazy. Get the Pebble Time app and update your watch to the Timeline firmware and it should work.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

FormatAmerica posted:

I actually have both a used pebble and pebble steel sitting around doing nothing - if you pay for shipping, I'll drop them in the mail.

PM me if interested, will likely take me a day or two to follow up.

E: both are black

PM'd!

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Manky posted:

Apparently they haven't totally forgotten about the round, they just added gold & silver "special editions" to their kickstarter. I think they look good.

Them shits are pretty. I'm sure they won't really revise the Round until their display OEM comes up with something that lets them reduce the bezel significantly.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

SeldomSeen posted:

I backed this for a time 2 back in June, then forgot about it until last month. I got all hyped, and then more and more worried as the month slipped away with no information. Now just hoping I haven't flushed $160+ down the toilet. My first kickstarter, never again!

There's zero evidence that kickstarter deliveries will be affected by this in any way. If anything, it's likely to help.

I'm really sad to see Pebble die in exactly the same way Palm did. I'm gonna keep my Time Steel as a backup and get a Time 2 if they end up on sale. I hope they can at least open it up for community software updates so we can get a few more years of compatibility :(

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

CLAM DOWN posted:

Pebbel has removed references to the Time 2 and refunds from their kickstarter FAQ https://help.getpebble.com/customer/portal/articles/1831451-kickstarter-frequently-asked-questions

It would seriously be hosed up for no refunds to be issued. Should I start a chargeback with my bank do you think?

Do you actually want to get it, or do you want a refund? Have you tried emailing them, or contacting them through Kickstarter?

They haven't announced anything about cancelling Time 2 orders, and I'd be pretty surprised if they did.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

CLAM DOWN posted:

I've tried contacting them through their website, email, and Kickstarter, even tweeting at them. No response for a week now. At this point I just want my money back. I have zero faith the PT2 will ever see the light of day.

I'm sure they're swamped. If you want to be nice about it, you could send them another message and say "I've tried to request a refund, but I haven't heard from you in over a week. I'd like to resolve this, but I need to hear back by Friday. If I don't hear from you, I'll have to assume you're unable to process my request and I'll file a chargeback with my bank."

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Certainly never pledge to a Kickstarter if you think you're buying something from a store. Kickstarter is not a store.

Pledge to Kickstarters. Assume the project won't deliver. If you can't afford to lose your money, don't pledge. Assume the project will be late. You're not buying a product.

I can't say Kickstarter has been incredibly good at making sure people are as informed as they should be when backing projects, but never backing a kickstarter again is maybe the wrong lesson to take from all this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
I don't have any great hope for fitbit, but that Vector Luna is really catching my eye.

• Locked thread