Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Clawtopsy posted:

I need to stop checking for updates before bed this just makes me nervous. I’m sure we can rebook a stay, but it might be harder to get the Ohana fireworks timeslot booking.

If we have to move/cancel our flights, does anyone have any experience with this? My understanding is that “cancelling your flights because your destination is closed” is not grounds for a refund.

It depends on your carrier. Southwest has extended refunds out for awhile. I'm guessing part of the bailout will involve refunds too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Clawtopsy posted:

... Aw drat it, do I have to start stressing about the parks not reopening in June now?

this isn't a great post after reading people are being furloughed

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Fartington Butts posted:

Well now I’m going to the store to get stuff for Shrunken Zombie Heads.

Wanted to do Krakatoa Punch but I’m not going to a grocery store for freakin’ POG juice.

gotta post those recipes

alg
Mar 14, 2007

I never touch handrails at Disney but even then you have kids standing in line right in front of you just open mouth coughing straight on you. It won't be smart to be at Disney for a long time.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

quote:

“If we would have been told not to go to Disney and just avoid going, we would not have gone,” he said. “There’s no way we would have gone.”

How did these people think Disney would somehow be immune to Covid?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Trump will never follow CDC guidance. He's ready to throw all of us in the volcano.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

it's gonna be a long long time before it's safe to go to Disney, or fly

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Bottom Liner posted:

I'm very curious where this shitshow goes. Shareholders and an overeager Florida governor are going to demand the economy crank up ASAP but liability concerns and common sense (and general public sentiment) are at odds with all of that nonsense. No one with a shred of intelligence expects large gatherings tens of thousands strong to be ok for 6+ months (realistically not until a vaccine), so how the hell does a place like Disney function?

Trump & Mitch are making sure liability isn't an issue by removing it. If you get sick at work you will have no recourse.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Disney is getting us ready to go back to the parks

alg
Mar 14, 2007

How the gently caress do people camp in Florida? Air conditioned tents?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

couldcareless posted:

Isn't a therapeutic treatment trial doing quite well right now?

the Remdesivir trial was run by the manufacturer and the results were reported by the manufacturer. it was basically "eh, it might work."

alg
Mar 14, 2007

couldcareless posted:

Given that the first trials most drugs will experience will be from their manufacturer, this is a bad take. The biggest story was that it had a notable improvement upon the majority of patients. The two takeaways are: we have a drug that does something so we can now try and identify what about it is successful and refine the process further, and even if first thing doesn't yield much, if further trials proves the drug is good to go, we can at least have SOMETHING to help save some lives vs thoughts, prayers, and ventilators.

I'm all for being pessimistic, but I dunno if I can stomach to try and poopoo every ray of light during this

it's not good enough to warrant opening up sporting events and theme parks.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Now that remdesivir has emergency approval, questions have turned to its pricing. While the cost of producing a 10-day course of the drug is estimated at $9.32, according to the Institute for Clinical and Economic Review, it could be priced at $4,500 or more.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

BlueBayou posted:

Not to get into it too much but that's what the masks are for. If they have a mask on, fewer particles get out. And then if you have a mask on too, fewer get to you. Plus it's not airborne like measles.

Obviously if you don't feel safe, then that's fine. People should do what they need to do to feel safe for them and their families. But that particular version of transmission would be low, though not zero. I'd be far more worried about touching handrails and then your face or something.

I'm really interested to see what happens in Shanghai.

https://twitter.com/zeynep/status/1251556084424347649

alg
Mar 14, 2007

less close interaction between security and visitors

alg
Mar 14, 2007

The people bitching on the official FB post look like the type to refuse to wear a mask at Costco.

I don't know what people were expecting. There's a worldwide pandemic and 100,000 Americans have died already. poo poo is bad. Disney will still be there next year.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

as long as digital queues can be booked ahead of time it's fine. waking up at 5AM to get Rise of the Resistance would not be fun every trip.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

its a safe bet that with no money coming in they aren't spending big on IT projects

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Obviously you have to have some social disorders to be an influencer but what possible reason would anyone have for watching their content? Literally anything else you can do is a better use of time

alg
Mar 14, 2007

also nobody knows Splash is song of the south themed unless someone tells them

alg
Mar 14, 2007

lol Florida had 2500 cases on Saturday

alg
Mar 14, 2007

nbakyfan posted:

This is what concerns me. TWDC spending money getting ready for opening in mid July, calling back cast etc only to shut back down again due to the outbreak in FL reaching NYC levels or worse.

Nobody is going to be shutting down again. The bodies are just gonna pile up and people will shrug, like with school shootings. Infections in red states are already astronomical but they haven't done anything at all, and said they definitely won't.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/DWUhlfelderLaw/status/1273627695432302592

alg
Mar 14, 2007

We will still be able to use magic bands right? I have no interest at all in a smart watch, and monitoring battery for that stuff in the parks is a no go.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Getting home with COVID would be even worse

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Galaxy's Edge is really fuckin cool. Don't know what you guys are on about

alg
Mar 14, 2007

the coolest part of GE as a mega fan is that its part of canon, you can meet characters from the movies and the books, and comics, and you feel like you are there. if you really immerse yourself in the world fiction of Star Wars, its super rewarding. it wouldn't be as good if they just recreated something straight from the movie. also Rise of the Resistance was really fuckin cool

alg
Mar 14, 2007

make it a Muppets show. now.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

People need to stay home lol

alg
Mar 14, 2007

quote:

As the Florida Department of Education mandates that public K-12 schools must open in August, thousands of children in Florida are continuing to test positive for COVID-19.

According to the Florida Department of Health's latest data, more than 11,000 children under 18 have tested positive for coronavirus since the pandemic began in March.

CMs need to get the hell out of there

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Empress Brosephine posted:

Either go to the parks or not not a big deal also join our discord channel for non COvid fear mongering

https://discord.gg/tHAWpNg

Is the discord where goons go to vlog about their trips to the park during a pandemic

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Atricks posted:

The numbers from China are more than a little suspect based on the nature of the CCP, plus there is a lot more going on in Hong Kong that would make this effective cover for the other "Security Law" crap going down there. (It's gatherings of 4 or more, not just Disneyland) The government forced them there.

It doesn't excuse Florida, but I wouldn't read much into what goes on in China.

Florida/the US numbers are pretty frickin' suspect too

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Didn't fit on Primeval Whirl, never did Stitch....we will miss Rivers of Light, but only the first iteration we saw with CM in costume etc.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

my wife loves that ride, I have to sit sideways on it to fit, but we were on it the first day they had those animatronics, and they are amazing

honestly the people melting down on twitter that CMs had to put stuff over it, I don't get it. what do they expect. they have to fix it at night

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Just got an e-mail that Disney Cruises are restarting in November :psyduck:

alg
Mar 14, 2007

scenes from a Frontline documentary on the 5th anniversary of 500,000 COVID deaths in America

alg
Mar 14, 2007

The only places that have beaten the virus have a social safety net in place. The US can't beat the virus with masks and social distancing alone, and we have no social safety net.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

we really like Rose & Crown, Les Chefs de France, Coral Reef, that place inside Mexico, Les Halles Boulangerie....the pizza place in italy.

We're hoping the German buffet changes back to menu.

I don't think we'd ever go to Le Cellier. I can eat steak anywhere.

My wife wants to go to that insanely expensive new Japanese place but I'm not sure we will anytime soon.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Is that the sorcerer hat in the HS pic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alg
Mar 14, 2007

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...m-ogas-cantina/

Cliff Dweller recipe