Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
My mom is extremely curious about whats up with party for the senses this year bur I sure as hell dont want to link her here. Does anyone have any concrete info on the 2017 plans I could give her? Everyone at wdw she's talked to has told her its not happening, and as far as web trawling, I've only been able to find 2016 info.

Edit: Ah I found something, nm. Looks like the last one is just before we arrive and conpletely booked already anyway.

Nathilus fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jul 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Yeah I found that page.

And man, as a former cast member myself I've had the complete opposite experience with the disney phone cs peeps. Of course my experiences are all over a decade old now so that might be the difference.

This time around I even suggested to my mom making all the reservations though the phone rather than the web system since we had a little wiggle room in multiple different ways, and from my experience the info the cs operaters have can make the choices in that kind of situation easier. They helped her find the cheapest time period during our window, and a reasonable alternative for our first choice hotel which was already booked since this was a comparatively last minute kinda deal.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Empress Brosephine posted:

Oh yeah Hotels cast members seem decent, I was speaking about tours activities dining and tours, sorry.

Yeah its the hotels people Ive mostly talked to. And to reiterate, I like using them because they have all the vacancy and so forth info right in front of them which, even now with all the internet connectivity all the databases have, makes choosing easier.

Also once my fam went when AK Lodge was empty as hell, and we got upgraded to a savannah view room from a mid priced resort (port orleans french quarter) room for drat near free. Owned.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Sad! I never met him, but he was hercules to some people I worked with. Reportedly not just a good engineer with a fine sense of fantasy, but also a genuinely kind and warm person.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Wow what used to be mgm totally sux rear end right now. Lol. Stormtrooper marches and da tower notwithstanding.

Epcot still owns tho. We blew 10 snack credits in a day. THEN ate at teppan edo. :getin:

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

nimper posted:

The smell they pipe in the lobby is insane, too. I'm not an outdoorsy dude but it's just Nice.

I liek the smell in the animal kingdom lodge lobby. Excellent hotel overall but chyeah.

Btw flights of passage owns. My new fav disney ride. Best touch imo is you can feel the banshee flapping and breathing against ur thighs. The smells are cool as heck too.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Lol. Im chillin near the soda tasting place in epcot, coolin down. Just saw a kid trick his mom into drinking nasty rear end italian soda "beverly" :unsmith:

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Funkmaster General posted:

Beverly is a pallete cleanser. You're supposed to eat something, take a sip, then eat something else. It isn't for drinking, at least not in the way the rest of the sodas are.

Still funny to watch people try it, though.

Its an aperitif. Which i think means its meant to make you desperate to eat something, ANYTHING, to get the taste out of your mouth.

Renegret posted:

I'm convinced Beverly is only there to trick people

:agreed:

Its been there and vile as gently caress since i was a kid. So 25 years at least.

Nathilus fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Oct 15, 2017

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

The bands are also insanely easy to link to your account on your own via the mydisneyexperience app. You just have to find the bands tab and type in the number on the back of the rfid fob.

But yeah any cm can do it in ten seconds flat.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

If you're still after them, pm me. I'll go looking for you. Because guess where I am :)

E: oh and all my pissing and moaning earlier on about Pandora was at least somewhat wrong. I'm not impressed at all by the "night time light up" bioluminecesnces whatever effects, but flight of passage is a premium as gently caress ride.

Yeah flight of passage owns bones. I NEED a vr game of that. Bonus points if it could shoot good smells at you like the ride.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

couldcareless posted:

River journey is worth doing once then probably never again. The ride felt like a proof of concept more than anything else and it's dreadfully short. They really should have tried to do a pirates of the caribbean with it and add some huge set pieces to a big open area with a little thrill of a drop.

Dreadfully short and theres no narrative or anything, either. I was somewhat confused albeit cool and refreshed coming out of it. Woulda been mad as hell if i had to sit through the hour long line for it.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Bottom Liner posted:

We have a large family group coming in for Christmas, 9 people total staying at AKL. Any recommendations for off the beaten path activities for large groups? We have dining taken care of and everyone is a Disney vet.

Theres a backstage safari thing at akl where they drive you around in a safari truck. I habe zero idea how much it costs tho.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

tomapot posted:

Everything. Seriously, the couple times we went everything was fabulous. One of our favorites is the mushroom bisque soup. Huge fan.

Yeah that soup is amazing. For the entree, I really like the cedar plank salmon.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Skeezy posted:

Disney Springs always seems to have something new open or opening that week or even being developed. It's great.

I didn't like most of the changes from when it was downtown disney. The new theming is nice and there are still some interesting shops and restaurants but they've turned 2/3rds of it into a slightly upscale but otherwise pretty vanilla outdoor mall.

City Walk has always been mildly poo poo tho.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

The other day I learned that they turned artist point into a character dining experience. SMDH.

As much as I'll never forgive them for turning Akershus into a stupid character dining restaurant this is almost as bad.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Nooooooo! That joint has saved me on a scorching hot EPCOT day many a time, even if the floor was always loving disgusting.

Also where else can one poison friends and family members with vile beverage "Beverley"?! :<

Nathilus fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jul 17, 2019

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Oh, ok. Whew! That scared me for a minute.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Huh. When I worked at WDW the pay full timers got seemed pretty good. They were unionized, had good benefits, pretty good raises based on seniority, and plenty of opportunities for overtime for anyone who wanted it. Makes me wonder if I wasn't getting a clear picture of what was goin on, or if things have gotten worse in the years since.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Bottom Liner posted:

The divide among full timers and part timers has gotten bigger and the "career" positions are few and far between. The average salary of a Disney employee is 46k, but the vast majority of employees are sub 30k. It's a microcosm of our entire economy really.

LOL. Figures. Truly a microcosm of whats going down in general, just as you say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Bottom Liner posted:

Bibo is good but the ice cold pinapple Fanta is pro. It's only good there too, don't bother buying it anywhere else.

I drank like ten tiny cups of it last time i was there. B)