Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
You can bring it with you. They give you a bag of sorts to store it and carry it with you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Yeah wtf it’s not a problem at all

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

I assure you, I am actually smiling that much.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I’m staying at the Pop soon.

Say I Skyliner into Epcot for lunch. Then monorail over to MK for the evening to watch the fireworks.

Would I be able to monorail back to Epcot and get back on the Skyliner to get back to the Pop?

Considering Wishes ends at 8:30 and Epcot closes at 9, I know we won’t make it back to Epcot before park close. Considering that the Skyliner runs until 11 pm, though, would the castmembers allow us in to Epcot just long enough to walk over to the Skyliner?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Aphrodite posted:

They won’t.

In that case I guess you’d have to take a bus to DHS and take the Skyliner from there probably?

Butts.

Alright, good to know. Thanks.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Spaceship Earth routinely has sub 5 minute wait times.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Nomad Lounge is the best. I wish I could just go there without having to go all the way to AK.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
My wife gets bad motion sickness from a lot of stuff (most notably Cosmic Rewind,) but she loves Tron.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

I'm still having a hard time drumming up a lot of excitement for Epic Universe. I will say that I really like the look of the entrance and Celestial Park. Really big, open, naturally beautiful landscapes is something Universal has never done. Their parks are a lot of things, but "beautiful" is rarely something you would use to describe them. There is something to be said for a big, open, beautiful landscape in a theme park in making it feel big and important. The WDW parks have quite a lot of this, and now Universal finally has it. I also like that they wisely chose a non-IP land with a unified theme and aesthetic to anchor the whole park. Astronomy and steampunk is a not groundbreaking, but solid choice.

Other than that, the lands... I'm sure there will be some great rides in this mix. But I'm just having a hard time caring. I think a THIRD Potter land is a mistake. I've talked about How to Train Your Dragon before and it's such a limited appeal. People will always chime in and say how they're actually pretty good films and not typical Dreamworks fare, and, well that's fine, but "pretty good" animated CGI films are still a dime a dozen and HTTYD is just... another one. Super Nintendo World is of course really interesting, but we know that the Mario Kart ride is a bit lackluster. The Monsters land I believe holds the most potential as it's not just one franchise (I guess technically Nintendo World is 2) and we definitely haven't seem something like this before.

But yeah, when 4/5ths of the park is specific IP, you have a park that doesn't really have an identity, just a collection of stuff. I wish there was at least one additional land that was not IP-based. I know not everyone will agree, but I just don't want the future of theme parks to forever be "collection of IP's location A", "collection of IPs location B", etc.

Not an empty quote!

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Bottom Liner posted:

This reminds me of the first time we took the little cousins to Disney. They were 7 and 8 at the time, their first visit to Disney or any theme park at all. The very first ride they ever did was Big Thunder Mountain early in the morning and they absolutely loved it. Later that night after fireworks, we asked them if they wanted to do anything else before leaving and they begged to ride it again, so we did.

This time though, it ended in tears and them swearing we tricked them into getting on a different ride because "it was way faster and scarier this time" just because it was dark :lol:

Does BTM have two tracks that are slightly different, with one being rougher than the other?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

kensei posted:

I agree, that ride in Tokyo was amazing. A+++ would wait again!

That entire ride including the queue and yes, the animatronics, is ridiculously good and cool. Best Disney ride as far as looks go easily.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
We didn’t have trouble getting it on the Priority Access as soon as we walked in. 100% worth it.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

hadji murad posted:

Good to know, thanks.

Were there any differences between that and the other pass?

(I wish the terms were universal across the parks)

You mean the 40th anniversary fastpass thing? That one is free and you can only use it once per ride per day.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Sivart13 posted:

the only good things about Star Wars these days are Star Tours and Rise, so I'm always pro more Star Tours

:rolleyes:

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I do not love either of the GE rides, but I will ride Star Tours at least twice each visit.

I got to be the rebel spy in Tokyo. :cool:

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

hadji murad posted:

35 minutes for Beauty and the Beast in and out. Because I’m park posting I’ll just say that we were all blown away.

It’s so rad, right?

Have fun! TDL is the best.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I thought all of the sides at Cellier were super delicious, but the steak was just so-so. I’d go back just for that risotto, though.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Only rained for like twenty minutes of our four day trip last week. Very nice weather.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
The actual sit down restaurant part of the crepes place is good. The galettes especially.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Tim Whatley posted:

What if instead of electric cars we just demolish it on both coasts and put something good there instead

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Isn’t Caribbean Beach gigantic? So unless you’re lucky enough to get a room near the Skyliner, it’s not gonna be very convenient. Never stayed there myself.