Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

SteelMentor posted:

Eating at the parks has been a big concern for me. My family's adventurous but very picky with the quality of food and I'd rather not hear them bitch for the entire vacation because they had one bad burger somewhere.

Any recommendations for sit down places? Particularly at Universal, we were outright told not to eat anywhere there outside of Citywalk.

For Citywalk, try Cowfish or the chocolate emporium. Do NOT eat inside the park proper.

For Magic Kingdom, I loved Skipper Canteen, and I've heard mixed things about Be Our Guest. Pecos Bill's is serviceable Tex-Mex in a sit down setting. I've heard good things about...Harbor House, I believe it's called? New England food with a focus on seafood, I believe.

At Epcot...literally everything in the World Showcase is good. I really liked Teppan Japan and...the Moroccan restaurant whose name I can't remember.

Disney Springs has Morimoto's which I will be trying in September and have heard nothing but good things. I also absolutely 100% loved Frontera Cocina in DS. Some of the tastiest Mexican food I've had, although pretty pricy.

I've never eaten at HS or AK.

Honestly, I think by and large, the food in Disney Springs is the best and eating inside the park is mostly a crapshoot everywhere besides the World Showcase. That said, I have heard great things in this thread about some of the AK restaurants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I was able to get a spot to watch Rivers of Light in the Asia viewing area. Is this any good? We've never seen RoL before.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Is Not So Scary Halloween worth it for a 30 year old couple with no kids? I'm trying to convince the wife it's worth the additional $80 price tag.

Do they kick people out who don't buy the extra ticket on those days or what? What's stopping us from staying in the park after dark?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Okay, we're sold. However, do we get free entrance to MNSSH with our silver Annual Passes or is it an extra $80 each?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
If we have the annual pass, do we need to buy the ticket to NSSHP at the gate or ahead of time to get the 10% or whatever discount?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Are Fast Pass reservations not available at all during MNSSH? I guess all the rides have short waits as it is, it just seemed odd.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
That sucks, but it definitely wasn't my experience last night.

We got to ride everything with no wait being over 20 minutes. Mine Cart, Big Thunder, Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, Aladdin...Saw the parade and fireworks too.

Rain sucks, but the worst of it cleared up pretty quickly and we ended up having a great time.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
We've had Cocina Fronterra, Morimoto's, and Blaze Pizza at Disney Springs. Loved them all.

What should we try next?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Look to see if your employer has any kind of "Tickets at Work" service. We use my wife's service and find offsite hotels at nice discounts ($20-40 a night off), which covers the resort fees and more.

We always stay at the resorts right next to Disney Springs which have direct shuttles that run at least an hour or two after closing. Paying for parking and driving to Disney sucks.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Funkmaster General posted:

I stayed at B Resort right next to Disney Springs and never had to wait for a bus or had any problems with the schedule. They even ran until 1am for Halloween party goers.

If I go again, I'm definitely either staying onsite or at one of the six hotels on that street. Walking distance to disney springs was actually so nice I might lean toward the latter.

This guy gets it.

I think your trip and mine actually overlapped. We stayed at the Best Western on that street. Trying the Windham in November.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Renegret posted:

Frontera Cocina was incredible

There wasn't a single thing that I ate that didn't blow me away

Yes! This place doesn't get enough love, it's amazing!

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
F&W has buttons in different colors at all of the non-country booths this year for AP holders.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Kilometers Davis posted:

This would be really cool. Hopefully they do it.

As for the entire thing, sorry but no sorry I support anything that involves more dogs everywhere. This means when I stay at Port Orleans I’ll be 100% more likely to pet dogs walking around. Yesssss.

:yeah: This is my take as well. Dogs own and this will get me to actually stay in a Disney hotel (w/Disney prices) for the first time.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Going to Magic Kingdom tomorrow, Epcot for F&W on Saturday, and AK on Sunday, and the weather (and low crowds) are going to be :discourse:

Anything out of the ordinary I should be checking out this weekend?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Tim Whatley posted:

Epcot will be packed Fri and Sat

Nah. I’ve been on this exact weekend four years in a row. It’s fine.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Renegret posted:

how delightfully evil

but no I'd rather she not hate me for my entire life

In front of the castle? During fireworks?

Do you have a favorite ride/spot?

That’s so sweet!

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Wife and I are going March 1st-3rd before our AP expires. Hoping to ride FoP and enjoy Flower and Garden. If we want to do Epcot/Animal Kingdom/Magic Kingdom on a Thursday-Saturday, what’s the best order to do it in? I imagine MK for Thursday since it’d be the least packed. Beyond that, not sure.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Tiffins worth the price?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Where are all of these located? We’re going to AK and were looking for a nice place to eat. I heard a lot of good about Tiffins, but it sounds a lot more mixed in here.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Well, we usually do counter service or the stalls around Epcot. We’ve gone to Teppan Edo and Skipper Canteen and loved them, so we were looking for something along those lines. We’re not huge eaters, but Tiffins would have been our main meal for the day. Small portions + big price tag doesn’t sound great.

Tusker House and Yak and Yeti sound cool. I’ll check ‘em out.

Nanigans fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jan 31, 2018

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Not worth it. Ride Everest like six or seven times instead. Unless you never, ever plan to go back to Animal Kingdom, I guess.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I love casual racism

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Beachcomber posted:

They should've done Beastly Kingdom

At least when they started this whole thing, Avatar was huge. In hindsight, Beastly Kingdom would’ve been 100x better, but then James Cameron decided a decade was an appropriate length of time between sequels. Either way, Avatar sucks, but Pandora is pretty cool.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
What’s Runaway Rail supposed to be?

Also, teenagers talking loudly in Portugese is no worse than teenagers talking loudly in English. If you only have a problem with the former, you’re a racist. If you have a problem with both, then it sounds like Walt Disney World isn’t for you? :shrug:

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

RCarr posted:

I'm going to Disney in April. I'm not staying in a Disney resort, so I can only do my fast pass stuff 30 days in advance. Is there any chance of me booking Flight of Passage, or the other big name rides via fastpass? I assume not, since people staying at Disney have 30 whole days before me to reserve this stuff.

I’m going March 3 & 4 and booked 30 days in advanced and got everything I wanted except FoP, including Naavi River Journey. You shoukd be fine (besides FoP)

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

RCarr posted:

So basically if I want to do FoP, I will have to stand in line for 2-3 hours? Is it worth it?

I’ve never ridden it, but 3-4 hours sounds right and not worth it unless your next Disney trip won’t be for a long, long time. We’re early risers but won’t be getting to Orlando until the afternoon the day we go to AK so we’re not rope dropping. I agree that if you’re willing to rope drop, it’s probably worth it.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Going this Thursday and Friday to AK, EC, and MK. Crowds are supposed to be Light and weather is supposed to be great. Got my fastpasses set. This is going to be a great trip. :cool:

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Just had a great time at Animal Kingdom. Posted wait time for FoP was 80 minutes. It ended up being less than 60.

Ride was fantastic! Na’vi River Journey loving sucked. Glad I had a fastpass to blow through the queue.

Fantastic weather and light crowds. Good stuff.

Flower + Garden tomorrow!

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Settle down, Beavis.

For content, Epcot was great yesterday. Small crowds all morning, beautiful weather. Try the chilaquiles in Mexico. They’re loving amazing.

The macaron on a stick in France is top tier, as was the duck confit. So tender.

Tried a citrus swirl in MK. As a big orange juice drinker, I was disappointed. Dole Whips still reign supreme.

Disney Springs is quickly becoming as much of a destination for the wife and I as the parks proper. So much to do and see. Great food. Enzo & Maria’s was awesome and cheap-ish.

Nanigans fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Mar 3, 2018

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

chitoryu12 posted:

This little rear end in a top hat of a kid.

"You want ice cream?"

"Yeah"

"Then you better sit back and behave"

*screams as loud as possible*

Hahah, that’s awful. No thanks. People can keep their kids and I’ll enjoy all the ice cream I want (which is a moderate amount consistent with a generally healthy diet)

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I enjoy parent meltdowns more. I see at least one of those every trip.

Once saw a guy walking no less than five children under five and yelling at them. I turned back to see the commotion and he yelled “Can I help you?!” at me.

I turned my head back, and kept walking with a :stare: look on my face.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

so that's what's wrong with you.

you don't recognize that citrus swirl is the superior item.

Citrus Swirl loving sucked. I was so disappointed.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Citrus swirl sucks orange sherbet sounds better.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
So what’s with the newly announced Marvel stuff in Disneyland? I thought Universal had rights to Avengers/F4/Spider-Man/X-Men stuff for theme parks? Or is that only in Florida?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
So there’s no chance the Marvel stuff is coming to Orlando?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Tim Whatley posted:

I'm at the parks now. So many good booths this year for Flower and Garden.

If you don’t try the chilequiles at Mexico’s booth, I will loving murder you. :stare:

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Bottom Liner posted:

We’re at Epcot today, what’s the good stuff to try at Flower & Garden this year?

Chilequiles in Mexico x 1000000

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Anyone ever stay in the B Resort and Spa near Disney Springs? We love staying on Hotel Plaza Blvd. 'cause we can literally just walk over to Springs.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Funkmaster General posted:

I stayed there about this time last year. The lobby is heavily perfumed, which some people probably won't like (I thought it was fine), and the shower took some time to get hot enough for me, but other than that I had no real complaints. I didn't make use of the pool, gift shop, restraunt, or anything so I can't really give you a judgement on that, but walkable to disney springs and a tighter budget meant Earl of Sandwich for dinner each night, which was delightful. The bus waiting area has a straight-up outdoor couch, which was nice when it wasn't crowded. More comfortable than a wooden bench, although even being covered I imagine things get awkward when it rains a lot.

Nice. Yeah, we're basically using it to sleep and shower and hold our stuff. We'll be at the parks all day for F&W and at AK.

With that said, my partner gets pretty bad allergies if the place isn't really clean which can ruin the trip. I'm guessing the place didn't spring any red flags for you IRT cleanliness?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Disney wasn’t as fun as it is in 2018 in 2006 so I’m fine with the price difference.