Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
losonti tokash
Oct 29, 2007

I'm so pretty, oh so pretty.

Interstellar Owl posted:

A Wednesday instead of a Tuesday? That's super uncommon.

Not sure when they started this, but Wednesday has been the release date for arcade games for a while now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

losonti tokash
Oct 29, 2007

I'm pretty excited to play this when I get home, but why on earth does the developer think they can go straight from this to an MMO?

losonti tokash
Oct 29, 2007

I can only get sneak attacks to work like a quarter of the time. I keep shoving them instead. :smith:

losonti tokash
Oct 29, 2007

The game keeps telling me to move my base into the middle of the towns, which seems like a horrible idea. Is there one more into the countryside that's available?

losonti tokash
Oct 29, 2007

Rirse posted:

Finding it funny whenever a missing survivor turns up after getting the farmhouse HQ, they will appear in the barn...ACROSS THE STREET. Jeez Ed, you did this twice already, just go home!

It's even better if they're too tired to go on foot, so you run over to a parked car, they come after you, then immediately get out since they've now arrived.

losonti tokash
Oct 29, 2007

Gotta build up their trust meter until it says friend,

losonti tokash
Oct 29, 2007

Mister Bates posted:

No, that's a minus sign, materials get used up at a stupid huge rate for whatever reason. I assume it's to represent the need to maintain your fortifications, your buildings, and your outposts. It might or might not be influenced by the size of your base, how many outposts you have, and/or how many or what kind of buildings you have. The game's not very good at explaining stuff like that.

I'm also pretty sure resource use is calculated every real-world day.

I think construction materials get used repairing weapons and cars. I had a consumption rate of like 20 yesterday but as soon as I got on today it was 0.

losonti tokash
Oct 29, 2007

Drakenel posted:

*Whistles innocently while looking at his group of 23 survivors*

I may just be good at this game, I'm thinking. Haven't had anyone die in a long time.

I haven't had any casualties. :smugdog:

The canning protects your food from spoiling and causing food poisoning for a week or something.

losonti tokash
Oct 29, 2007

Le0 posted:

This game looks great, I already spotted it a while ago and only noticed that it got released now, of course I don't have an Xbox so I'm boned...

The OP says that PC release is before the end of 2013, has this been confirmed recently?

Also why the gently caress would a dev like them make such a game on the loving xbox? I can't think of a less suitable game type for consoles honestly...

What about it makes it unsuited to consoles?

losonti tokash
Oct 29, 2007

I had a guy go missing on Thursday and not show up until Sunday. It's weird sometimes.

losonti tokash
Oct 29, 2007

Welp, turns out the simulation doesn't stop after a day of no playing. Hadn't had time to play since Sunday so I came back to find my resources were mostly gone and infestations were everywhere. Then my cook blew himself up ten feet from the gate after being rescued for the tenth time.

losonti tokash
Oct 29, 2007

Lotish posted:

I came back after four and things hadn't advanced more than a day. I think you may have just had a bad day. Very very bad. :stare:

Has anyone had any luck getting .50 cal ammunition? I've gotten a few guns and would really like to use the .50 Anvil but I can't find any bullets besides what's already in the cylinder.

Well, I'm just guessing. I left with 90 food and -12 per day and came back to 40 food and 1 ammo.

losonti tokash
Oct 29, 2007

Soonmot posted:

You can only store so many over night. Without a warehouse it's 50. Extra is wasted.

I know, I'm at the farm which has a cap of 90.

losonti tokash
Oct 29, 2007

coyo7e posted:

my work uses EEG machines that rely on 30 year-old components and which run on win98

poo poo like this is so bizarre when you actually run into it. I work for my state's Medicaid division and while all of our computers use Windows 7, the actual software we use to interact with the database dates back to the early 80s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

losonti tokash
Oct 29, 2007

Bondematt posted:

33% Discount on Steam

Same on Xbox.

• Locked thread