Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The more I read about this game, the more excited I am getting. One of the first things that got me excited to get a 360 years ago was reading the Dead Rising 1 thread that was in games, reading about all the awesome stuff in the game, and when I got my 360 and Dead Rising I was very happy. I am hoping the same thing happens this time with this game after getting my two remaining 1200 points from the Microsoft Store deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I'm liking it a lot so far, but man I can't find any material. I just want to get some beds so I can speed up the long rear end nights.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

ImpAtom posted:

Do beds actually let you speed up nights? I have enough beds but I never get any option to do so.

I honestly don't know, I just hoping for a option to sleep instead of barely seeing at night and sending the "B-Team" out. Also I can't get the radio to work, as nobody responses when I select the option for the various food bundles I find.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
How do I get survivors to join my base. I saved a bunch of girls at their house, but they are not on the list of residents at the HQ. Need to get someone need to swap to since Marcus got hurted doing something offscreen while Maya just wants to sleep so I can't really use her for the time being.

Did find the option to look for materials and got some expansions coming my HQ through. :toot:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

muscles like this? posted:

I thought it was funny how in the vet clinic mission they freak out about cars when they're really the most effective way to travel.

The only good thing to come out of not using a car to leave is a zombie nest on the way there just got torn apart by the crew with me, rendering the area safer.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Just had my first survivor die and it was...Alan! He was the one who wanted to kill a Big Bastard out in the wild, and while we both fought it tooth and nail, he ultimately got ripped in half just as the thing finally died. :patriot:

In the meantime, Maya and another girl are missing, which I hope they return since Maya been getting most of the usage and was only being rested at the time.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

T3hRen3gade posted:

Is there a way to de-outpost a building or otherwise reset them? I initially took the Treehouse base and maxed my outposts in the neighborhood, but I moved to the bigger garage base and want to re-place my outposts more strategically in the new area. The wiki doesn't mention anything about it.

I remember seeing a option to remove them when looking at the HQ placement menu. I would select the outpost on the page and it had the information on what that outpost had and a option to remove it.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
drat, I somehow lost Sam around the time the Preacher died. Since Alan died the night before, the preacher was able to killed her before dying. :smith:

Also I really wish they would stop giving me trade missions where I am to give ammo for food when I have way more food in storage then anything.

Rirse fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jun 7, 2013

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Finding it funny whenever a missing survivor turns up after getting the farmhouse HQ, they will appear in the barn...ACROSS THE STREET. Jeez Ed, you did this twice already, just go home!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So is there anything to do with items like the alarm clock or broken toys besides putting them in storage?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Tyskil posted:

So holy poo poo Sam is a monster. She's got that "reflexes" trait that lets her get the sweep kick to replace her regular kick, and so far as I can tell that is pretty much an "everyone around you falls down when you push y" with no chance to resist. She can clear out infestations pretty much single handed now, it's ridiculous.

Also, to what extent are the survivors randomized? I know the people at the church are always the same but I've got some dude named Grady who is a good cook, would everyone that runs into a dude named Grady have the exact same guy? Does it pull from a batch of premade survivors and seed the area randomly?

Never seen a Grady unless he was part of a early group of survivor who died out. Also had one mission for Rebecca who when I returned to her house, it was full of zombies and she in up joining the group.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
drat, first time I ever killed a juggernaut without using a car or losing a survivor. That one was pretty interesting since he was wandering the field near the farm and while I saw him eariler, I ignored it since I hated fighting them, until the game gave me a quest to kill it with a alley. At that point it's hard to ignore unless I rather not have that person die.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Party Plane Jones posted:

I've never been able to actually kill a Juggernaut with a car. He doesn't even fall over unless he's already taken heaps of damage. I have rammed cars in him fast and hard enough for all 4 doors to go careening into the night, the front wheels to pop entirely off, and the engine to catch fire. Still livin'.

I haven't been able to either, but it knocks a lot of his health out that he tends to die to a few bullets or sledge hammer hits. I know it possible since one of the achievements is kill all the special inflected with a car.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Jonny Retro posted:

I watched a horde form last night. There were a bunch of loner zombies on the road in front of me, and they started to congregate together. When they all got next to each other I got the horde spotted message and it popped up on my mini-map. Of course I immediately plowed my pick up truck through them with a *honk* *honk* mother fuckers! Kind of neat little touch I thought.

You probably already know this, but sometimes random houses will have ammo stockpiles.

Also you can get trading mission to give food for ammo. Since food is pretty easy to find and can be grown, it's a good way to get more ammo.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

I'm still playing as Marcus mostly and have Marcus, Ed and Maya alive (among ~10 others including Jacob & Lily Ritter, Doc and Alan). Jacob has maxed out stats and literally destroys anything in his loving path. The only time I came close to losing him was my first encounter with a feral where he dropped to literally no health and my last round killed the zed.

Wait, Doc was suppose to join the group? He still alive since had a cutscene with Lilly and Ed at the farm house, but he not listed as a member of the survivors.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Man, Sam died in my game either to the preacher or just while on some random mission. That said, the lady who joined with Juan (think he is a pre-generated neighbor) got very strong now and probably taking Maya place since she keeps going missing almost everytime she isn't tired.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

As far as I can determine only the starting 3 can do the Memento quest where you get some crappy watch off Lily's father's body.

Is that quest still going on if I didn't do it right away? All three are alive, but it not on the map or being mentioned by Lilly anymore.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

You probably missed the opportunity.

Oh well, I still need to visit that area through, as it heavily infested, but I couldn't do anything at the time since it went dark and couldn't handle the horde around it.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Has anybody else noticed that the guard towers are being left vacant? I remember this was brought up a few pages ago. The answer then was something along the lines of 'look in your menu, you'll see somebody tasked with guarding'. My watchtower has somebody tasked to guard it, but they are never visibly there nor do they engage zombies that get close. This is almost as bad as the infestation bullshit (It's amusing how right after you clear an infestation, you'll get a -5 community morale due to too many infestations).

Also, none of my people are sleeping. They just mill around the base all day and 6 or 7 are constantly 'tired'.

He'll be alive if it's similar to my games.

Yeah, I had Maya about to get rip in half and it never happen next time.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Think I might take a break until the patch hits as it hard to play whenever every five minutes I get the "inflection everywhere" and someone usually Marcus or Maya disappears. That and it's getting annoying trying to get supplies when "horde is heading to your house NOW" or "someone wants to kill this special infected, help them or they DIE".

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The heavy weapon sweep move is so drat good. I gave it to one of the girls that joined with Juan (think they are pre-generated) along with the ability to suplex zombies. Now she turned into Frank West, just killing zombie hordes in about three attacks, as the sweep cuts them in half and anyone left just gets suplex and ripped in half. :black101:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

How does this happen? None of it has occurred in my game :O

My game returns your character to base if you exit and continue.

Yeah I did that method to warp Maya back from the campsite at the start back to the farmhouse after clearing out the two nests there.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Ugh, Ed is now in gravely ill after fighting a blotter and has the option to mercy kill him. :smith: Are they able to survive it if this happens or he good as dead?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I just quit the game and reloaded after not liking his reaction to kicking him out, and now instead of the mission, he just went missing instead. Eh, maybe he might pull through instead. :unsmith:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Man, I swear, the moment I try to go anywhere in this game, I get a "survivor wants to kill this special infected" or "this person is in trouble" mission, with any missing survivor turning up inbetween. I can't get anything done since if I ignore those missions, that person is dead.

Also had the really dumb moment of saving a person in a "search and rescue mission", then have them disappear, and two minutes later show up in the barn across the street for a missing survivor mission.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Korlac posted:

Ugh, I want the patch to drop soon. I really found so many of the bugs annoying, yet the game play was fun.

Yeah, I stopped playing completely since it just just too annoying having to hunt for missing survivors when I trying to get rid of infestations or do story missions.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I decided to start over with the new patch since I wasn't that happy with way were turning up, with Sam dead and Ed missing while wasting a lot of resources on a bad location. Took the suggestion of using the pre-church mission to scout out all the view points so the map is now full of locations to look for supplies now.

As for the patch I ran into the infestation and you weren't kidding about them being tougher. Instead of five zombies and a screamer, it was about twenty zombies and the screamer guarding it. Also is it me or nights don't seem as super dark now.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
One issue that wasn't bold that I am happy about is adding stick sensitivity. The camera is just too sluggish at the current pace and glad for this.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
That the only thing I get annoyed in this game is whenever someone is on "mission" because they want to do a trade request to sell ammo for food. There is a ton of food in the game already, so all those do is make me lose respect.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So the change to mercy shot missions is for people like the preacher or anyone who hasn't earned enough trust to be controllable, right?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Finally after starting over and rushing to get the Warehouse base. I got lucky early on and had a mission where three girls instantly joined, which combine with the two from the army missions and I had enough to move since all the houses near the church had several crates of lumber in them.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Well that interesting how fast Alan got the black plague. I get of course the mission that the preacher is sick, which of course Alan kills him. But almost literally a minute after I leave when everyone was yelling at him, he gets infected and has to be killed.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Bah, Maya died to a big bastard while doing a mission with Sam to kill one. At least Sam was able to finish the job when it gave me control and bought her stuff back. Since that happened I felt like getting rid of Macrus since I rather purge out the two starting characters. Since I lost two people, I had to get some new people, so the survivor call got me two new character, one is a dead ringer for Maya named Sophia who has a ton of fighting perks. So her 'sister' will carry on in Maya place :unsmith:

Also I do notice a minor but annoying bug with the patch at the warehouse. Where it keeps playing the "you have too much supplies, build a storehouse" when nothing even near max. Funny seeing this message about building material when I only had three in the HQ.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

AlanFrost posted:

I've been seeing strange things after starting a new game with TU2, and was wondering if anyone else was getting these?

Supplies over max and Influence over Fame are not draining down.
Doc has not come by, so ED is still sick; but I did the mission at the Wilkerson's to free him up. Story has progressed to where the Wilkersons are asking for a driver, I held off the zombies at the farm with the military, and I talked to the Judge.
The mission to go looking for another house has not appeared.

Should I restart again?

Weird, I know for sure I had the supplies draining down when it was max since I saw the building material amount drain from 70 to 62 over time and had Doc appear. I probably suggest restart.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Surprise it didn't get mentioend, but the Steam version is going to be showing up soon as a early access release. At first it will only have 360 controller support, but it will add mouse + keyboard controls as it gets updated more. They already said the PC release will have higher resolution and better framerate. No mod tools, but they happily support anything like Gibbed or Idolninja's reverse engineering of the codes to make mods to improve the game.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
PC version is out TOMORROW as a Early Access release. Hoping it has the planned next patch with the ability to recruit survivors.

http://undeadlabs.com/2013/09/news/greetings-pc-players-the-steam-release-date-is/

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Carecat posted:

Still can't set up a potential homesite to find out how they work. It doesn't give me any radio option to do it. 12 survivors, neighbors don't trust me enough to join me. I don't have enough construction resources to do it right now but earlier with plenty and 10 survivors I also had no option.

Have you got a mission from Jakob about scouting for new homes yet? I don't think you can move until that happens, unless he is dead then it skips it.

Also outposts can only be setup in buildings after both killing all zombies, clearing all dots on the minimap, and checking all possible spots where items are at (don't need to take them through). Then at the moment down on the D-Pad to pull up the radio menu and select Establish Outpost.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Carecat posted:

That was the problem. I cleared that and got enough supplies but I couldn't build because someone was missing on a mission, I rescued them but then they died due to a feral zombie. Then a character died due to the plot so I'm two people down and it's not giving me any missions to make the four groups of survivors I know join.

You can ask Lilly to hunt up survivors for your camp if you go to the camp menu (up d-pad and and to the page showing the base layout) and select the icon for the navigation. You then use some influence for Lilly to hunt up people to add, which usually takes 20 real time minutes. That gives about three or so people when it works.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Le0 posted:

Anyone knows what the plan with this game, are they planning to add more stuff or just make a playable PC port and then go on a new project?

I'm hooked right now. I was wondering the map in itself is not random correct? All the potential homes are always at the same spot?

Well they are still planning on adding a sandbox mode for free. Possible we might see something else as well since the game sold a ton on the 360 and looking to do the same on Steam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Shima Honnou posted:

There are two ways. The first is to swap out at home base with a character who's a friend, the character you just left will go dick around camp until he/she feels better. The other is to find something that boosts your stamina back up and use it, like trucker pills, or calling in a favor from Pastor Will. I think coffee will also do it but it's been a while since I've chugged one.

Also switching characters and turning off the game (for a few hours) lets the other character heal and rest as well.

• Locked thread