Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Godmachine posted:

I started at the Alamo. Did they add any new Homesites?

Not as far as I can tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Kasonic posted:

It's really too bad they never changed how calling for a scavenger worked, and nearby survivors still won't help you.

I discovered last night that the only survivors that won't help you are your own, for some reason. I was in very dire straits and being chased by a horde, and I limped into a neighbour's enclave. They proceeded to kick the poo poo out of the horde for me. Best neighbours.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Decided to mix things up and set up at the Fairgrounds instead of Snyder this time on Breakdown. To my surprise after reading this thread, the Fairgrounds are actually better :v: Though admittedly not by much. The big winners for me are that it doesn't waste a slot on a lovely built-in workshop that can never be upgraded, and it's got assloads of parking. Also, the surrounding buildings are very well placed for outposts.

Setting up there allowed me to skate through level 1 with absolute ease. Decided to try the MacReady house for level 2, and hot drat it is going downhill fast :saddowns:

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Tommofork posted:

The built in workshop at Snyder is a machine shop, i.e. good. It's not a wasted slot.

Really? I spent awhile trying to suss out what it actually did from its stats page, it seems to just be a regular workshop. I've never gotten a machine shop there.

gently caress the ROW posted:

Grenade launcher watch tower NPCS: gee thanks for blowing up all my carsss

My reaction when this happened to me was to immediately execute by horde the perpetrator. :commissar:

Then I destroyed all the grenade launchers we had in a fit of rage, which I am now regretting.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

The Cutting Machine Blade is an edged weapon with 5 durability, for what it's worth.

edit: got the name wrong

Good Lord Fisher! fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Dec 3, 2013

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Tommofork posted:

The built in workshop at Snyder is a machine shop, i.e. good. It's not a wasted slot.

Quoting this from 2 pages ago to admit that this is quite correct, contrary to what I said earlier. I set up at Snyder again just now and realised that the only explicit mention of it being a machine shop anywhere is on the menu option to clean it up. It is totally a machine shop, though. My bad. :saddowns:

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Flame112 posted:

Probably not a lot of hordes, though!

Every time I go up to the Ranger Station on supply runs I end up in the middle of at least 3 hordes, so I think you'd be unpleasantly surprised.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Mental Midget posted:

Regarding the Ranger Station in Breakdown, take note that the bridge is not there. I learned this the hard way when I hit the gap with a cop car at full speed. I didn't clear the jump.

It's actually pretty easy to clear that jump in any car except the lovely blue pickup, as long as you make sure to hit it dead straight. After some experimentation and practice, I have about an 80% success rate clearing it :v:

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Blackray Jack posted:

I have a question. Since the RV Breakdown mode is a thing now, did they do this for the 360 version of their game or is this a PC only thing? I'm doing my best to catch up with the thread otherwise.

It's DLC on 360 as well.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

I always confiscate all grenade launchers ever since I had a mysterious rash of all my cars exploding.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

FrickenMoron posted:

Eh Juggernauts die to a few headshots usually, molotovs also help a lot. Ferals are bullshit though, if you get caught unaware you are dead.

Ferals are cake, just drop kick them twice (the second one will take) and do a finisher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Omi no Kami posted:

I finally got home away from home, so I'll see what changes once I start upgrading things... Synder is the best long-term facility if I'm going for a hueg base with tons of buddies, right?

Yeah, Snyder or the Fairgrounds are really the only two big-name base locations if you're looking for your own li'l army.

• Locked thread