Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
I'm not sure why you're overly concerned about running at the max of the max. Like Crysis 3, it is beautiful even under less than premium conditions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Seriously considering pre-ordering this, but I hope this game's hardcore mode has more thought put into it than the one in Metro 2033. Metro 2033 seemed poorly planned out, with most of the game's gas mask filters being available for purchase at the very beginning of the game, followed by a long period where you were operating off of whatever you happened to buy/scrounge. The problem was that "Ranger" mode took away the ability to salvage pretty much any filters you scavenged, so it was trivially easy to run out of air by the time you got to the "Library" level. Apparently Artyom doesn't have the heart to say that he has 30 seconds worth of air left and he's not going to step outside until he can buy or bum an extra filter off of somebody. If you know ahead of time that you need to buy a ridiculous number of filters, you can circumvent the problem, but it's still kind of stupid that the game didn't take this into consideration.

Are you sure it changed how many filters you received as well? I've never ever had any problems with running out, and I've never bought any. :shrug:

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
I really hope they're as retarded powerful in this game as they are in 2033. You can kill people with one hit anywhere on their body (best place is the lower legs, rarely armor down there) and it's almost always silent.

Shoot a guy in the head with a tihar? AUUUGAUUUUUUUUUAGUHAGHGAUAAAAUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Throwing knife to the leg? *silence*

It's really what makes sneaking even viable.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
I think you'll find that spoiler makes very little difference to the ending you're about to see.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
uggghh why isn't this out yet? I can't stay up all night on you Metro!

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
Update your drivers and offer a prayer to Marx

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
Marathon'd it last night/this morning. It's a good game, but it was not the Metro that I...expected.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
When they say no HUD, they mean literally no HUD.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Zylen posted:

If there was one game I was not expecting boob and butt jiggle physics, Metro: Last Light was it.

I just felt embarrassed every time I saw it. It seems so out of place. Especially near the end (spoilers for ending) with the sex scene. I mean, really. First she hates you, then she disappears, reappears and thinks you're interesting. Then she's in love with you and wants to save the dark ones.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Red Mundus posted:

Decided to go back and finally try and beat Metro 2033 before starting this one.

About Metro 2033 stealth. Is it even worth trying to stealth until I get the NVG's and stealth suit? Every attempt just usually ended with me going Rambo and feeling bad afterwards.

Crouch all the time, use nothing but throwing knives, and you'll make it through silently. If you use guns (even the pneumatic ones) you will probably be found out. I've managed a full stealth run through the game, and it really isn't THAT bad. You do need to be slow and plan your route though.

DoctorStrangelove posted:

So what exactly is the bad ending? I got the one where Artyom blows himself up, and all the commies along with him. Anna has a babby, and the Dark Ones promise to return and help the humans. I did kill a bunch of people, but still went for knock-outs when it was possible. I also stopped a bunch of rapes, murders and released prisoners whenever I could. I also spared Pavel and Leninsky. If I didn't do this, would the ending be completely depressing instead of somewhat bittersweet but still pretty :unsmith:?

Nope, that's the bad ending.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
If you have claymores, dropping a clay in front of the bear will instantly make her weakness vulnerable. Changed that fight from infuriating to laughable.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

Sorry that would require moving towards them.

Really anything that isn't running away from them at top speed is a bad decision I feel

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Mr. Fowl posted:

Oh well, I still managed to no-kill Red Square--that was a blast.

HOW?!

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
I hope that trailer manages to sell more copies of the game, goddamn.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Scyron posted:

Like I said before though too, There is no way ingame to check what you have or don't have and it asks for me to repurchase DLC I already outright own, which no other game on steam does. The other games will flatout show, I already own the license, that is why I bring it up.

I don't want to assume it is all properly installed because then I should be able to pickup whatever DLC and play it, but that is not the case.

Whatever, I'll just go through RHC, then I guess I can play the DLC? I didn't want to playthrough the whole game again just to play STALKER in the library. It is overly convoluted, stupid and right up there with NO HUD whatsoever for RHC, even when in a safezone and all the time in the world to check the backpack.

Recommend you try "chapters" and then hit q

MadBimber fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jul 30, 2013

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
Do they still call him BORBONE ?

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Sphrin posted:

Thank god I knew how to deal with the Librarians this time otherwise I never would have made it.

If your method is anything but throwing five knives at their head, then you still don't have it right. Throw knives at everything, be a real ranger.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
Pavel can and always will stay trapped in that arm forest as far as I'm concerned.

No mercy for Judas :emo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
Anybody know a way to rip the soundtrack from these games? I'm not familiar with the .vfs archive file type, but there are a couple songs (maybe redux only?) in game that do not appear on the commercial soundtrack.

• Locked thread