Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Charlie Brown
Oct 4, 2000

Infiltrates Your Skull
I was pleasantly surprised when I got my keys from GMG today and I started preloading.
Dunno why, but I didn't think that this game was out for months yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charlie Brown
Oct 4, 2000

Infiltrates Your Skull

Evek posted:

Okay so I figured what the hell and preordered on GMG. I got 3 keys but only two seem to work. The third one is very short and won't activate on Steam. Anyone else get this?

It's not a Steam key.
Use it here.

Charlie Brown
Oct 4, 2000

Infiltrates Your Skull

Fraser CDN posted:

I have to say Chapter 5 of Metro 2033 is amazing. This is exactly how I wanted the whole game to be like, its dark, and scary. Ive actually jumped from some of the tricks the Liberians use.

I know it's a typo, but I laughed so hard when I read 'Liberian'.
:-D

Charlie Brown
Oct 4, 2000

Infiltrates Your Skull

JebanyPedal posted:

The guy who directed Stalker is one of the most influential filmmakers of his generation and is considered one of the best directors to have ever touched film.

Tarkovskiy was amazing.
If anyone on here hasn't heard of him, he's definitely worth checking out.

Charlie Brown
Oct 4, 2000

Infiltrates Your Skull
Total Biscuit has a video up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWimz-duun8

Charlie Brown
Oct 4, 2000

Infiltrates Your Skull

havenwaters posted:

That's apparently all THQ's fault and Deep Silver got publishing rights of the game too late to change things.

e: http://steamcommunity.com/app/43160/discussions/0/810924134054557610/

Source is the community manager's last info dump.

Wow, the comments remind me about why I avoid the Steam forums.

Charlie Brown
Oct 4, 2000

Infiltrates Your Skull

Lord Yod posted:

So how do you use throwing knives? I'm trying to play on ranger hardcore mode and there is literally no interface at all.

'Secondary Fire' (default C)

Charlie Brown
Oct 4, 2000

Infiltrates Your Skull
Last Light feels very well optimised.
Runs better for me than Metro 2033 does.

Really really enjoying it so far.

Charlie Brown
Oct 4, 2000

Infiltrates Your Skull
I'm playing Ranger Normal and I'm finding it a bit too easy.
Might switch to Hardcore before I get too far in.

Leb, I had no idea how to bring up the charger until your post.
Thanks!

Charlie Brown
Oct 4, 2000

Infiltrates Your Skull
I have had a few hard crashes when playing, I thought it was just me.

Apart from that, the game is VERY smooth.

Charlie Brown
Oct 4, 2000

Infiltrates Your Skull

RBA Starblade posted:

I still don't have that (apparently terrible) comic that came with the game. Is there a download for that anywhere on Steam?

Want my code?
I have no interest in ever using it.

PM me.

Charlie Brown
Oct 4, 2000

Infiltrates Your Skull

RBA Starblade posted:

I've got a code, I just see nowhere to use it at.

here

Charlie Brown
Oct 4, 2000

Infiltrates Your Skull

Cheston posted:

Anybody who's gotten the season pass- where does the shotgun show up? I started a new playthrough before buying it, and I think I need to start over.

Apparently, it shows up at almost ever vendor for people on Ranger mode, but it only shows up in the high-end shops for Regular.

Charlie Brown
Oct 4, 2000

Infiltrates Your Skull

folgore posted:

Playing 2033 for the first time, I'm guessing there's no way to get the random chit-chat translated to English subtitles? I wanted to use the Russian voices for MY IMMERSION, but if a lot of lines aren't subbed then I guess I'll have to switch back to English.

Sadly, there's no way of doing it.
In some ways, not understanding what they're saying added to my immersion, but I also played it through a second time in English to see what they were saying.

Charlie Brown
Oct 4, 2000

Infiltrates Your Skull
I've been enjoying 2033 Redux, mostly because the engine is slick enough to let me play it in 3d.
I'm not a huge fan of 3d games, but this works SO well.

It has also been sufficiently long enough since I played through it, that it mostly seems fresh.

Is there a huge difference between Last Light and Last Light RR?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charlie Brown
Oct 4, 2000

Infiltrates Your Skull

Xander77 posted:

People in this thread mentioned that each Redux version is supposed to be 12$ if you already own the games. Was that an offer limited by location / time / something, because I definitely have both game on my steam account, but each Redux version costs 24$.

It's not unlocked everywhere.
I'm in the UK, but playing with a VPN.

Do you want me to attempt to gift it to you at the reduced price?

edit: ignore that, it has gone up

• Locked thread