Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I also won two different sets of brushes and didn't end up receiving either. I don't really mind either way, but I figured you guys might want to know for reasons of further dealings with those sponsors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Lord Hypnostache posted:

I hate to sound like a broken record, but I'm still missing my Games & Gears brushes, as well as Springer-Pinsel brushes. Just thought I'd mention it, since many other people reported receiving them. I also accidentally ruined couple of essential brushes, so I'd like to know if there's some coming my way before I buy new ones. It's not a big deal, but I'm just curious.

counterspin posted:

I also won two different sets of brushes and didn't end up receiving either. I don't really mind either way, but I figured you guys might want to know for reasons of further dealings with those sponsors.

Don't be shy and shout up if you haven't received your loot! Lord Hynostache - GnG was given your details last June but I'll re-send them your info, I've sent off a bunch of names & addresses that didn't get their brushes first time around and your name wasn't one of them. The folks getting their brushes now are from the second go-round of 'hey our people didn't get their brushes!'. Counterspin - same deal with you, and for both of you, I've got your Springer-Pinsel brushes ready to post out this week!

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
As long as we're announcing things we haven't gotten yet, I'm still waiting on those Games N' Gears brushes and Dragonforge bases. It's all gravy at this point so I don't really mind if they don't show up, but I can always use new brushes. 37th out of ~170 oathers this season doesn't look too bad for a first timer anyway. :dance:

EDIT: vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv Yay, thanks!

Dr. Red Ranger fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jun 4, 2014

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
I too am missing the G'n'G double brushes. (Thanks for reminding me, guys!)

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
OK, have added you both to the 'missing GnG brushes, still, after the end of the season' list!

Dr. Red Ranger - your info was also passed to Dragon Forge in May, so you'll be getting your bases at some point!

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Same here for the Games n Gears. I won them in like, January? I think. No big hurry though.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

krushgroove posted:

Don't be shy and shout up if you haven't received your loot!

The problem as I see it, is that beyond you or another gift-giver posting in the thread, no one really KNOWS when something is supposed to be shipped out. There's no e-mail notification from the companies involved, or at least not that I'm aware of. It'd be nice if the sponsors did this, possibly with a tracking number too. I won some swag for getting second place, but I have no idea when I might be getting any of them.

While on the subject, I never got that Blood Angels captain from way back.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

It's only just now occurring to me that I could have added a "received?" column next to all prize columns in the spreadsheet, so we could formally track if/when people got their prizes.

I'm sure part of the issue is that some prize sponsors are mailing stuff directly (including Games n' Gears) so Krush just sends them a list of addresses, and then we have no idea if/when they've shipped anything if the prize recipient doesn't let us know they got it.

And some goons just disappear partway through the oath year, so even posting a bunch in the thread doesn't get a response from every goon who won something but never got it.

I'll suggest to Krushgroove & Iris of Ether that tracking price receipt in the spreadsheet might be a good idea for the 2014/15 oath thread.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Dagon I'll add you to the list of 3rd-wave reminders to GnG. You weren't on the first or second wave of 'poke and prod' emails I sent to them because I only started getting responses back from them in December and January, I think, so your request wasn't old enough at that time to be on the list. There are people still waiting from June last year, so I'm collecting the names of people waiting and am going to re-send them again.

Unfortunately no there is no way for me to know exactly who's been sent what from the prize sponsors - they don't send me any tracking numbers or anything like that. In many cases they've pledged to send us hundred of dollar's worth of stuff on nothing more than a series of emails, and I can only pester them so much. So I have to be gentle in my requests but firm in saying 'hey, these people were promised this stuff...' Luckily the people I'm talking with are all customer support or marketing people, so they recognize that it's important to keep things on the up-and-up with potential customers.

Slimnoid - your BA Captain is definitely going out this week, I think he was gifted in that first month I realized I was getting swamped with prizes to send out and everything was pushed back to the end of the season...which is now! So yes you will be getting him soon :)

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Leperflesh posted:

It's only just now occurring to me that I could have added a "received?" column next to all prize columns in the spreadsheet, so we could formally track if/when people got their prizes.

I'm sure part of the issue is that some prize sponsors are mailing stuff directly (including Games n' Gears) so Krush just sends them a list of addresses, and then we have no idea if/when they've shipped anything if the prize recipient doesn't let us know they got it.

And some goons just disappear partway through the oath year, so even posting a bunch in the thread doesn't get a response from every goon who won something but never got it.

I'll suggest to Krushgroove & Iris of Ether that tracking price receipt in the spreadsheet might be a good idea for the 2014/15 oath thread.

We've already discussed and agreed to add that column...maybe 3-4 days ago, actually. :) It'll happen as soon as I find and reattach my brain, oh god.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Speaking of, I have no idea if Red Shoe received the special one off prize from me as he never got back to me, I just assumed he had it :ohdear:

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Once I get told whats left in the grab bag for my mega grab bag I will let you know what I want and what can go into the next seasons grab bag.

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!

NTRabbit posted:

Speaking of, I have no idea if Red Shoe received the special one off prize from me as he never got back to me, I just assumed he had it :ohdear:

I did, thank you!

Monoliths
Jul 7, 2009

Wayland games made contact with me with the gift certificate details, and even threw in free shipping! Jolly nice indeed.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
I know the Games and Gears guys ran low on stock at some point (which is good for them) so that may explain any delays. My set is waiting for me at my family place, so that's a nice surprise when I visit this week :3:

Mmtheblue
Jul 25, 2007

...Out of this period a particularly cunning and strong Ork will emerge as the leader and the other Orks will gather round him...
I didn't get the Games & Gears prize yet either, but I'm in no hurry.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Oh hey DZC received! I thought it would be the plastic 2-player starter, and am pleasantly surprised with the resin UCM box! And the full-on rulebook!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Nice, that was quick 2-day service. Enjoy!

I still owe Illudere some choices for the Whales prize - sorry Illudere, it's been pretty chaotic at home and I don't want to half-rear end it.

Illudere
Jan 12, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

I still owe Illudere some choices for the Whales prize - sorry Illudere, it's been pretty chaotic at home and I don't want to half-rear end it.

The pressures only growing!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ok here we go.
:orks101:Illudere! Pick Your Prize!:orks:

Just to fill everyone in, Illudere is this year's Whales winner. After chatting with him a bit to find out what sorts of figures he likes to paint (it's historicals, 10mm stuff, nature things, and monsters. Well... I've got monsters!), I've put together some customized prize packages for him to pick from. If you see stuff you like here, you could win it! All you have to do is... well, fail an oath in the Season 5 thread, which you shouldn't do but just in case you do then you redeem it by finishing the oath in a later month, and you get an entry in the prize pool. If you don't see something you like, well, maybe I've got something you'd like! Because this is customized, see, is the point.

And if you win but I have nothing you like, well, you can always take the gift cert option.

Ok anyway. Illudere! Here are the Options!

Option A: Assorted Monsters
This option consists of nine loose vintage miniatures. Each mini has been painstakingly identified using various online miniature databases, to the best of my ability.
Here's a photo of all of them:

On the top row, from left to right, we have:
1. "Winged Gremlin," a Ral Partha figure dating to 1979. 1978 was the first year RP published their catalog, and this mini is numbered 01-005; however this is "version 2" which means the original casting was likely altered some time in 1979, because the second printing of the catalog re-used that number for a slightly different figure. This was apparently common in those days! In any case this is from the very first generation of "fantasy" miniatures - there are older lead figures, but they're almost entirely historicals.
2. "Stalking Kree-Ack," a Grenadier figure from the Dragon Lords set number2012, "Subterranean Terrors", sculpted by John Dennett. This is a two-part figure: the middle bit, with the mouth and two eye stalks, is loose and has to be glued or pinned into place. A really bizarre aberration, one of the weirdest monsters you'll come across, and yet somehow kind of cute in its own way.
3. "Hippocampus and Merman," a Grenadier figure sculpted by Andrew Chernak that appeared in the "Encounter at Skull Harbor" Dragon Lords set in 1988, but may have been sold in a blister or individually as well.
4. "Female Giant #2," a Ral Partha figure released in 1985 as a replacement for the same serial numbered "Female Giant" figure that is also included in this set as #9, below! This is a nicely detailed figure that is remarkable in part because it's a female figure wearing realistic, non-cheesecake armor: proof that even in 1985, that was actually a thing that you could buy.
5. "Storm Giant," also from the Ral Partha catalog circa 1983; this dude has huge bushy eyebrows and flowing hair, kind of a fun gianty sculpt!
Second row, left to right:
6. "Alternate Djinn," a Grenadier figure from possibly 1980 or possibly slightly later. The Grenadier AD&D set "Tomb of Spells" has three versions, all with the same serial number and released at various times during and after 1980; this djinn replaced a different djinn sculpt at some point, although another source suggests this wasn't in any of those first three sets, so it might have been a fourth replacement, or it might just be bad information from the Lost Minis wiki. Either way, it's a fun genie type guy coming out of a pot!
7. "Lizardman Champion," a 1980 Grenadier figure that was included in the AD&D Action Art #8002 "Monsters" box set, but may also have been sold separately. This guy has a kind of twisty lance thing for a weapon, and his sculpting style matches the lizardmen in the Denizens of the Swamp set below, suggesting possibly the same sculptor.
8. "Fungus Men," a mushroom man character sold by RAFM in 1985. Sculpted by Carol Moyer. Kind of a goofy looking guy with a mushroom cap for a head, but if you've ever played old-school D&D you'd know that shriekers are a thing every AD&D cave-based adventure invariably included.
9. "Female Giant #1," the companion figure to Female Giant #2. This female giant has a more primitive, fur-based garb and wields a big spiky club. She's partially painted, but some simple green should fix her up.

Here's some detailed shots for you to scrutinize:

Option B: The Best of Ral Partha 10-301: Demon, Trolls, Orcs and Goblins
This is a complete, still in the box, but terribly painted set of goons sculpted by the venerable Tom Meier and released by Ral Partha at some point. My source doesn't give a date. The cover art was painted in 1979, and all the figures have base dates of 1977-79, but since this is a "best of" collection it could have been made any time before Ral Partha went busto. I'd guess that it's probably from the early to mid 1980s, though!

Here are some photos:

As you can see, they've all been partially painted... badly. I believe these can be stripped, but some of the paint has that glossy look that suggests it might be enamel, which might require different stripper than the Simple Green I usually use on acrylic.

I think these models have a lot of character, though, and I particularly like the yellow guy on the right here who is pounding on a drum.

There's a fragment of metal included which might be someone's weapon although I don't see any broken weapons among the models included, so it might be from a different mini.

Option C: Official Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 12 Metal Miniatures Fighters, Rangers & Paladins Box Set No. 5301!

Here we have a complete, still in the box, with the original foam set of 12 D&D character models released by TSR in 1983! As you can see from the below photos, three or four of these have a little paint, although none of them are complete and two of them show signs of having been stripped prior to complete painting. All are in a good condition ready to take primer.

There are four or five minis with missing weapons in the bunch, and I don't have the missing parts, so you will have to glue on something to replace those lost bitz. Shouldn't be too much trouble, and as high-lead content figures, all of these guys are re-poseable to some degree, much more than the hard lead-free pewter alloys minis have been made with since ~1990.

Option D: Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 2010 "Denizens of the Swamp" by Grenadier Models Inc.!
Here we have a complete set of figures, but unfortunately missing all of the original packaging. There's also a weapon missing from #A, Lizardman, sword, and #D, Sahaugin is missing the top of his staff. Otherwise this set is complete. There is paint on all but two of the figures, and some of it may be enamel, so this is another job for the stripping bucket if you decide you want to re-paint them.
There are some good photos here of the individual figures if the ones I took are too dark.

I also have to point out that the giant snake is adorable. He has two big goofy fangs that you really can't see well in the photos.

Option E: Enter the Exciting world of Fantasy with the Citadel Miniatures Monsters Starter Set!
Set BC2, THIS IS NOT A TOY, made in england and (unlike everything else on offer today) actually purchased by yours truly in 1989, this is a complete set of 1980s-era Citadel monster figures. Well. They say they're monsters, but really it's a really early chaos warrior, a dark elf, a hobgoblin, a goblin, an orc, a "lesser goblin", and then I guess the Ogre Champion and the Vicious Giant Wolf could count as monsters?

Hooboy. OK. So these two guys, yeah, uh... that's my paint jobs there, two of my very earliest, painted with craft store water-based acrylic. You can strip them if you want, I won't be offended. I think that orc is probably my very first attempt at highlighting ever.

The ogre's weapon is snapped off, but included. A little dab of superglue and she'll be right as rain.

And I think this is kind of cool, it's interesting to see how far Citadel's come with the aesthetic of their chaos warriros. This guy has a really cool sculpted shield (it has a bit of ink on it but isn't actually painted).

Option F: A $25 Dollar Gift Certificate from the Online Retailer of Your Choice!

OK so here's the deal. After putting these together I realized a couple of the options are a little light. So:

Illudereif you pick Option D, I will throw in the Lizardman Champion from Option A, for free! He goes with those lizardmen anyway.
If you pick Option A, I will throw in two Mystery Miniatures of my choice from my stash! These won't be monsters. Probably it'll be adventurers of some type or another; basically, a character with a weapon. I think that should even the score out a bit.

So feel free to pore over your options, and ask anything you want about any of the figures. I can take a fresh close-up or two if you want to see details for example. And, of course, I will not be even slightly insulted if you decide these crappy old figures are not your bag: just go with Option F, and you can get whatever you want, as long as whatever you want costs $25 or less. :)

Oh and I can throw in some bases for any of these guys if you need bases.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jun 8, 2014

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

Orc with Scimitar in the Ral Partha group is rad as hell! The last option is def. the coolest altogether, though. I like the old chaos models from the days when chaos meant a mohawk and a rainbow paint job.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I guess I should mention that all of these models contain lead. Use reasonable precautions, do not chew, do not allow small children to play with them, wash your hands.

Illudere
Jan 12, 2005
Wow, I can see why it took some time to get that written up. I like the proportions of the D&D minis in option C and they are as old as I am, which is fun. That giant snake in set D is cool. I think the minis in option A look the most fun to paint with some good variety and the female giant #2 in that set is my favorite mini out of all the options so I'll choose option A!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Excellent choice! I will throw in a couple of mystery minis and send that off as soon as possible.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Got my prize from Bachtere, great job!

edit: just noticed his bent sword/axe/maquahuitl, don't worry, it straightened out fine.

Dagon fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jun 9, 2014

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

krushgroove posted:

:siren: Goons who donated prizes!...UPDATED! :siren:

1 Ineptmule for your themed model group prizes
2 Manifest for your bits prizes
3 Bachtere for your painted figures to a lucky winner every quarter!
4 Arlaharen - $75 towards the prize of your choice!
5 liljonas a Grand Prize for your sub-25mm army painters, AND another random prize for anyone who paints any sub-25mm oath!
6 Mr.Booger - several Grab Bag prizes
7 Namelos - more Grab Bag prizes plus books from the Black Library!
8 Pierrethemime - once again, Oathbreaker avatars!
9 Tadhg - for the second year, a fantastic Grand Prize - ANY Games Workshop starter set!
10 Thundercloud - boxed and bagged Grab Bag prizes
11 Zhent - $100 towards a set of gift vouchers for our mini-competitions!
12 Signal - Grab Bag prizes
13 Maniac Matt - Grab Bag prizes
14 Vondizimo - TWO special one-off prizes!
15 Slimnoid - a special one-off prize!
16 djfooboo - Grab Bag prizes
17 NTRabbit - a special one-off prize!
18 IrvingWashington - stone-cold CASH donation to help out (quite a lot) with postage costs!

Time to draw this prize! I added numbers above and I'm just gonna roll 1d18 on Orokos:
Donated a Prize Prize: 1d18 2

Manifest is the winner!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Woo-hoo! One Minitaire starter set is on its way to you :)

I'll be collecting the sub-25mm completed Oaths into a photo album all on their own so lilljonas can make his selection for another Tiny Troops prize!

I had to trek to Spain last weekend so I'm a little behind getting everything into the mail but I promise EVERYTHING EVERYONE is waiting for...and I know many of you have been waiting a long time, so thanks again for all y'alls patience!

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

So hey, I got my set of Minitaire paints in today!

...except it's just the starter set. It didn't come packaged with the full set of ghost tints, just the oil discharge one from the starter set. I mean hey, it's still really awesome paint (especially with the new air compressor I just got today too!) and I'm super grateful, but uh, yeah. Is it being shipped separately, or a package error, or what? And is there a way to contact them and inform them, assuming this is a mistake?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
OK, I'm on it, looks like a simple miscommunication. Sorry about that.

I'm waiting on one of the other prize sponsors for Season 4 to confirm, that should sort out the last 2 people waiting for their prizes.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Thanks. I kinda figured there was something like that going on.

Illudere
Jan 12, 2005
Whales prize received! Thank you Leperflesh, I'm looking forward to oathing some of these next month. Also, thanks for tossing in the bonus minis.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Slimnoid posted:

Thanks. I kinda figured there was something like that going on.

Your missing Ghost Tints will be coming to you from the UK, so it may be a week or two!

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

krushgroove posted:

Your missing Ghost Tints will be coming to you from the UK, so it may be a week or two!

Awesome, thanks!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Illudere posted:

Whales prize received! Thank you Leperflesh, I'm looking forward to oathing some of these next month. Also, thanks for tossing in the bonus minis.

Hey, you're welcome. It'll be great to see these figures painted up and enjoyed, as they were meant to be!

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

Just posting to say I received my prize in the mail today. Thanks Tadhg!

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

I got the rest of my Minitaire paint in today! Much thanks to the sponsors for their gifts.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Not a moan or a chase of any sort, just wondering if anyone else had received their Zombicide season 2 sets yet? and who was the other person who picked the KR option, have you had yours yet? I keep forgetting about them :D

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Slimnoid posted:

I got the rest of my Minitaire paint in today! Much thanks to the sponsors for their gifts.
Awesome! Glad to hear it, I'll let them know you're very happy :)

enri posted:

Not a moan or a chase of any sort, just wondering if anyone else had received their Zombicide season 2 sets yet? and who was the other person who picked the KR option, have you had yours yet? I keep forgetting about them :D

I'll ask CMoN what's happening but treading lightly with them because I haven't had any response to them sponsoring this time around...but tbh I'd give that up if they just send out everything they said they would. I will drop them a message today.

With KR Multicase, things are iffy with them because the person ThisWayLiesMadness and I were talking to left the company a year ago, and they have to decide if they're going to honor their promise to give us prizes. Apparently she never shared the prize promise with the people in charge! This is why I've asked everyone who is buying a KR case to tell them you heard about KR from the Oath Thread. I last spoke with them a week ago and the tournament/prize person in charge hasn't made up their mind yet, hopefully word of several orders coming off the back of this sponsorship will push them in the right direction.

And while I'm at it, I'm sending out ALL of the prize stuff from Season 4 THIS WEEK FOR SURE, so you can start expecting your prize loot (at least from the stuff I had on hand) very soon.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Oh my! Does that include the scenery prizes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
And just to add to the conversation, have the grab bag prizes gone out yet? I'm looking forward to my Judge Dredd and Dice carrying dude.

• Locked thread