Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
I, Galaspar, oath to paint this Chaos Lord by Games Workshop in May

He's not really converted, just a more imposing backpack and a Night Lords back banner from an old skeleton shield. Not sure what fevered part of my imagination the curved, skeletal banner pole came from, but it seems to work, and might help protect those ridiculously fragile horns from damage on the tabletop. I like to think it's prehensile, and snakes around as he strikes a pose.

Also, a chance to use the Dragon Forge base I won last year, major thanks to the sponsors for that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
I got a thing in the post today!

I told Backno that there was no hurry sending me my prize from the 2011 oath thread, and it really was worth the wait

Satisfyingly chunky terrain, and the factory paint-job's not bad either

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Oath Complete!

EDIT: Bonus shot on plain background

Detektuv’s Jurnal

Galaspar fucked around with this message at 17:43 on May 31, 2013

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
With June fast ticking away, Galaspar will oath four Imperial Guardsmen and a Lascannon Team
Theses are conversions mixing parts from Games Workshop, Victoria Lamb and Dragon Forge

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Oath Complete

Battle Damage is visible on the front of the gun carriage, and the nasty eye wound one of the troopers has sustained.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006

Leperflesh posted:

I have you down on the spreadsheet as having done a conversion, and I have an After photo, but not a Before. Did we already talk about this? If not, can you supply a before photo, showing the unconverted models?

Sorry about that, you can remove me from the conversion bit of the spreadsheet. I didn't remember to take a before picture, and most of the work I did was kit-bashing - there's no real conversion here. I'll do a proper, documented conversion another month.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
I, Galaspar, oath this Chaos Lord of Khorne by Games Workshop

He's got a few small conversions already, but he'll have another soon. Note the standard sword currently in his hand (and kindly disregard the bluetac, it's just so I can remove the arm for easier choppinz).

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Is it too late to say that my June oath was a themed group ?

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006

Galaspar posted:

I, Galaspar, oath this Chaos Lord of Khorne by Games Workshop

He's got a few small conversions already, but he'll have another soon. Note the standard sword currently in his hand (and kindly disregard the bluetac, it's just so I can remove the arm for easier choppinz).

Cut and swap time!

Where once was sword, now is axe!

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
oath failed

Galaspar fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Aug 1, 2013

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
For August I, Galaspar, oath this Chaos Rhino. It's a 28m Warhammer 40,000 miniature by Games Workshop

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Yeah, it's from the Possessed. I've been scattering parts from one of those kits in my conversions for a year or two, some really striking components.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006

krushgroove posted:

:siren: FELLOW GOONS :siren:

ENTER YE THE HALL OF BROKEN OATHS
sorry this is late

GAZE YE UPON THIS LIST OF SHAME AND REMEMBER
bhsman
Bionic Psyker
Fuegan
Fyrbrand
Galaspar
Grabpot Thundergust
KamNZ
lovestick*
Loxbourne
lunchbox624
OneTrueBru
PierreTheMime
Pierzak
tasty food
Thundercloud
YF19pilot

I was told that I might be being too harsh on the Oathbreakers, so no more mugshots...unless there's a big outcry for them

Whosoever wishes to claim the Oathbreaker Avatar of Penitence to have it permanently bonded to their future communicades with your fellow goons, and thus attempt to regain an infinitesimal fraction of your lost honour, may claim the honour within 24 hours, and a fight to the death shall ensue, with the victor claiming the Oathbreaker Avatar of Penitence for all time. (In plain English: No one is required to take the avatar. If you want the Oathbreaker avatar (see it below), in the 24 hours after this post is live, just post in this thread that you want it, and there will be a random draw to see who gets it - but no changing your avatar after you get it!)

"I'm saying more than that, Captain. You failed that oath! Failed it!"

*The only person ineligible for this avatar is lovestick...who already has an Oathbreaker avatar from this oathing season!

Yeah, I accept the shame, and I'll gladly wear the sack-cloth of this avatar while I chew on the ashes of my failure.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006

krushgroove posted:

Well you're the only one that wants the Oathbreaker avatar this month (and so many recidivists! again!), so it's all yours!

Thanks!

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Oath Complete

Detektuv's Log inspired the verdigris and the dirt on the tracks. Also all the dried gore dripping from the hooks and crucifixes.

The shields down the side belong to various squads in my army (heresy-pattern World Eaters, Word Bearers, Night Lords and Death Guard) so I can play it with any unit that needs it. Fluffwise, it's either the warlord demonstrating mastery over his vassal warbands, or just a rather grisly pool car.

Galaspar fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Aug 31, 2013

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Was hoping it would be freehand this month, really want to practice that.

For September I oath these 5 Space Marine Terminators. 28mm, Games Workshop, Space Hulk / Warhammer 40,000.

Apologies to Dr. Gargunza for pinching your basing idea, it was too good not to try!

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006

Dr. Gargunza posted:

Hey, steal away! You already seem to be doing it more sensibly than I did; have fun converting! (What are you using for the grids on those bases, by the way? It looks much more feasible than my embarassing greenstuff impressions of a fluorescent-light-fixture cover.)

It's this stuff:

http://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/darice-needlecraft-supplies-square-plastic-canvas-shapes-x10/570428-1000

Cheap, easy to snip up, and you get loads for other projects. Seems to repel glue, but a quick pin through the model's feet fixes than. I was inspired (in the sense of Ali Baba and the 40 Inspirers) by this blog:

http://fromthewarp.blogspot.co.uk/2009/09/deathwing-for-space-hulk-that-is.html

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
40K Vote Namenlos. It's that or no supper

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Oath Complete

Jurnal Entry is the checker patterns on the sergeant's gun and on some of the shoulder pads.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
For October I, Galaspar, oath Erebus and Kor Phaeron with diorama base. They're 28mm, by Forgeworld/GW for Warhammer 40,000 (or at least for Forgeworld's Horus Heresy expansion)

I really hope I can find the time and the willpower to finish these guys properly, because they're pretty drat special models, not to mention favourite characters.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Oath Complete

For the detectuv's jurnal there's the pink daemonfire on Erebus's staff, and pink hoses all over Kor Phaeron.

Wish I'd spent a little more time on them, but we have some new additions to the family who are making their presence felt.

Introducing Gideon Ravenor

And Alizabeth Bequin Socks

Galaspar fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Nov 1, 2013

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
For November, I, Galaspar, oath three Chaos Space Marines. Games Workshop, 28mm, WH40K, you know the tiny drill

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006

krushgroove posted:

ha, quote != edit

e: found something to actually edit in:
Warhammer World have put up pictures of a battle on the J'migan Bridge table that I've reserved for the 15th of December: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/wnt/blog.jsp?pid=11700030-gws

So this is a good time to remind all you UK goons (and anyone who wants to make the trip!) that we'll be doing a 40K Apocalypse game from 10 AM to 6 PM on the 15th of December, all goons are invited! Details are here to save space: http://hammertime40k.wordpress.com/2013/10/22/upcoming-warhammer-world-trip-apocalypse/

I should be able to make this, with as many plague marines as I can muster.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Oath Complete!

Jurnal entry is the filthy comb of hair I added to that last guy.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
For December I oath an Imperial Guard Quartermaster, a Priest and three guardsmen. Warhammer 40,000, mostly Games Workshop with some Victoria Lamb components

As it happens, I'm oathing the same quartermaster who's just been put up as a prize.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
My vote also goes to Matgash. Smooth colours!

Great news on the prize, I always need good brushes.

On that note, a box arrived a few days ago!

Really nice sculpts, many thanks to the sponsor MiniWarGaming

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006

ineptmule posted:

Oath Thread goons at WHW today - have an awesome time! Nottingham's too far for me today unfortunately.

Thanks! This turned out to be a really good day - a bloody, hard-fought game on an amazing board, a great bunch of people, and so much else to see. Thanks again to Krushgroove for bringing it together.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Oath Complete

NMM Jurnal is the priest and quartermaster, both painted with no metallic paints. The priest's man-catcher came out better that the quartermaster's "gold" breastplate, but I'm happy enough with both.

These guys are a Themed Group

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
For January I, Galaspar, pledge the following oafs oath: Three Ogryns by Games Workshop, 28mm scale

As you can probably tell, one of them began life as a WFB ogre. Built him a custom ripper gun:

Galaspar fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jan 4, 2014

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006

I think that's January's challenge.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Oath Complete!

Edit: pic above is a bit dark, the lighting works better if I take them one by one and montage:

OSL Jurnal can be seen on the face of one guy, and the custom ripper gun of another:

Galaspar fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jan 31, 2014

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
I, Galaspar, have a problem

I can't stop making Imperial Guard officers. I must have painted more that a dozen colonels, lieutenants, commissars, regimental colour-sergeants and other assorted hinge-headed Ruperts over the last few years, and none of them yet have a proper platoon to lead. Here's just a few of them:

Of all guardsmen, officers are the most fun to convert and paint, but it's becoming a bit "too many chiefs" in my carry case. At this point I really ought to be filling out the rank and file. But first, I must get this top-brass fixation out of my system...

I, Galaspar, oath five Imperial Guard officers for February. 28mm, Warhammer 40k, Games Workshop (mostly). One's in a bloody kilt.

Rumour has it that the forthcoming Imperial Guard codex includes rules for squads of veterans with all sorts of weapons, so some of my orphan commanders might have a place on the tabletop after all

Galaspar fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Feb 8, 2014

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Oath Complete

Jurnal is this guy, a tribute to eccentric hero Mad Jack Churchill, who charged into battle in WW2 with a claymore sword and a longbow.

As far as I know, Churchill didn't fight in a kilt. Still, he was an enthusiastic bagpiper and transferred to a Highland regiment, so maybe he sometimes did. The tartan is based on that of another peculiar pipe-loving British officer, Lord Lovat.

Galaspar fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Mar 1, 2014

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
For March I oath one kitbashed techpriest. For Warhammer 40k, 28mm, all parts GW

I'm sure the hodgepodge of different plastics and metals makes the conversion pretty clear, I can post photos of the different stock models if preferred. Consists of the following parts which were bought, found, donated or in one case literally picked out of a pile of trash in the street:

Legs/torso back from Dark Angels marine
Torso front and shoulder pad from marine vehicle crew
Marine backpack with one vent removed
Scanner arm and servo-arm from a techmarine
Marine pistol arm
Rogue Trader era marine auto-pistol (yeah, that was a thing once)
Rogue Trader era ork axe
Empire Flagellant skull & scroll with added eyepiece from marine scout
Brettonian peasant archer head
Servo-claw from source unknown

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Oath Complete!

As per my oath pic, the Jurnal on this guy is that he's entirely built from spares. Closest to an original mini shot would be this from the GW site:

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
I think I should end the year with something a bit special.

For April I oath one Imperial Knight Paladin. 28mm scale, GW

House Mortimer shall walk once more!

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
OATH COMPLETE

Jurnals:

Pink

The hoses, and some of the purity seal wax.

Cut and swap

I replaced the standard heavy stubber secondary weapons with multi-lasers.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
It's the water pots that are the real problem. Doesn't matter that they've got fresh water in a bowl, or that they've learned to use the tap, what our cats really crave is stale water tinged with Bestial Brown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Thanks for the brushes! There's more than I expected, a really useful, varied selection.

• Locked thread