Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Dumb question out of the way: do molded bases a la Dragonforge count towards the basing requirements? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

krushgroove posted:

They'd have to be painted, but yeah. Standard 'blank' bases have to be coated with sand and painted, or flocked to count as 'based', so a molded base should at least be painted to be completed.

I thought as much, just wanted to be sure! :shobon:

Thanks for the quick answer.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Decided to take the chill path this oath season: just oath whatever, don't worry about oathing every month, bonus points, quarterly events, etc. If I win stuff, cool. If not, also cool. :cheers:

With that said, I oath an :ussr: Ariadnan Line Kazak :ussr:, from Corvus-Belli's Infinity range.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Humidity at 60%+ all day. No worries, I didn't want to prime anything today or anything. :negative:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Safety Factor posted:

Only 60%? :smug:

That's exactly why I use gesso. It makes priming possible in Houston. Too bad I never have the time to actually paint.

I would totally use gesso if not for the fact that I'm priming white, of which the gesso variety is shoddy.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

SRM posted:

Just run outside, spray prime, and run back inside if you have air conditioning. I did that last summer when it was 80something and humid for a week at a time.

This is what I ended up doing and the Kazak ended up perfectly fine and even survived another run outside to hit a spot just under his backpack that had missed some coverage. :toot:

Good thing I've limited myself to only a single model this month.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
:frogsiren: OATH COMPLETE! :ducksiren:

For some reason, Imgur doesn't differentiate much between the original image and, say, a large thumbnail, so here are some bigger pictures for the slideshow/inspection:

Front

Back

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Leperflesh posted:

Just as an FYI: if you include your username in your oath complete post, that's worth a point! Also if you did this month's Detektuv's Jurnal challenge, you need to explicitly point it out or I cannot award the two points that's worth. Naturally if you don't really care about points, feel free to ignore these things.

I'll remember the username thing in later entries, but after 2-3 years of trying to squeeze out every point I've decided to take the laid-back approach this time around. :cheers:

Thanks for the notice, though.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
I, bhsman, oath to complete a Ariadnan Veteran Kazak from Corvus Belli's Infinity range by the end of this month.

...if not this week. :getin:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Pierzak posted:

Just don't send him to look for the previous one :ohdear:

He'll be going for a rescue mission behind enemy lines. :ussr:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Mr.Booger posted:

I, Mr.Booger, Oath 12 Baccus ACW confederate cav (6mm) and 1 GW Necron (28-30mm)

cutting up the necron, will add conversion pic once done.

I like to think the Necron is terribly confused as he stares at the miniature (:rimshot:) horsemen.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
:frogsiren: OATH COMPLETE!присяги полной :ducksiren:

bhsman fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jul 5, 2013

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Leperflesh posted:

Sole.Sushi, where are you

Generally yes, it's good to wait if you have any concern your oath post might not be right. However, Sole.Sushi hasn't approved any oaths yet for July, and it's already the 5th; I don't want anyone to lose precious painting time, especially on a long holiday weekend.

I strongly suspect that at this point if Sole.Sushi has an issue with anyone's original Oath photos, he will ask for you to take an additional (better-lit or something) photo, but any paint you have on the mini by now is excused and OK. He's not going to be expecting people to wait around this long. So please go ahead and start painting.

Oh jeez, I'm sorry; I hadn't realized that it wasn't approved yet. I just blacked out yesterday morning and woke with a fully-painted model in front of me! :smith:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Quick question: so about two weeks after I finished my first oath, a Line Kazak, I lost it and wouldn't find it for another month. It had somehow dropped into my backpack and spent a month having heavy objects being dropped onto it. By the time I found it the paint had been rubbed off in a few areas and the model had snapped in half at the ankles. :negative:

I've since stripped the model and fixed it, though I had forgotten to take picture of it while damaged. My question is, can I re-oath it for August, pictures and everything? I've got nothing else to paint (at least, nothing that really interests me or would contribute to my Infinity army) for about two weeks and by then I'll be back at school. I wasn't sure if that was kosher so I wanted to ask first.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Leperflesh posted:

Monthly prizes:

A blister pack selected from the box sent to us from Corvus Belli goes to: bhsman!

Awesome! :slick: I didn't see Krushgroove's email address on the OP, but mine's bhsman@gmail dot com. Thanks, guys!

EDIT: Nevermind, found it.

EDIT2: Email sent!

bhsman fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Aug 6, 2013

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
^^^What's up, tovarishch? :ussr::respek::jihad:

Going to (re-)Oath one Line Kazak from Corvus Belli for the month of August:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Leperflesh posted:

Re-oath? As far as I can tell, you completed a line kazak in June; your failed July oath was a veteran kazak. If I got that wrong, and this is a failed oath from this year's thread, you can (also) use this as a Savin' da Whales entry.

To echo what was said earlier, the original oath was completed but was lost in my backpack for a few weeks and was severely damaged as a result; because this is just a re-do of a completed oath, it technically shouldn't qualify for Savin' da Whales. :eng101: I think.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
:siren:Oath Complete!:frogsiren:

And with the rest of his friends:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Leperflesh posted:

Cool man, but hey, did you do the theme this month? I can see some color on the kneepads, but maybe that's just highlighting... Also, if you put your name in your photo that's worth a point.

I'm not in it for the points this year. :c00l: If it's convenient for you if I have my name in the completed photos, I'll make it a point of inclusion each time.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

krushgroove posted:

It's more that it's convenient for me actually :) I have to label the pictures that don't have names, and even if someone says 'I don't care about points' I still need to put the name in the picture just in case the judges like what you've done. I'm not in the prize draws or anything but if my pictures do get the attention of the judges it will be very easy for them to ignore my pictures.

It's up to you really, if you're just in it for the motivation that's fantastic, but I'll add your name if it's missing.

Fair points, I'll be sure to add my name to all pre- and post- pictures.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

krushgroove posted:

[b]GAZE YE UPON THIS LIST OF SHAME AND REMEMBER
bhsman

Wait, what? :stare: How did I win the Infinity monthly prize and fail an oath at the same time?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Hey there Oath thread, it's been a couple of months! I'm home from law school for winter break and was thinking of painting some Ariadnans for Infinity. When is the cutoff date for this month?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
I, bhsman, do oath to complete one Ariadna Veteran Kazak w/HMG from Corvus Belli's Infinity line. :ussr:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Ohshi-! I thought I had until the end of the month as usual; shows how long I've been out of the loop here. Oh well, is it too early to oath for next month? :v:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

krushgroove posted:

Sorry - keep painting, I meant no more new oaths for this month :)

Awesome, thanks for the clarification!

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Fuuuuuuck I literally just finished, too. :(

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
I, bhsman, oath to complete a Ariadnan Tankhunter, from Corvus-Belli's Infinity range:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
I want to start painting but I haven't been approved yet. :ohdear:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
:siren: Oath complete! :ducksiren:

Aww yeah:

The rest of the squad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Gonna have to roll with -----Red Shoe, though Iris of Ether's steampunk dragon was a close, close second. The sheer variety of Shoe's stuff - and all of it painted at a high level - is what ultimately did it for me

• Locked thread