Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002

krushgroove posted:

You don't have to wait for approval to get started painting - Sole.Sushi isn't able to come into the thread every day, so just crack on :)

Alright thanks.

Not to be a jerk or anything but whats the point of getting the models approved then at all? Lets assume I didn't wait and just starting working on my drop pod after posting the picture and Sole.Sushi had an issue with it. Would I have to start all over? Would no one care? Like I said I don't want to come off as a jerk but if the approval doesn't mean anything why even hassle all this stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

JesusIsTehCool posted:

Alright thanks.

Not to be a jerk or anything but whats the point of getting the models approved then at all? Lets assume I didn't wait and just starting working on my drop pod after posting the picture and Sole.Sushi had an issue with it. Would I have to start all over? Would no one care? Like I said I don't want to come off as a jerk but if the approval doesn't mean anything why even hassle all this stuff?

I can see where you're coming from, but if you read through sole.sushi's post history in this thread you'll see where he's asked people to retake a photo because something is really blurred or even warned others about different colors of primer, things like that. When he asks for a clearer picture he usually make a point to say something like "it's okay if you've painted it a bit, I just need to see a better photo" or something like that.

Leperflesh has taken on a lot of the role of asking people questions about their oaths, too, which has helped to make the approval step pretty streamlined these days.

While it may seem like we might not really need the approval posts, they are important for the whole process to run smoothly.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Leperflesh posted:

Cool man, but hey, did you do the theme this month? I can see some color on the kneepads, but maybe that's just highlighting... Also, if you put your name in your photo that's worth a point.

I'm not in it for the points this year. :c00l: If it's convenient for you if I have my name in the completed photos, I'll make it a point of inclusion each time.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

bhsman posted:

I'm not in it for the points this year. :c00l: If it's convenient for you if I have my name in the completed photos, I'll make it a point of inclusion each time.

It's more that it's convenient for me actually :) I have to label the pictures that don't have names, and even if someone says 'I don't care about points' I still need to put the name in the picture just in case the judges like what you've done. I'm not in the prize draws or anything but if my pictures do get the attention of the judges it will be very easy for them to ignore my pictures.

It's up to you really, if you're just in it for the motivation that's fantastic, but I'll add your name if it's missing.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

krushgroove posted:

It's more that it's convenient for me actually :) I have to label the pictures that don't have names, and even if someone says 'I don't care about points' I still need to put the name in the picture just in case the judges like what you've done. I'm not in the prize draws or anything but if my pictures do get the attention of the judges it will be very easy for them to ignore my pictures.

It's up to you really, if you're just in it for the motivation that's fantastic, but I'll add your name if it's missing.

Fair points, I'll be sure to add my name to all pre- and post- pictures.

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

JesusIsTehCool posted:

Not the first time this question has been asked in this thread, nor is it the first time that I'm answering it, but I can't blame you for not wanting to dig through the pages for a specific thing; basically, all that the "accepted" posts means is that I have recognized that you took a photo for some bonus points for the month and have followed all the guidelines set forth; if you don't want to do an AP photo, you don't have to. If you want to oath something that is already half way done, go for it. But, if you follow the guidelines and get bonus points, then even better!
Doing or not doing an AP photo does not exclude you from participating. If I find something wrong with it, I'll ask you about what's going on (like the blur, for example); This doesn't mean to stop working. In the history of doing this for the Oath Thread, I haven't asked a single person to strip down a model and start over, nor will I ever do so. The guidelines are fast, and I'm not going to get soft on those, but I'm not going to be a jerk. Painting takes a lot of effort, and I recognize that. Worst case scenario is that I ask you to retake your AP photo, but whatever progress you made is fine.
Having said that, all requirements for a successful AP photo must be initially observed when putting it up. Whatever happens beyond that point (if I ask for a clearer photo or just a reshoot for one of a dozen reasons), is pretty much at my discretion; and I'm not ever going to ask you to start over.

TL;DR: this post isn't aimed directly at you, but everyone--AP Photos are for Bonus Points if you follow the guidelines in the OP: After you put your photo up, do not cease working while you wait for my approval.

Pierzak posted:

What about mine?

What about yours!? (sorry, missed it in the shuffle; Accepted :v:)

JesusIsTehCool posted:

Unsure, maybe its from the flash? Here is another picture, if you want I can add it to my original oath post.

Crazy. Accepted.

Arlaharen posted:

I, Arlaharen, oath a Cipher from Privateer Press for the month of August

Indolent Bastard posted:

I Indolent Bastard, oath 1 Line Kazak from Corvus Beli (Infinity) and 1 Mega Nob from Games Workshop

bhsman posted:

Going to (re-)Oath one Line Kazak from Corvus Belli for the month of August:

Conan the Librarian posted:

I, Conan the Librarian, oath to paint these 24 Panzergrenadiers, 3 StuH 42s, and 4 Marder Is from Battlefront in 15mm. Also relevant Awwww! a BABY!

Chance II posted:

I, Chance II, Oath 5 Tallarn Desert Raiders from Gamesworkshopt (although they are Forgeworld and Victoria Minis bits) for the month of August.

Buffalo squeeze posted:

I, Buffalo squeeze, oath for August 3 Scavvy gangers from GW

The Supreme Court posted:

I, the Supreme Court, oath the dead fish from Games Workshop's Dreadfleet for August

Grey Hunter posted:

I Grey Hunter, first of that name, do hereby oath four Warhammer Quest heroes!

Thundercloud posted:

I, Thundercloud, having hosed up my Oath last month by oathing too much stuff and giving myself too little time to do it, have decided to double down and Oath twice as much this month.
For the month of August I Oath 1 Chaos Aspiring Champion from Games Workshops WH40k line, 1 Aegis Defence Line from Games Workshops WH40k line, 1 converted Mk III boarding captain from Forgeworlds WH30k line (Cut and Swap), 39 Grel infantry from Dream Pod 9s Heavy Gear range in 1/144 scale, 3 Man-at-Arms Golems, 2 Constable Golems and 1 Marshall Golem from Dream Pod 9s Heavy Gear range in 1/144 scale for a total of a lot of stuff. Ignominy awaits!

enri posted:

Oath addition! I enri, hereby oath to paint 1 trollblood pyre troll, made by Privateer Press, this is a 28mm scale model

counterspin posted:

I Counterspin hereby oath 6 Khayazy Assasins, plus their Underboss, all for Warmachine from Privateer Press, 28 mm models

Mr.Booger posted:

I Mr.Booger Oath this tankette from Spartan Games and a tanker crewman from Zombiesmith (both 28mm), for when it ultimately blows up

Illudere posted:

I, Illudere, oath an Orc Raider starter fleet consisting of 1 battleship, 3 cruisers, and 6 frigates. These miniatures are Spartan Games Uncharted Seas in 1/600th scale. I also oath 2 war elephants with howdahs from Eureka Miniatures in 10mm scale.

LazyAngel posted:

After a couple of months break, I, LazyAngel, oath for the month of August, the Masters of The Path box from Malifaux by Wyrd Miniatures. This consists of three Ashigaru, Chiaki, Yan Lo and a Soul Porter.

TheBlobThing posted:

I, TheBlobThing, oath to paint these 10 skeleton warriors from Games Workshop in the month of August!

Under 15 posted:

I, Under 15, oath the following: Three GW Warhammer Fantasy Night Goblin Fanatics and one Night Goblin Shaman

Indolent Bastard posted:

I Indolent Bastard, am making a small oath addition of 3 Fantasy Football Skeletons from Impact! Miniatures 28mm scale minis

Big Willy Style posted:

I oath a raysat from infinity (corvus beli)

Signal posted:

I do add to my oath one Kell Bailoch in 28mm by Privateer Press, and two Bombers, six Torpedo Boat bases, and ten tiny flyer tokens for Dystopian Wars/Spartan Games (In 1:1200 scale)

Chance II posted:

Chance II additionally oath one Corvis Belli Gao Tarsos from Infinity, one converted Sylys Wyshnallyr from Privateer Press, and one Metal Slug from who the hell knows for the month of August.

Ledgem posted:

[b]Oathing for August: Wyrd Miniatures Ama no Zako from Malifaux and three Puppet Wars models Seamus, Lady Justice, and Pokey Vik

Red Shoe posted:

[b]I add a Freebooter, 6 Gun Mages, a Gun Mage Officer, and a Gun Mage Captain Adept to my August oath These are Privateer Press models.

Accepted.

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002

Sole.Sushi posted:

Not the first time this question has been asked in this thread, nor is it the first time that I'm answering it, but I can't blame you for not wanting to dig through the pages for a specific thing; basically, all that the "accepted" posts means is that I have recognized that you took a photo for some bonus points for the month and have followed all the guidelines set forth; if you don't want to do an AP photo, you don't have to. If you want to oath something that is already half way done, go for it. But, if you follow the guidelines and get bonus points, then even better!
Doing or not doing an AP photo does not exclude you from participating. If I find something wrong with it, I'll ask you about what's going on (like the blur, for example); This doesn't mean to stop working. In the history of doing this for the Oath Thread, I haven't asked a single person to strip down a model and start over, nor will I ever do so. The guidelines are fast, and I'm not going to get soft on those, but I'm not going to be a jerk. Painting takes a lot of effort, and I recognize that. Worst case scenario is that I ask you to retake your AP photo, but whatever progress you made is fine.
Having said that, all requirements for a successful AP photo must be initially observed when putting it up. Whatever happens beyond that point (if I ask for a clearer photo or just a reshoot for one of a dozen reasons), is pretty much at my discretion; and I'm not ever going to ask you to start over.

TL;DR: this post isn't aimed directly at you, but everyone--AP Photos are for Bonus Points if you follow the guidelines in the OP: After you put your photo up, do not cease working while you wait for my approval.

Wow I must have misread something or something just didn't stick. I feel kind of dumb now. Sorry for wasting your time and I will get started on my drop pod tonight. Thanks for clearing everything up for me.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I, Achmed Jones, oath these figures from Reaper: Garrick the Bold (Bones) and "Man with Hoe" from the Townsfolk V pack.

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

JesusIsTehCool posted:

Wow I must have misread something or something just didn't stick. I feel kind of dumb now. Sorry for wasting your time and I will get started on my drop pod tonight. Thanks for clearing everything up for me.

Don't feel dumb; it's buried in walls of text someplace. Also, you didn't waste my time. It's my job in this thread to help, and if you have a question, ask.

Achmed Jones posted:

I, Achmed Jones, oath these figures from Reaper: Garrick the Bold (Bones) and "Man with Hoe" from the Townsfolk V pack.

Accepted.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Oh poopy, I took Oath pictures yesterday but forgot to upload them.

I, Lord Hypnostache, oath 15 Night Goblins and 5 Chaos Cultists. Both are GW and the Cultists are 40k.

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Lord Hypnostache posted:

I, Lord Hypnostache, oath 15 Night Goblins and 5 Chaos Cultists. Both are GW and the Cultists are 40k.

Accepted.

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
:11tea: Adding the Flaming Scimitar from Dreadfleet to my oath for August: :11tea:

:11tea: I, the Supreme Court, oath the dead fish from Games Workshop's Dreadfleet for August :11tea:

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
I have a question about the Weathering Jurnal. For it can you do the stuff to the base? You mentioned using mud, and I based 4 of my guys to make them look like they were standing on muddy ground. Would this count or I have to throw some mud on their models?

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Adding the Flaming Scimitar from Dreadfleet to my oath for August:

Accepted.

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe
Oath Completed!

Who would have thought painting Warhammer Fantasy would be so much more suitable for oathing minis each month?

Detektuv's jurnal
The verdigris on the bronze shields:

The rust on the iron parts. There are more, I just picked out the most visible because I'm using a crappy cell phone camera.

So that's Detektuv's jurnal and Themed group I believe. Dunno if I missed some.

Edit: Forgot to at least use the macro function on my crappy cell phone cam. Switched out the main photo.

Fish and Chimps fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Aug 16, 2013

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

I, Brock Samsonite, oath this Eldar Wave Serpent based on a bag of cough-drops from Games Workshop for the month of August.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
I don't think Sushi's going to approve that. I see more than one colour on that pack of Halls.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

thiswayliesmadness posted:

I don't think Sushi's going to approve that. I see more than one colour on that pack of Halls.
But it's not painted, so as long as it gets painted over it should be OK. Either way, that baggie now has to end up on the base somehow. v:v:v

Avenger_Mullah
Dec 28, 2008
The Dark Potential starter pack from Miniwargaming that I was lucky enough to win arrived yesterday (just 4 days from Canada to Denmark, wow) and the minis looks awesome. Great sculpts, much closer to Infinity than GW in terms of realistic proportions and style.

Love them, thank you very much oath thread and sponsors!

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
August Oath Complete

Theme Group, I believe.

Edited for poor reading comprehension.

KingMob fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Aug 18, 2013

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

:siren:OATH COMPLETE!:siren: one epic scale hive tyrant, one pyre troll

:siren:The Detektuv’s Jurnal::siren:

Rusty bits on the pyre trolls crotch & butt armour pieces. Only the butt armour shown here :v:

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Holy poo poo, Kingmob, those look great.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

KingMob posted:

Theme Group, I believe.

Minimum themed group size at 28mm is 5 models, unfortunately. There's still time to oath one more for the month, if you're up to it and if you have the model and if it makes sense for you to have five of these models!

Or you could oath five other things I guess?

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Smurfs don't lay eggs! I won't tell you this again! Papa Smurf has a fucking beard! They're mammals!
:frogsiren: I Bavius oath to paint a blitza bomba ork jet, a 28 mm 40k model

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Did I miss the judging for last month? There was some good poo poo out there.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
:siren:ineptmule oaths TWO TAU PATHFINDERS and ONE TAU CADRE FIREBLADE (kitbashed):siren:

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010
I, Namenlos, Oath 4 Space Marine dudes.

Any word on judging yet? It's nearly September...

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Fix posted:

Did I miss the judging for last month? There was some good poo poo out there.

Namenlos posted:

I, Namenlos, Oath 4 Space Marine dudes.

Any word on judging yet? It's nearly September...

Judges were just sent the link to the photo album on Friday, the lateness was my fault plus some photos were missing in the upload to Google Photos. They're usually quick so we should start seeing the judgements soon!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Indolent Bastard posted:

:siren:I Indolent Bastard, oath 1 Line Kazak from Corvus Beli (Infinity) and 1 Mega Nob from Games Workshop :siren:

Indolent Bastard posted:

:siren:I Indolent Bastard, am making a small oath addition of 3 Fantasy Football Skeletons from Impact! Miniatures 28mm scale minis:siren:

:siren:I Indolent Bastard, am making a smaller oath addition of 2 Fantasy Football Ghouls from Impact! Miniatures 28mm scale minis:siren:

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
For August I, Galaspar, oath this Chaos Rhino. It's a 28m Warhammer 40,000 miniature by Games Workshop

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Galaspar posted:

For August I, Galaspar, oath this Chaos Rhino. It's a 28m Warhammer 40,000 miniature by Games Workshop

Is that one of the Possessed heads? I'm having a hard time placing it.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Yeah, it's from the Possessed. I've been scattering parts from one of those kits in my conversions for a year or two, some really striking components.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Indolent Bastard posted:

:siren:I Indolent Bastard, am making a smaller oath addition of 2 Fantasy Football Ghouls from Impact! Miniatures 28mm scale minis:siren:

Have a washed out picture that proves I have completed the Speed painting! bonus.

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Aug 20, 2013

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

:siren:OATH COMPLETE:siren:

Themed Group

An Undead Blood Bowl Team (the team colours are purple and gold).

Weathering

One rusty Mega Nob

Infinity Model

Line Kazak with rocket launcher.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
Finished making the base for my Librarian, for the Get Based Out bonus.

My friend's phone couldn't get any closer than New York, but it's in the same time zone so whatever :v:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Slimnoid posted:

Finished making the base for my Librarian, for the Get Based Out bonus.

My friend's phone couldn't get any closer than New York, but it's in the same time zone so whatever :v:

Cool! So this is your oath picture to 'start' this particular piece, correct? meaning, you'll be painting it up by the end of the month? Just making sure you're doing it right.

TarDolphinorShark
Sep 25, 2008

:siren: Incoming oath :siren:

I TarDolphinorShark oath one 28mm Ramshackle Games Dunger for August.

I didnt get a chance to post my oath before we moved so I hope i'm not too late.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Anyone can post new oaths until 7 days before the end of the month, so you have about 3.5 days or so to post new/additional oaths :)

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

TarDolphinorShark posted:

I TarDolphinorShark oath one 28mm Ramshackle Games Dunger for August.
Finally :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I am glad to say :siren:Oaff Complete!:siren:

In addition to the Weathering in the form of corrosion on the plates and flaking paint, I am also going to claim Backstory with this little thing here:

Close to the northern edge of Cygnar territory stood a crumbling barn; most of the roof had fallen in, and the walls were starting to fail now as well. Enough was left to provide Asheth Magnus with shelter for the past week, while he worked. His headlong flight from the heart of Cygnar had been exhausting, and his last clash with the usurpers dogs had nearly ruined his remaining warjack, an aged Arcane he had stolen during his escape.

Magnus had only hoped to find shelter in the barn, but had been amazed to discover a small cache of mechanical parts, apparently stored by whatever farmer had once worked this land and then either forgotten or abandoned. To many the pile of agricultural machinery would have been useless, but to a man of Magnus' skill, it was a lifeline. For the last week he had worked feverishly, stripping the mangled pieces from the Arcane and carefully constructing something entirely new. Hardly anyone would recognize the chassis of the old jack under all his work, and even the painstakingly rebuilt Cortex felt different to his mental touch.

As dawn began to filter into through the gaps in the roof, Magnus sealed the top hatch and stepped down from his perch on the 'jack's knee. At his command, the 'jack moved slowly, testing it's new limbs. It had lost both it's old arms, one replaced by an enormous woodsaw and the other with stout buckler with a charge embedded in the front- Magnus had found some blasting powder in the supplies and been inspired. Though lean and haggard, his own armor rent and dirtied, Magnus grinned at his creation. "Good morning, old friend. Feeling better." The 'jack seemed puzzled by its new lack of hands, but certainly appreciated the maintenance.

Abruptly, a shout from outside broke the morning stillness. "Asheth Magnus! We know you're in there, and we have the building surrounded. Come out and surrender, renegade!" Magnus stifled a curse, and shuffled to the wall, peering through cracks in the wood. He could see a group of armed men assembling, leveling weapons at the barn. Magnus turned to look back to his new creation. "Well, they're asking for a renegade. Let's show them what one can do."

At his word the 'jack sprang to life, stepping forward and sweeping its saw to tear a great rent in the wall. Amid the startled cries of the Cygnar troops outside, it shouldered through the gap and leveled it's buckler - a dull 'whump' of the weapon firing was followed swiftly by an enormous blast that sent men and wood tumbling in every direction. Overwhelmed by the fury of the assault, they fell back from the barn in panic.

Magnus stepped into the breach left by his 'jack, and inhaled the morning air. It was going to be a good day.

• Locked thread