Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010
I oath this Hellhound :radcat:

Such plans I have...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010
Oath Complete.

So heres the thing. I've been stuck on a train all evening. I got on at 5.34pm; it's 8.54pm now and I'm not expecting to get home until between 11pm and midnight. So here is my attempt at my oath pic. I'll try and take some better pics when I get home, but I'm not optimistic I'll get them submitted before midnight. Ho hum. I tried so hard on my Oath this month; just lucky I'd taken it to work with me to do some finishing touches over lunch!

Edit;
Ahhh forgot WiP pics! Sunuvabitch.
Detektivs Jurnal

Parts List - All Citadel paint
Based with Skull White spray

Sky!
Ceramite White (Base)
Etherium Blue (Dry)
Blue Horror (Edge)
Ice Blue (Colour)
Lothern Blue (Layer)
Teclis Blue (Layer)
Enchanted Blue (Colour)
Mordian Blue (Foundation)

Earth!
Nurgling Green (Layer)
Straken Green (Layer)
Loren Forest (Layer)
Waaagh! Flesh (Base)

Tracks!
Ceramite White (Base)
Codex Grey (Colour)
Badab Black (Wash)

Edit 2, bonus shots

Namenlos fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jun 1, 2013

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

:woop::frogsiren:OH MY GOD PRIZES!:frogsiren::woop:

Aww yeah, I need new brushes!

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010

Sole.Sushi posted:

Super Cool Gal's Point: Namenlos!

I noticed when you first started oathing that when the theme was NMM, you went big. While I did not find the results to be as impressive as they could have been, you impressed me with the effort involved. In the months following that, you did several other NMM; you stuck with it, and you got better--way better. And now, I see a whole chrome tank, and we come full circle. I can, without hesitation, say I am impressed all around. This is one of the better usages of chrome NMM I have seen by any painter, professional or amateur. My only critique is that the "ground" sections could use a little variety in shades. At present, it looks like the tank is parked atop a field of green felt--having said that, it didn't bother me enough to not laud your efforts. You get this month's Super Cool Person's Point(tm) because you, more than anyone, stick with what you like, and you work hard to make it look good. And that, deserves praise.

Ah you are so right. I considered doing more detail, actually painting clouds and grass and what not, but I was so terrified of ducking it up so close to the end of the month and having to submit it being all rubbish :ohdear:
To be fair, most games will take place on green felt, so at least it will fit in :haw:
Thank you so much for the kind words! Really keeps me going. Having said all that, I had been debating doing a melty chrome thunderwolf like the T1000....

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010
I oath this converted techmarine

Wish I had remembered about the kitbash category. Ho hum.

Namenlos fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jun 18, 2013

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010
Hey guys, my models are in White Dwarf :haw: ...

Behind Dom's head :downsbravo:
You guys remember my Minotaur Tank and Minotaur chaplain, right? :downs:

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010
Ok so just so I'm clear, do you mean 1am on the morning of Sunday the 30th? Or an hour after midnight, ie, the 1st of July?

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010
Oath Complete!

Battle Damage! - His second metal-appendage (which is a conversion) is holding his own blown-off bionic arm. Tried to paint the minotaur symbol inside the cog on his shoulder - agh SO TINY. God drat NMM - There's no way I can't not do it on metallic bits now :bang:

Namenlos fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Jun 30, 2013

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010

Fyrbrand posted:

Here's that better pic:

Are those beauties from Forge World?

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010
I, Namenlos, Oath this converted Penitent Engine

For the chop and swap, I have chopped off half of the legs and used venerable dreadnought legs in place, and for the left arm I have chopped off half the arm and used this ... flail thing? From the Chaos Space Marine Defiler. Also with the flamer from the venerable dreadnought box.
I'm also submitting this to the conversion mini competition; and because it's the third month in a row, does it qualify for Good Start! as well?
Have I missed anything out for oathing all this correctly?

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010
Just so we're clear guys? Do we have until Midnight tomorrow night (UK time) or is it like last month where it was actually an hour after midnight on the last day? (Ie, 1am on the 1st). Just so I know how much time I don't have.
Because I still have SO MUCH to paint. And it's my stupid birthday tomorrow. So I have to go out for a meal and celebrate and junk :colbert:

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010
Oath Complete

ETA;

I tried a number of new and different painting techniques with this. I was sad to rush the encaustic tiles, but because of stupid birthday I was SO up against the clock. I didn't even get to write script on the (SO MANY) purity seals.
Chop and swap was the dreadnought legs and weapon for the original penitent ones.

Namenlos fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Aug 2, 2013

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010
Double post, I guess?

Namenlos fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Aug 2, 2013

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

I feel terrible saying this but, you're 2 minutes late. :negative:

Brushes down, everyone, July is over (in the UK)!

4 minutes too late, yes. I will let Krushgroove decide whether I can credit you for having a name in your oath complete post, since it's absent from the one that is in before the deadline.

Oh my poor husband :( sorry you had to take me out for a meal. Fwiw, I had an awesome time <3

Are we ok with editing previous posts as long as it was posted before the cutoff? I didn't want to accidentally disqualify myself, but equally I hate clogging up threads.

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010
I, Namenlos, Oath 4 Space Marine dudes.

Any word on judging yet? It's nearly September...

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010
:radcat: Oath Complete :radcat:

Bonus photo! Blood spatter!

Backstory;

Atropos had always hated drop pods, and today was no exception. They had landed miles away from the city the Xenos scum were hiding in, which meant a long trek over the verdant fields. This was his first mission in his new armor, which had been further polished and cleaned. He had a glorious new bolter to match, polished to a fine gleam.
It took hours to get to the city, each step Atropos took closer to the city became more and more difficult; the ground had been already so trampled that it had become a quagmire. Space Marines and Ork alike had already begun the battle hours beforehand.
He was eager to join the battle by this point, charging into the burning city with his brothers. Detritus littered the defunct streets, the damages of war already in evidence. He leapt into the fray, charging down green skins, blood spurting everywhere. An ill-timed whack with the butt of his pistol to the shattered face of an Ork left him with bullets grazing his shoulder pad. Diving into cover left him with more holes grazing up his shin. The filthy xenos would pay for this.
The battle did not last nearly as long as Atropos would have liked, but certainly long enough to see many of his brothers cut down. The day was of course theirs in the end. Come the end he had more than proved himself worthy, the survivor of countless thousands of battles, always triumphant. This time though Asterion Moloc, their brutal chapter Masters, deemed him worthy of receiving his veteran's laurels and Iron Skull, joining them within the sacked city himself. Atropos had done his best to clean the soot, mud and blood from his armour, but there was no helping the bullet-holes. Perhaps he would start a new collection.

Detektuvs Jurnal;
Mud covered in the second stage, still muddy but blood covered in the third, as well as sooty. See also bullet-holes in the leg and shoulder pad. The same bullet-holes in the fourth stage.

Namenlos fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Sep 1, 2013

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010
40K VOTE Galaspar, surprisingly enough

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010
I,Namenlos, oath this rad Sons of Horus banner bearer

Just so I'm clear, I'm going to freehand the banner, can I still oath this for Fly your flag?

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010

krushgroove posted:

See this post: the Fly Your Flag and this month's Jurnal are separate things. As thespaceinvader mentions however, if you freehand something on the model holding the flag, you get the Jurnal points.

If I just freehand the banner, and not Fky My Flag, will I still get the jurnal points?

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

This statement could be read two ways.

Here is what krushgroove means:

You can either freehand paint your flag to claim the Fly your Flag bonus, OR you can freehand paint your flag to claim the September Detektuv's Jurnal points, but not both.

If you want to claim both bonuses this month, you must freehand something else in addition to freehanding the flag.

Note however that the bar for the Detekuv's Jurnal is fairly low: freehanding some stripes or triangles or something on a cloak, a glyph on a shoulderpad, a tattoo on a face or arm, a tartan plaid on a dress, any of these will qualify.

I'll leave it to krushgroove to figure out the rules for the I Rolled a Six thing, but; what scale are Cow and Duck, please?

Thanks Leperflesh; I just want to e super-clear because I'm doing something ridiculously complicated on the banner, and I would hate to go to all that effort + freehand something on the shoulder pad, and ONLY have the shoulderpad used as judging for the freehand points, if you get my drift.

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010
:radcat: Oath Complete! :radcat:

Jurnal for freehand is the banner and the symbol on the shoulder-pad. - Disregard, I'll do Flag Flying another month.

For reference, the image of Horus is based on this painting by John Blanche;

p.s, was anyone at UK Games Day this Sunday gone? I had a lot of fun working customer service!

Namenlos fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Oct 1, 2013

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010
:radcat:I oath these 5 Adeptus Sororitas:radcat:

Please excuse the red showing through. I did my best to scrape off the original paint and then basecoat again, but the deepest nooks and crannies were difficult to get to.

Namenlos fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Oct 5, 2013

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010

krushgroove posted:

Double-posting because what the hell, but if anyone is in the Nottingham area Friday afternoon/evening myself and a couple of my 40K buddies will be at Warhammer World to take in the sites, try a Belly Buster and probably play some Kill Team games. Drop me a PM or email if you want to meet up! krushgroove169 at gmail

Ah you forgot to mention I'll be there for some of it too!

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010

krushgroove posted:

Well I wasn't sure if you were wanting to play as well :-) Raphus will be there from 3-ish and I've booked two tables somehow (one of the 'feature' tables and one normal one), so anyone who wants to play can show up.

The guys I'm going with will be leaving at 4 (we’ll be having lunch, looking around and hopefully get in a couple of Kill Team games) but after that I'm looking to play whatever, I've never played with anyone outside my group (or at WHW). So far Raphus and I are thinking of a 1000 pt game but I guess it depends how many other folks show up!

Cool well I probably won't be able to play as I only get 30 mins for lunch. Let me know on the day when you get here and what you plan on eating and I'll come over and join you lot. If you're still around after 5.30 I'll come hang out and maybe get a drink? I'll try and make sure I have some models in the office just in case :radcat:

Also, thanks Bachtere!

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010

Joe_Richter posted:

I'd Join you in WHW (I live in nottingham and 5 mins drive from there) but I no longer have any 28mm armies and I doubt you lot would want to play Epic Armageddon.

Also, working on better group shot pic for oath now.

Dude, just come anyway. I doubt I'll be playing.

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010

krushgroove posted:

Muy bueno! Accepted!

It's OK you couldn't make it, but if you had I could have let you use half of my army and we could have had a game on the sweet tables they have there. Raphuc couldn't make it in the end but I think we'll have to organize a proper meet-up with a bit more notice for everyone.

The trip to Warhammer World was fun, even if we didn't get any time to play on the awesome tables that are set up (the goon that was trying to make it from another city couldn't and I wasn't really up to trying to ask around for pick-up games) but we spent a lot of time wandering around, buying a few things here and there and enjoying ourselves. Met up with Namenlos and got far too many White Dwarfs, so plenty of reading material (and extra prizes for the Grab Bag!)

It was awesome getting to meet you Krushgroove. Pity I didn't get a chance to hang out with you guys more, it would have been cool to show you around WHW and such. Did you all get enough White Dwarfs to satisfy?

It was a pity more goons couldn't come. How would people feel about a Saturday meet closer to Christmas? Maybe end of November/beginning of December? (Then I would also get more than half an hour to hang out before running back to my desk!)

Also, YAY thanks thiswayliesmadness!

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010

krushgroove posted:

So here's the details, if anyone wants to come:
DATE: 15th of December
TIME: 10 AM to 6 PM (unfortunately closing time is earlier on Sundays)
THE GAME: Apocalypse! We'll see who shows up and divvy up the teams accordingly!

I'll be posting this in the 40K and Painting threads as well and if there's enough people interested I'll start up a thread in the meet-ups forum. My email is krushgroove169 at gmail.com to get on Da List!

So if you want to game or just hang out and have some Bugman's Ale, drop me a line and we'll get this thing sorted.

e: I've made a post on my group's blog to provide one place to keep updated - any updates will be posted here: http://hammertime40k.wordpress.com/2013/10/22/upcoming-warhammer-world-trip-apocalypse/

Oh my gosh, you've picked the day after my office Christmas party, so I'll be in Nottingham anyway (and possibly a bit hungover). SO deffo count me in!

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010

krushgroove posted:

So far in action we'll have:
Dark Angels
Blood Angels
Space Wolves
vs
Necrons
Chaos (me)

plus whoever else can make it - anyone who can't or doesn't play is welcome to have a drink or two and just meet up!

I should be good to bring some of my Adepta Sororitas.

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010

Does this qualify for Fly Your Flag? Also I'm sure there was something about a themed group when you had 5 models+ of the same squad/army/etc but I can't find mention of it in the OP.
Also, Detektuvs Jurnal is the pink hair on one of the sisters.

Been messing around with artsy coloured back-lighting. The picture on the banner was bigger, but I made Celestine a bit too big. Never mind! I'm getting a bit bored of encaustic tiles, too....

Namenlos fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Nov 1, 2013

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010
Can we change style/remove pre-existing hair/beard stuffs?

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010
:radcat: I, Namenlos, oath Marco Colombo:radcat:

Dude was just crying out for some fancy facial hair.

Also for painting it like on the box, does it have to be exactly the same or can there be minor differences?

Namenlos fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Nov 17, 2013

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

Who makes that mini, and what scale, please?

For painting it like on the box, you are supposed to make a genuine attempt to reproduce the box art. The degree to which you succeed is obviously dependent on your skill, the colors of paint you have, and the degree to which the model is accurate to the box art.

We are not prepared to draw some kind of clear line between following the box art and not following the box art; to do so would probably be absurd. Instead, we leave it to you to interpret the bonus challenge in good faith and then follow your heart.

It is the Games Workshop 2013 Games Day model.
Hm, ok. I was going to paint it almost exactly the same, but change the colour of the egg or the lizard. Ho hum.

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010

Sassy mustache for Movember Jurnal;

Claimed for Box Art!

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010

thespaceinvader posted:

Jurnal is the static-grass beard and eyebrows (thanks for the inspiration Bucnasti)

That is aweasome! Love the idea :D

Iris of Ether posted:

:allears: That is the fanciest of men. I think he actually looks better with the mustache.

Thank you! Dude was just crying out for a 'tache.

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010
I oath this Gûlavhar, the Terror of Arnor

Having been working on something for the last 3 weeks, I now don't think I'll have time to paint it properly. Soooo onto plan b! I've been wanting to paint something organic like it was made out of liquid metal....

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010
Oath Complete

NMM is the dude himself; I was trying to make it look like he was made out of a mettalic, shiny stuff. Like the dude in Terminator 2.

It worked in some areas, but not others. The wings kind of ended up looking like something from a Van Gogh painting O__o

P.S
Thank you for my points, Mr. Bachtere :3:

Namenlos fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jan 1, 2014

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010
I seem destined to accidentally time OSL with my yearly diorama, it would seem....

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010
I oath this Sant Celestine Diorama because I am insane and a time-waster.

I have no idea why I sprayed it when I hadn't finished basing wtf.

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010
Oath complete!

By the seven, the amount of time and effort that's gone into this. Gahhhh.
Jurnal is the OSL from the fiery sword, the Chaos cultists on fire, and the gently illuminated halo.

Based on this painting of Saint Celestine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010
I oath these 4 Space Marines

There will be more, but I want to get started.

• Locked thread